GDT: Game 8: Red Wings at sabres 1:00 pm et 10/26/24

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Yeah loved the no-hesitation pass back to Cat for the shot. Need more creative stuff like that in the slot and less reliance for pucks to go off Andrew Copp’s skate.
He also carried the puck through the neutral zone and established the play in the offensive zone.

Seider our best player by far after 2. Kasper very solid. DeBrincat has to score on that slam dunk chance. Holl either created a great scoring chance for them or they establish the pressure in our zone. Lalonde is doing a bad job when he cant keep holl away from their top line. 4th goal was a bit softish. We had 3 great chances, too bad we didn't score on one of them.

Austrianwing

Apr 29, 2021
Man it is crazy that we choose to play Gustafsson and Petry over maatta and Johansson.
Especially AlJo sitting in favor of the endless attempt to get Gustafsson going. It's not working; sit the guys for a while to get his head together. Let the kid get some experience, especially since he already manages to play a calmer, more sensible game. The extra minute or two for Mo moving from PP 2 to PP 1 isn't going to kill him...

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2004
Like less of a blade curve. Or the forwards might go with something longer. Just something that would make defending a little easier

Some years ago I had wondered about a player switching to a wood stick for a crucial PK. Much less chance of breaking. More fun to literally lay the lumber on someone.

But today's sticks are so far removed from the wood ones it'd be like handing the player a garden rake to play with.

Reactions: Sadekuuro

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
Buffalo is not good and keeps letting us back into the game. We have to capitalize on this.

Especially AlJo sitting in favor of the endless attempt to get Gustafsson going. It's not working; sit the guys for a while to get his head together. Let the kid get some experience, especially since he already manages to play a calmer, more sensible game. The extra minute or two for Mo moving from PP 2 to PP 1 isn't going to kill him...
Thats been the majority of Yzerman's tenure with Detroit. Signing guys and then quickly finding out we have cheaper younger options available.

Reactions: Pizza!Pizza!

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2004
If Petry wasn't getting muscled like a little bitch that wouldn't have went in...

eh, for me that's also on Lyon. That was a wrist shot from pretty far out and he ends up making a toe save?

Also the sad reality is Petry does better physically around the net than half the lineup. I have to think that and being a rightie is what keeps him in the lineup.

ShanahanMan

Jan 31, 2009
Tokyo, Japan
For the most part though, at least this has felt like a real hockey game as opposed to the train wrecks the last few games.

Sad to say but I think Buffalo is a pretty comparable team to ours.

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
Compher has had a rough one today should have just sat out

I feel like Ed relies on his reach too much. I'd like him to use his feet more to stay in position.
Well when you have to play 25 mins a night vs top lines I think you start tiring out and reaching a bit

Chris Langlois

Jan 31, 2022
Compher has had a rough one today should have just sat out

Well when you have to play 25 mins a night vs top lines I think you start tiring out and reaching a bit
I absolutely hate him on a line with Kane. He's too slow. I don't know why stupid lalonde doesn't try Kasper with Kane for a game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad