GAME 81: HABS @ WINGS | Crown Jewel | Mon. April 15, 2024, 7PM ET -- SN, RDS, TSN690, 98.5FM

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Will the Habs win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs

I've almost had enough of you kids
Feb 28, 2002
Past two season have been incredible for me personally , I don't have to watch a garbage juice team trying to compete for the playoffs all while having a bottom 5 roster on paper.

I'd rather die than watch another rendition of the Danault and Deharnais 1C habs.

Cheers to next years tank!
It's hard to be this negative all the time, I think I'll be 30% better next season at least.

CAUFIELD

Oct 16, 2015
Lmao Hutson will be fine . Small intelligent players rarely get rocked .. see Wes Welker, desean Jackson, Darren Sproles , or Debrincat , Caufield , Gaudreau .

Those guys are elusive .

People that think small players are easy targets never played elite sports lmao.

Reactions: cphabs

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Lmao Hutson will be fine . Small intelligent players rarely get rocked .. see Wes Welker, desean Jackson, Darren Sproles , or Debrincat , Caufield , Gaudreau .

Those guys are elusive .

People that think small players are easy targets never played elite sports lmao.
Small stars have been small all their lives, they don't get to that point without knowing how to adapt.

Cournoyer12

Mar 17, 2022
Habs playing their next to last game of the season tonight, vs the Detroit Red Wings.

It's been Tuch and go in the last 48 hours but the big news remains Lane Hutson heading for Detroit to meet his teammates and expected to make his NHL debut tonight in the State he was born in and vs his childhood hero Patrick Kane. A throng of family members will be on hand.

Welcome to the Habs' crown jewel NCAA offensive star.

In that spirit, pick one ...

tL4NuX2.gif

16sPb3j.gif

epmlwZb.gif

Looking forward to more of this ...

osfkGQ3.gif

SauWHj6XIy6D.gif

WSaFyiv.gif

And less of this ...

7EQIxUV.gif

Thread wouldn't be complete without at least taking a very brief look back at Saturday's game vs the Sens, a gunslinging affair that looked like no one really wanted to win too badly.

ntITjx9.gif

Hey, there might be more than one way to look at things.

DOsoWWB.jpg

It was the Habs’ 42nd game this season that was decided by one goal.

Despite the loss to the Sens, was sure nice to see Caufield net 2 goals, for a career high 27 — his 7th goal in the last 7 games.

hdqxHHq.gif

LINEUPS TBA

XKOuiml.gif
DONT GET HURT

Reactions: cphabs and Runner77

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal

Those guys are elusive .

Yeah but everybody gets got a few times , lets see how he reacts to getting got

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
It's hard not to be pessimist, I fully expect a win.

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
I just want Slaf to hit 50, Caulfield to get 65+, Suzuki to get to 80 and Hutson to not get killed. Please lose both in regulation.
I think your last 'ask' is the one we should all be praying for. I think Slaf , Caufield , and Suzuki hitting 50, 65+ and 80 respectively will happen either this year or next. But Hutson not getting killed is a much greater concern.

Reactions: Cournoyer12

Prendan Brust

Jul 31, 2003
Québec
First game for Hutson! I really look forward to seeing him on the ice tonight. Of course, it's one game so great or catastrophic, it is one game. On top of that, it is a game against a team fighting for survival. He'll get a good taste of what he signed for!

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015

Those guys are elusive .

It’s how well you bend, not how much you weigh… He needs to play a good stick and keep his head up which sounds like his whole life so far.

Reactions: Paddy17

Canadiens98

Jan 29, 2021
Small stars have been small all their lives, they don't get to that point without knowing how to adapt.
Exactly, for the most part they won't be putting themselves in positions where they're vulnerable.

Sure, it can and at some point probably will happen - But that happens regardless of size. Like you said, they've been the smallest players on the ice their whole life.

Reactions: Paddy17

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
Exactly, for the most part they won't be putting themselves in positions where they're vulnerable.

Sure, it can and at some point probably will happen - But that happens regardless of size. Like you said, they've been the smallest players on the ice their whole life.
Slaf looked like he was going to get stretchered off so many times his 1st season, Dach out after a whole game… I also feel smaller players have a better survival instinct! Desharnais and Gionta went in the corners with defensemen, which are usually larger than the forwards Hutson will have to deal with.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Slaf looked like he was going to get stretchered off so many times his 1st season, Dach out after a whole game… I also feel smaller players have a better survival instinct! Desharnais and Gionta went in the corners with defensemen, which are usually larger than the forwards Hutson will have to deal with.
Its just different for dmen , he will 100% be in a position where he will have to take the body to make a play , a guy in the ozone can get away with this because the puck won't end up in the back of the net in 3 seconds if you don't make the right physical play. Caufield does use his body alot but he can also pick and choose his spots in the ozone , you don't really get that benefit on D

Reactions: Naslundforever
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad