TV: Game of Thrones | Season 6 | Part V (NO BOOK DISCUSSION - NO SPOILERS!)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
I still can't get over "Graagghh!!! BUILD SHIPs AS FAST AS YOU CAN!! We can still make it!!" :laugh:

Euron seems a little cartoonish to me for some reason. He reminds me of that swagger-y fat guy that occasionally appears in Blackadder.

Last edited:

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
LF's new play is to create tension between the Stark children and exploit it.

She planted the seed in Sansa's mind. The army is Jon's army, Jon is only his half-brother.

How much she is willing to admit it or not, but she lied to Jon and sent Brienne so the Tully's will become "her" army.

LF waits. The Starks retake WF, but infighting breaks out and he swoops in and does whatever he wants. He might even stoke the flames even more.

I think if Sansa admits that she has been speaking with LF that will cause even more tension.

I really think Sansa has learned from LF's deceits and is going to adapt from that. If Sansa gets the short end of this match between her and LF I will be surprised.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Bran's powers are insane. Him being able to control and alter the past is crazy, some really crazy theories could work with bran's new powers being discovered. Man it sucks that the conclusion of the show won't be coming till 2018 or 2019, with the books coming a long while after. I want to know so much more, but can't.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
I still can't get over "Graagghh!!! BUILD SHIPs AS FAST AS YOU CAN!! We can still make it!!" :laugh:

Euron seems a little cartoonish to me for some reason. He reminds me of that swagger-y fat guy that occasionally appears in Blackadder.
The iron born are a special kind of stupid. Have they ever won and held lands for a long time. They repeatedly get there ***** kicked and still are so prideful. Euron thinks Dany will marry him just because he brings her a fleet. I'm pretty sure he's have had to heard rumors about her(true or not, people don't like her and think she's a monster). He is going to go with the iron born and demand her to be his wife. She could just kill them all and take the fleet(based on her rep this is a strong possibility). I mean if he has something else up his sleeve(magical item), that could help him take control of one of the dragons it would make sense. But i doubt he will and he's basically going on a suicide quest.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I think if Sansa admits that she has been speaking with LF that will cause even more tension.

I really think Sansa has learned from LF's deceits and is going to adapt from that. If Sansa gets the short end of this match between her and LF I will be surprised.

I just think there is more to it. Brienne was sowing her own doubts too(about Jon's new followers, not Jon himself admittedly).

It is a small crack, but a crack none the less.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Bran's powers are insane. Him being able to control and alter the past is crazy, some really crazy theories could work with bran's new powers being discovered. Man it sucks that the conclusion of the show won't be coming till 2018 or 2019, with the books coming a long while after. I want to know so much more, but can't.

I think it is the stable time loop kind of stuff. Bran could do what he did to Hodor because Hodor existed and needed that to happen.

ArGarBarGar

Sep 8, 2008
I just think there is more to it. Brienne was sowing her own doubts too(about Jon's new followers, not Jon himself admittedly).

It is a small crack, but a crack none the less.

Brienne is too high and mighty for me to take her opinions on morality in this world seriously.

She is like a more naive Ned Stark. This is the same person who when she found Arya was like "HEY I'LL LEAD YOU TO SAFETY WHICH IS BASICALLY ONE EXTRA DUDE AND NO ****ING IDEA WHERE WE COULD THINK TO GO"

Maybe that crack will be more fleshed out later, but right now I am unconvinced.

I think it is the stable time loop kind of stuff. Bran could do what he did to Hodor because Hodor existed and needed that to happen.

Also Bran wasn't intending for that to happen. I see that as a symptom of his inability to control the sight more than his ability to control time.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Brienne is too high and mighty for me to take her opinions on morality in this world seriously.

She is like a more naive Ned Stark. This is the same person who when she found Arya was like "HEY I'LL LEAD YOU TO SAFETY WHICH IS BASICALLY ONE EXTRA DUDE AND NO ****ING IDEA WHERE WE COULD THINK TO GO"

Maybe that crack will be more fleshed out later, but right now I am unconvinced.

Also Bran wasn't intending for that to happen. I see that as a symptom of his inability to control the sight more than his ability to control time.
Yeah, I wouldn't read into Brienne's opinions about characters.

It's actually a recurring in-joke where she has funny naive/surface-level first-impression observations about the characters she comes across. I don't remember exact examples, but she's done that exact thing a couple of times in the series already, I think.

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
It's not clear exactly what caused the seizure, but I think the general idea is Bran is unable to control the sight without the Raven and once he was killed Bran's spirit energy (or something to that effect) went at Wyllis.

I don't think so. Meera tells Bran "You need to warg into Hodor", and inside the dream, Bloodraven then tells Bran, "You must listen to your friend". The implication, imo, is that Bran must consciously decide to warg into Wyllis from within the vision in order to scramble Wyllis's brain so that Hodor can be born. It wasn't an accident-- it was the entire point of the vision. Once Bloodraven died, Bran became keenly aware that he had to **** up Wyllis's mind. I think that's why Bran looked so utterly mortified when he was staring at Wyllis.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

I think that is why Sansa lied to Jon. Because the Tully's is HER army as opposed to the Wildlings which is solely Jon's army. She learned enough about power to understand this, and we know she wasn't always kind to Jon.

Plus the scene where she basically played down Jon during the war meeting clearly bugged Jon, and was kind of harsh on her part.

It might not happen, but I think we are meant to at least be teased by the idea.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I don't think so. Meera tells Bran "You need to warg into Hodor", and inside the dream, Bloodraven then tells Bran, "You must listen to your friend". The implication, imo, is that Bran must consciously decide to warg into Wyllis from within the vision in order to scramble Wyllis's brain so that Hodor can be born. It wasn't an accident-- it was the entire point of the vision. Once Bloodraven died, Bran became keenly aware that he had to **** up Wyllis's mind.

Thing is he already warged into Hodor for a bit. He was the one that got Hodor to pick up the sled and start to run. It only fell apart at the door. Was leaving the tree what caused some sort of feedback loop?

ArGarBarGar

Sep 8, 2008
I need to watch the episode again, because I feel I missed a lot of what people are referencing. :laugh:

Apr 28, 2010

Yeah that was pure comedy.

They must be on beast-mode when it comes to building ships.

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
Thing is he already warged into Hodor for a bit. He was the one that got Hodor to pick up the sled and start to run. It only fell apart at the door. Was leaving the tree what caused some sort of feedback loop?

No, he warged Old Hodor which wasn't necessarily related to his warging Young Hodor. There were two separate instances of warging I think. And I suppose when he warged Young Hodor, they effectively created some sort of blended consciousness of Bran, Hodor, and young Wyllis which is presumably why Wyllis melted down.

Apr 28, 2010
Sansa is an idiot in this war council scene. Davos correctly points out the problem with the Karstarks and Sansa tries to dress him down that they would flip.

Wait, does Sansa even know that Rob beheaded that karstark dude?

But yeah, I get it she's a Stark but I don't like the fact that she's calling the shots.

I feel like she's going to **** this up for everybody.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad