TV: Game of Thrones | Season 6 | Part V (NO BOOK DISCUSSION - NO SPOILERS!)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
Anyone else think it sucks that the last of the children are gone? The beings that were the first, apparently, before the first men and creators of the white walkers. So much history/knowledge lost.

Garo

Jul 30, 2005
Montréal
I don't really understand how Bran could have reacted to it while unconscious-- If they had a scene where he sensed it and reacted, personally I would have found that a little corny.

Was it corny when Grey Wind sensed Robb was in trouble? Or when Ghost realized Jon was alright?

Bran did more than his brothers by sharing consciousness with Summer by accident and on purpose. It's how he discovered his powers. The link between them is supposed to be extremely strong.

Speaking of said link...
it was a wild animal doing something reckless and suicidal in order to protect its master with nobody knowing to stop it.

Summer isn't a wild animal, that's the thing. There's a problem if he's portrayed that way.

But if it was me, I would have preferred Bran to direct Summer in a suicide so maybe I just want the world to burn.

Sharpshooter

Dec 14, 2011
Lots of people are going to be mad lol.

Ugh, sad more than mad. Summer and Hodor in one episode got me in ventricles.

Those mother****ers. They killed another dire wolf

I honestly didn't think another one would go. Now I really worry about Nymeria and Ghost. :(

My god...I'm literally crying.

I got a little verklempt. Not even gonna lie.

How many characters die and we're still stuck with Sansa. She's gonna **** some **** up.

Ugh, now I remember just how much I can't stand 'Stupid Sansa'. Please let her just die of pneumonia already. :facepalm:

Also the Walkers walked right through the Children's fire magic.

Soooooo...we sure that the Dragons fire will work on them?

I don't think fire will do the Walkers in. It'll probably take care of wights though.

You havent seen this wolf in for over an entire season and people are upset over it :laugh:

But, we've seen them from pup(Episode 1) and six years onwards, so there has been an attachment....not only to the wolves, but through our representational attachment to the Starks via their direwolves. It was just as sad when Lady, Shaggydog, and Greywind died.

Bran looking back into the past. His vision didn't end when the Night's King killed the Three Eyed Raven.

I think it'll show that he know has the ability to see into the past in his own.

Oh, good god. People like you try SO hard to find things to hate. It's really grating. That's some of the most powerful and gripping television you're going to see. Plenty of stuff to complain about on this show without resorting to trying this hard.

Exactly. Can't stand try-hard nitpicking.

I really don't understand how some of you get so emotionally invested. Crying about Hodor/Summer this week. Crying about Stark reunion last week.

Honeslty, that seem like your flaw moreso than a fault in others who have the ability to become emotionally attached.

And most likely nothing will top it.

Not a knock on the show. Hardhome was just that good.

Nonsense. There's an end war/battle coming to this story. It should blow Hardhome out of the water.

Still kinda unclear what messed up Hodor.

Was it simply because Bran was warging a dude in a flashback? Warging people in flashbacks is bad???

I think it was the intensity of Bran planting the seed of "Hold the door". I suspect it was so seared into Wyllis, that it was all consuming. It was like the craziest brainwashing ever, and that the affect was overpowering, until it was brought into play, at the very end, when Hodor was finally triggered in Wyllis' mind as "Hold the door".

There's a ****ing crazy theory floating around that Bran is really Brandon the Builder and is responsible for creating House Stark and building the Wall.

Doubt it, when Bran had the help of so many giants, and that it took so long. How would Bran have the time to sit in his ancestors mind so long to build the wall, and not 'get trapped' like the old guy said would happen?

So Hodor is gonna come back as a white walker, yes?

Yeah....I think he is. And that's going to be nuts!

I still can't get over "Graagghh!!! BUILD SHIPs AS FAST AS YOU CAN!! We can still make it!!" :laugh:

Euron seems a little cartoonish to me for some reason. He reminds me of that swagger-y fat guy that occasionally appears in Blackadder.

The problem here is that you didn't misunderstood what he actually said or meant. He didn't say anything about 'making it'. He said "Build me a thousand ships and i'll give you the world".

I think if Sansa admits that she has been speaking with LF that will cause even more tension.

I really think Sansa has learned from LF's deceits and is going to adapt from that. If Sansa gets the short end of this match between her and LF I will be surprised.

I think she'd much like Cersei, in that she think she's smart or a good tactician, who can play 'the game', because she's better men(Tywin/LF) play it, and thinks she can do what they did, incorrectly of course.

I'll stand by my thoughts of Sansa from Season 1. She's stupid. Stupid Sansa is what she is.

Can't stand that character. I hope Ramsay gets hold of her again.

I don't think so. Meera tells Bran "You need to warg into Hodor", and inside the dream, Bloodraven then tells Bran, "You must listen to your friend". The implication, imo, is that Bran must consciously decide to warg into Wyllis from within the vision in order to scramble Wyllis's brain so that Hodor can be born. It wasn't an accident-- it was the entire point of the vision. Once Bloodraven died, Bran became keenly aware that he had to **** up Wyllis's mind. I think that's why Bran looked so utterly mortified when he was staring at Wyllis.

I agree.

Sansa is an idiot in this war council scene. Davos correctly points out the problem with the Karstarks and Sansa tries to dress him down that they would flip.

Again, another reminder of Cersei, for me. Same thing happened with her and Tywin when they had their convo together, and Tywin told her flat out that she wasn't as smart as she thought she was, except that Davos was politer.

Euron Greyjoy, so fit to be King of the Iron Islands that he allowed their fleet to be stolen right out from under him his first day on the job.

He was kinda busy with his coronation. He can't be everywhere.

I think Yara and Theon may head across the Narrow Sea first to try to get to Dany. So when they get back across Dany can help them recapture their assumed kingdom. Or whatever you want to call it.

Same here. I think Yara will steal Dany out from underneath Euron. Girl power!

It's funny how the show seems to be trying to build Sansa up to become smart/cunning like Littlefinger, but intellectually, she's actually reminding me alot of Cersei.

I agree. The similarities in those two, in that sense, is very similar. They both couldn't make a good decision, if it was the only choice to make.

They better hurry or else Euron might build those ships in time and beat them to it.

Again, you miscomprehended or misunderstood what Euron actual said. He said that taking the ships wouldn't save them. The next point, separate to the previous one being to build a thousand ship, not to catch Yara, but to take over the world.

Line is they took the best ships. Not all the ships, so I assume Euron still has ships to chase after his family, while the workers build the Iron Fleet.

Both Yara and Euron promised to build the Iron Fleet implying they didn't currently have enough boats.

Also I see no reason for Yara to go to Dany. Yara scoffed at the idea of wooing the Dragon Queen.

Desperate times, desperate measures. Quid pro quo negotiations would go more easily with Dany, than with Euron, for Yara at this point.

I do wonder if he knew.

I don't think so. I think he was just a tool, which makes his inevitable demise all the sadder, from a watcher's perspective.

Doesn't seem she has enough ships. The Iron Fleet isn't built and she only took "The best ships" meaning she left ships behind. She might have 100 ships at best from the shot of the ships sailing away. Not nearly enough to get Dany and her army across.

Would also go against the Iron Born way to make pacts like that.

Maybe 2 trips? Or maybe her 100 + those from the Masters as well? That should do the trick.

Also, Yara is not Balon. Things are changing rapidly in what II's will and won't do at this moment in time. I wouldn't doubt Yara doing whatever it took to claim the salt throne, and to do something great, as she said in Kingsmoot speech.

1000 ships? Is Euron going to put 2 people on every ship? Because I would like to know how the smallest and least powerful kingdom in Westeros is going to become more formidable just by building a ******** of ships.

There are more than 2000 people on the Iron Islands no?

I imagine those attending the Kingsmoot were the captains and leaders of many more, and not the extent of whom Euron can command to build boats.

Agreed.

This is my year!
Dec 19, 2011
The past
Nothing bugs me more than Littlefinger travel time. Dani got from the temple to the fighting horses, LF got from the Riverlands to The wall... And nobody seen him.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Interesting thing I read at Watchers on the Wall.

Summer had to die because Bran needs to let go of his Stark name to become the new Three Eyed Raven.

Also potentially the obvious "Summer is dead, Winter is coming" stuff.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Was it corny when Grey Wind sensed Robb was in trouble? Or when Ghost realized Jon was alright?

Bran did more than his brothers by sharing consciousness with Summer by accident and on purpose. It's how he discovered his powers. The link between them is supposed to be extremely strong.

Speaking of said link...

Summer isn't a wild animal, that's the thing. There's a problem if he's portrayed that way.

But if it was me, I would have preferred Bran to direct Summer in a suicide so maybe I just want the world to burn.
Aesthetically, a dog sensing his master's presence is an easier sell than a master sensing his dog's presence. :laugh: I mean, it would look ridiculous.

Would a tamed wolf be much smarter at assessing the risk and be any less likely to attack like that, though? By wild i just meant aggressive and primal, which Dire-wolves certainly are.

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012
Interesting thing I read at Watchers on the Wall.

Summer had to die because Bran needs to let go of his Stark name to become the new Three Eyed Raven.

Also potentially the obvious "Summer is dead, Winter is coming" stuff.

They killed off the direwolves for budget reason.

And yeah 6 seasons later, Winter still hasnt come.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
The problem here is that you didn't misunderstood what he actually said or meant. He didn't say anything about 'making it'. He said "Build me a thousand ships and i'll give you the world".

Again, you miscomprehended or misunderstood what Euron actual said. He said that taking the ships wouldn't save them. The next point, separate to the previous one being to build a thousand ship, not to catch Yara, but to take over the world.
O....k.... but the plan that he just gave a moment ago was to meet Danaerys and convince her to become an ally by seducing her with their fleet. Presumably such a hasty escape would be to do just that. So it stands to reason that he wants ships built as quickly as possible to accomplish that goal still.

Are you suggesting that he's abandoning that plan outright and threatening to take over the world with the ships themselves?

Either way, what his real intentions are is unclear, and that scene, at least for a moment, comically presented itself like he was going to build boats to chase them down with. :laugh:

If you want to write that off to misleading presentation rather than real intentions, I'll go along with that.

Sharpshooter

Dec 14, 2011
To be honest I blame my head for the cheese. Like I instantly imagined someone holding a door and me being like "Oh thanks Hodor! Get it?" My problem is that it doesn't matter the context, or the dramatic music and visuals. If I can come up with something so terrible, that thing is ruined for me. And also like I said, I didn't think it was something we needed to know.

Summer sacrificing himself for little reason though was just dumb. Even dumber was that Bran never reacted to it, even if he was inside a dream. Remember all the wolf dreams he had before this season? The show didn't, apparently.

Little reason? He saved his master from the threat of oncoming wights. It was like a police dog taking a bullet for his handler. The self-sacrifice in defence of Bran was the best of reasons. And Bran didn't react because he was still 'under' with Hodor, who was actually Bran pulling the sleigh, he was on. How could he have known what Summer was up to?

Agreed. It is a tight rope walk to do that, but I think they pulled it off.

Summer going down to defend Bran does make sense. That pretty much was a no win situation for almost everyone involved, and Summer couldn't pull the sleigh. It was sad, but he did what a direwolf should. Die trying to protect his master.

Exactly

So we're down to Ghost and Nymeria?

Sadly yes. Who knows if we'll ever see Nymeria. She's the Gendry of that pack.

Unless that wasn't actually Shaggydog

It more than likely was. With Osha's death, it kinda makes sense that it was.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Ohhhh it'll come up! Cant wait to see Sansa's reaction when she finds out where Brienne got the sword.

Battle of Winterfell could get messy. Too many people have trust issues or at least hiding something from each other.

Brienne/Davos/Melisandre
Jon/Sansa
Sansa/Brienne

Something will fall apart.

And it's something I can see Littlefinger bringing it up lol.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
I can't ****ing even with this show right now.
The dire wolves traumatize me enough already then you had us HOLD THE DOOR!!!!

Me tomorrow

13232904_10206594135476498_4165806029098469875_n.jpg

Bran's stupidity aside, This episodes makes my mad king theory a bit stronger. Bran ends up creating the mad king because he keeps hearing bran's voice like a ghost so he ends up losing his mind.

I'm not even sure how they're supposed to even stay alive. Hodor's dead body will hold the wight's for seconds...it's not like she dragged bran away thousands of miles.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Not at all. She flat out refused help from the Vale. She lied because she is playing the game and is trying to protect her interest as a true born Stark.

Which is a mistake IMO because there mnay not be any Starks left unless they get help.

She could've manipulated LF for a bit. Get him to attack Bolton army and the moment Ramsay is defeated she could've betrayed LF.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
I thought for sure they'd somehow try to fit in Jon Stark as his new name for the new season somehow....but so far theres just a bunch of fluff and sansa being a ****.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Which is a mistake IMO because there mnay not be any Starks left unless they get help.

She could've manipulated LF for a bit. Get him to attack Bolton army and the moment Ramsay is defeated she could've betrayed LF.

LF is still manipulating her. He sowed seeds of doubt in her mind about Jon, and she is being Cersei dumb about it all.

She thinks she knows how to play the game now, but she can't.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
The iron born seem a little cray cray to me.

Not surprised to see them turn on Jara and Theon so quickly

They are pirates. You offer them wealth and they'll sell out anyone. Even their own family.

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
Sansa is an idiot. The ironborn are idiots. This is not new information.

The children/white walker lore drop was enough to make the episode pretty significant in my mind. And then Hodor... :( GRRM has been planning that since the 90s, by the way. All hail.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I thought for sure they'd somehow try to fit in Jon Stark as his new name for the new season somehow....but so far theres just a bunch of fluff and sansa being a ****.

I think it will come, but it won't be a sunshine and rainbows moment. Instead it will be a source of conflict between the two half siblings.

Sansa has the name, but the North sees Jon as someone worth following. Sansa will still have the Tullys, but it puts them at odds.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
LF is still manipulating her. He sowed seeds of doubt in her mind about Jon, and she is being Cersei dumb about it all.

She thinks she knows how to play the game now, but she can't.

Yes but all she had to do is getting LF to engage Ramsay in the battle. She can watch from the distance.

I kinda feel she dug half a grave for herself. Lets see if she can regain Vale without LF. For that to happen Robin probably has to die as he seemed more attached to LF than Sansa (remember Sansa slapping him).

Sharpshooter

Dec 14, 2011
O....k.... but the plan that he just gave a moment ago was to meet Danaerys and convince her to become an ally by seducing her with their fleet. Presumably such a hasty escape would be to do just that. So it stands to reason that he wants ships built as quickly as possible to accomplish that goal still.

Are you suggesting that he's abandoning that plan outright and threatening to take over the world with the ships themselves?

Either way, what his real intentions are is unclear, and that scene, at least for a moment, comically presented itself like he was going to build boats to chase them down with. :laugh:

If you want to write that off to delivering the line in a silly way rather than actually meaning it that way, I'll go along with that.

It was his plan, and for all we reasonably know, from the dialogue, it still is. Again, he's not trying to chase down Yara, which is what you erroneously and originally thought, but was to, yes, make a pact with Dany, with a formidable armada in order to 'seduce' Dany into accepting the pact between the two sides. Again, I agree with Balon in that I too think Euron's somewhat insane, or at least delusional with his own ego and self-importance.

And if you had listened more carefully, you wouldn't have seen it as some Blackadder scene. It would have made sense. It's fine though, if you find him funny or silly. I think perhaps his dialogue just went over your head in the moment, which is ok. It happens to us all from time to time. Hopefully it's cleared up for you now and you can move on with a clearer understanding what was said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad