TV: Game of Thrones | Season 6 | Part V (NO BOOK DISCUSSION - NO SPOILERS!)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Wait, does Sansa even know that Rob beheaded that karstark dude?

But yeah, I get it she's a Stark but I don't like the fact that she's calling the shots.

I feel like she's going to **** this up for everybody.

She should know, but Davos pretty much told her as much and she went her "Northerns are different rant" which came off as wrong. She regained the upper hand after basically downplaying Jon (saying he is exactly the same as Ramsey in the order of everything) and playing her Stark card and the Tully's.

Interesting note I saw on the 2nd watch is when Brienne is going on about not trusting anyone, and Sansa keeps saying she trusts Jon. Brienne asks her why she lied to Jon if she trusts him, and Sansa had no answer.

Another small fact. The Walker's armor can stop dragon glass. A Child tries to stab one and it fails badly. Meera got lucky by nailing that one in the neck.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Euron Greyjoy, so fit to be King of the Iron Islands that he allowed their fleet to be stolen right out from under him his first day on the job.

Dick Sledge

The Tactleneck
Feb 11, 2009
I think Yara and Theon may head across the Narrow Sea first to try to get to Dany. So when they get back across Dany can help them recapture their assumed kingdom. Or whatever you want to call it.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
It's funny how the show seems to be trying to build Sansa up to become smart/cunning like Littlefinger, but intellectually, she's actually reminding me alot of Cersei.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Ending is still emotional and I still think Hodor himself had some say or was somehow involved in this. He knew in part what was going on. Not sure how, and it might be bonkers but IDK.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
I think Yara and Theon may head across the Narrow Sea first to try to get to Dany. So when they get back across Dany can help them recapture their assumed kingdom. Or whatever you want to call it.
They better hurry or else Euron might build those ships in time and beat them to it.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Euron Greyjoy, so fit to be King of the Iron Islands that he allowed their fleet to be stolen right out from under him his first day on the job.

Line is they took the best ships. Not all the ships, so I assume Euron still has ships to chase after his family, while the workers build the Iron Fleet.

Both Yara and Euron promised to build the Iron Fleet implying they didn't currently have enough boats.

Also I see no reason for Yara to go to Dany. Yara scoffed at the idea of wooing the Dragon Queen.

Garo

Jul 30, 2005
Montréal
Also I see no reason for Yara to go to Dany. Yara scoffed at the idea of wooing the Dragon Queen.

She scoffed at Euron doing it... But if she gets Dany to Westeros, she'll benefit from it a lot more than any other alternatives. Especially with Euron wanting to off her.

The Drop

Rain Drop, Drop Top
Jul 12, 2015
Vancouver
Line is they took the best ships. Not all the ships, so I assume Euron still has ships to chase after his family, while the workers build the Iron Fleet.

Both Yara and Euron promised to build the Iron Fleet implying they didn't currently have enough boats.

I think she'll go there. They have no allies

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
She scoffed at Euron doing it... But if she gets Dany to Westeros, she'll benefit from it a lot more than any other alternatives. Especially with Euron wanting to off her.

Doesn't seem she has enough ships. The Iron Fleet isn't built and she only took "The best ships" meaning she left ships behind. She might have 100 ships at best from the shot of the ships sailing away. Not nearly enough to get Dany and her army across.

Would also go against the Iron Born way to make pacts like that.

Apr 28, 2010

The Iron Throne. :nod:

But yeah, Im wondering where they're going. Sansa/Jon need all the help they can get!

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia

It's the only option that seems to work with an armada. I did find it interesting how many captains were loyal to her after all that.

The Drop

Rain Drop, Drop Top
Jul 12, 2015
Vancouver
Punch enough trees and you can have enough wood in a few days as long as you replant saplings.
I'm literally laughing at people questioning the plausibility of building ships quickly in a show with ****in ice zombies, dragons, faceless men and people being nearly cut in half and being resurrected.

But ship building is apparently where the line is drawn.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Sansa really looks like a total idiot in this war scene. That comparison to Cersei is really on point actually.

Also maybe the Manderly's are being set up as the Northern house that proves to be the tipping point. Still neutral and still named as one of the biggest houses in the North.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad