TV: Game of Thrones | Season 6 | Part V (NO BOOK DISCUSSION - NO SPOILERS!)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dick Sledge

The Tactleneck
Feb 11, 2009
I'm literally laughing at people questioning the plausibility of building ships quickly in a show with ****in ice zombies, dragons, faceless men and people being nearly cut in half and being resurrected.

But ship building is apparently where the line is drawn.

Ice zombies disappeared for thousands of years.

Dragons were gone for a good while as well.

Have you seen those faceless men take forever to just wash a corpse off?

Just saying.....**** takes time.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I'm literally laughing at people questioning the plausibility of building ships quickly in a show with ****in ice zombies, dragons, faceless men and people being nearly cut in half and being resurrected.

I'm over it, but I could never resist a Minecraft joke.

Euron still has ships and is building more. Whether or not it is plausible doesn't really matter. He is going to have his 1000 ships unless Yara kills him first.

Apr 28, 2010

:laugh:

Still find it funny how Euron just ordered everyone to build ships (to catch up).

It's not freakin' lego.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Line is they took the best ships. Not all the ships, so I assume Euron still has ships to chase after his family, while the workers build the Iron Fleet.

Both Yara and Euron promised to build the Iron Fleet implying they didn't currently have enough boats.

Also I see no reason for Yara to go to Dany. Yara scoffed at the idea of wooing the Dragon Queen.

He still ends up looking like an idiot. He made such a great case to be King that the best ships in the fleet all left him.

USC Trojans

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
May 17, 2002
LA Oiler fan
Doesn't seem she has enough ships. The Iron Fleet isn't built and she only took "The best ships" meaning she left ships behind. She might have 100 ships at best from the shot of the ships sailing away. Not nearly enough to get Dany and her army across.

Would also go against the Iron Born way to make pacts like that.
Balon was stubborn to a fault with his "We Do Not Sow" philosophy, which was his undoing. Euron is doing things his way, which sounds pretty smart after two Greyjoy uprisings that failed.

As for getting Dany's army across to Westeros...I'm thinking Yara's 100 ships will arrive first. She will offer her services to Dany which she will accept. Then Euron's fleet will arrive, and Dany/Yara's combined army will defeat him and take the rest of his ships.

The Drop

Rain Drop, Drop Top
Jul 12, 2015
Vancouver
Well, there's a bit of a difference between 7 guys deciding to murder their leader and hundreds of the best ships abandoning their leader.

The vote for lord commander was much closer than that. They had more than 7 people who didn't like Jon Snow

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Well, there's a bit of a difference between 7 guys deciding to murder their leader and hundreds of the best ships abandoning their leader.

They were never his though. Some captains were loyal to yara from the start and others for Euron.

Plus the whole Iron Price nonsense, and ya. Euron has to take the crown and the ships that go with it.

Also 1000 ships against Yara's 100 or so is to lopsided. Dany's army means nothing on water.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
The vote for lord commander was much closer than that. They had more than 7 people who didn't like Jon Snow

True, but it's not like they all said "**** this, I'm out of here" after the vote. It just felt weird that all the people at the Kingsmoot (who are all supposed to be ship captains?) were all behind Euron and then a minute later a bunch of the best ships are abandoning Euron.

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012
Time travel is now in Game of Thrones.

The white walkers were created by an item that kills them.

The Pyke and Arya storylines are useless and boring.

Pretty crazy episode.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas

This coming from the guy who spends a lot more time complaining about the show than accepting things as they are.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
Fantastic episode, again. Hodor got me in the feels for sure and there are a lot of ways to interpret how it all happened. Hold that door my friend!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad