TV: Game of Thrones | Season 6 | Part V (NO BOOK DISCUSSION - NO SPOILERS!)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012
They were never his though. Some captains were loyal to yara from the start and others for Euron.

Plus the whole Iron Price nonsense, and ya. Euron has to take the crown and the ships that go with it.

Also 1000 ships against Yara's 100 or so is to lopsided. Dany's army means nothing on water.

1000 ships? Is Euron going to put 2 people on every ship? Because I would like to know how the smallest and least powerful kingdom in Westeros is going to become more formidable just by building a ******** of ships.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Time travel is now in Game of Thrones.

The white walkers were created by an item that kills them.

The Pyke and Arya storylines are useless and boring.

Pretty crazy episode.

I se the argument for Arya's storyline being boring. But Pyke and the Greyjoys have never been more interesting.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
****ing Bran getting everyone killed, because he keeps taking these vision quests.

I swear, that kid is less likeable as his storyline progresses, lol. Better have one hell of a payoff at the end.

Nice to see he's the reason behind Hodor's condition, too.

So now everyone else is dead, including his direwolf, and he's just got Meera to lug him around everywhere because he's completely dependent, which is super-fair for her

On an unrelated note, I was laughing pretty hard during Euron's....baptism, or whatever that was. There was an uncomfortable silence where I was just waiting for someone to say 'well, ****, that didn't work, we held him under too long". :laugh:

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
I mean I like the part where it alters the past. Major significance.

But holy hell isn't that cheesy and unoriginal.

Everything is cheesy and unoriginal because everything has already been done. Relative to this show, which is all that matters, it was very different and well done.

Chandrashekhar Limit

From the runaway slave to a modern day king.
Apr 2, 2009
Milky Way
The Pyke scene was puke worthy. Agree with most about Arya's story being pointless. Varys scene was good, and Hold the door bit was :( Major episode though, and it was decent. Could have been much better IMO.

I think Sansa is gonna end up playing LF.

Garo

Jul 30, 2005
Montréal
Everything is cheesy and unoriginal because everything has already been done. Relative to this show, which is all that matters, it was very different and well done.

Like I already said, I love a lot about that scene. Summer and Hold the Door not so much, but at this point who cares.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I se the argument for Arya's storyline being boring. But Pyke and the Greyjoys have never been more interesting.

Ya no matter what happens. The Greyjoys are now big players in the overall plot now.

Walkers being created with Dragon glass might be really important. Maybe the Night King is immune to dragon glass as a result?

The Drop

Rain Drop, Drop Top
Jul 12, 2015
Vancouver
This coming from the guy who spends a lot more time complaining about the show than accepting things as they are.
I complain about storylines I don't like. Remind me when I'm said any thing about realism in the storylines I complain about?

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I complain about storylines I don't like. Remind me when I'm said any thing about realism in the storylines I complain about?

It's still gripes about griping from a chronic griper.

The type of griping is irrelevant to how amusing it is seeing you complaining about people having problems with the show.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
1000 ships? Is Euron going to put 2 people on every ship? Because I would like to know how the smallest and least powerful kingdom in Westeros is going to become more formidable just by building a ******** of ships.

1000 ships to woo the Dragon Queen.

The ships get him Dany, Dany gets him an army.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I can appreciate how, for once, Varys was rendered speechless.

Just the look on his face as the priestess told him about the voice that he heard, and him coming to the realization that she couldn't have POSSIBLY known about that voice earlier unless she truly had powers. Stopped his skepticism dead in its' tracks. :laugh:

The Drop

Rain Drop, Drop Top
Jul 12, 2015
Vancouver
It's still gripes about griping from a chronic griper.

The type of griping is irrelevant to how amusing it is seeing you complaining about people having problems with the show.
As opposed to thinking everything is the best thing ever? from a chronic cheerleader?

Any other "predictions" for the season that you've read from the books?

Garo

Jul 30, 2005
Montréal
Varys never denied her powers, he denied her certainty. I think he was speechless because as he already admitted, he is still terrified of magic.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Like I already said, I love a lot about that scene. Summer and Hold the Door not so much, but at this point who cares.
Weird, I have alot of gripes about that scene but Summer and Hold the Door are the only saving graces. :laugh:

Again, I didn't find it cheesy, but I've always felt that "everything is cheesy and unoriginal because everything's been done" is the worst defense ever. Same with "Everything is manipulative." Something isn't cheesy by virtue of it being done a certain number of times. The first time someone did something cheesy, it was still cheesy.

Last edited:

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
Fantastic episode, again. Hodor got me in the feels for sure and there are a lot of ways to interpret how it all happened. Hold that door my friend!

I still can't believe they did that. :( and Summer.
But it was gripping, just after thinking the first half of the episode was a little flat they pull me in like a tractor beam.

Tkachuk4MVP

32 Years of Fail
Apr 15, 2006
San Diego, CA
So Euron's gonna get 1000 ships by having his skeleton crew chop down some trees? :laugh:

Anyway, great ep. Felt like we had good moments and movement in just about every storyline. The Night's King is ****in terrifying.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
I would really like to know what happened during the Hodor scene. Did Bran worg him in the past and in the present? It seemed as though he went through him in the past to get into him in the future, but I'll have to watch again.

Or did the Raven do that to Hodor in the past at that exact time knowing what was happening at that moment in the future?

I need that scene explained or it will dirve me crazy.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
So how are they going to show the rest of the tower of joy scenes assuming they got back to that this season?

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
I imagine those attending the Kingsmoot were the captains and leaders of many more, and not the extent of whom Euron can command to build boats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad