GDT: #8 | Wild at Flyers | Saturday, October 26, 2024 | 1:00 PM Afternoon Time | NBCSP, 97.5 FM

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
It won't surprise me if Montreal will destroy the Flyers tomorrow...

Btw the first game for awhile where Michkov wasn't the best player for the team.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I said a week ago that Coots looks physically fine to me, just short on confidence and a bit unlucky. That'll do it. Remember: Mad Scientist Tortorella put Couturier at 4LW a few games ago. Weird how rarely he gets the benefit of the doubt. He's been driving play despite the scoring impacts. He's barely played on the PP.

Tippett is injured right now; you're not convincing me otherwise. His skating data is in the trash, and you can visibly see he has no separation gear. For a player that brain dead, there's nothing else to utilize. He's a black hole to play with. Can we put f***ing Brink back in?

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I said a week ago that Coots looks physically fine to me, just short on confidence and a bit unlucky. That'll do it. Remember: Mad Scientist Tortorella put Couturier at 4LW a few games ago. Weird how rarely he gets the benefit of the doubt. He's been driving play despite the scoring impacts. He's barely played on the PP.

Tippett is injured right now; you're not convincing me otherwise. His skating data is in the trash, and you can visibly see he has no separation gear. For a player that brain dead, there's nothing else to utilize. He's a black hole to play with. Can we put f***ing Brink back in?
Yet Torts will get praise for "motivating" Couturier

HeadLiceHatty

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
It won't surprise me if Montreal will destroy the Flyers tomorrow...

Btw the first game for awhile where Michkov wasn't the best player for the team.

Hard to say everyone on that line did their thing, Michkov was a few tips away from having 5 points as well, he was the one starting everything it seemed.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
He's -12 now after 8 games...

Well, those include empty nets, but his 5v5 on-ice shooting % is 0% and his on-ice save % is .836%. 3rd worst PDO in league is a tale as old as time. You can thank those %s for why Gostisbehere was moved years ago.

Now, Frost has been mediocre, but he's not getting destroyed anywhere approaching that level. I think the majority of games he could've realistically had a 5v5 goal. There's a lot of bad juju too. And being attached to a clearly ineffective Tippett isn't helping.

NYCFlyer

Nov 23, 2002
Colorado
Couts didnt forget how to play like a Selke 1C but that was the first game in a long while that he looked like it. Missing two years and multiple back surgeries is really tough to come back from and he kinda did the beginning of last year but his body just couldnt handle the load. Really happy for him today.

Reactions: renberg

NYCFlyer

Nov 23, 2002
Colorado
Well, those include empty nets, but his 5v5 on-ice shooting % is 0% and his on-ice save % is .836%. 3rd worst PDO in league is a tale as old as time. You can thank those %s for why Gostisbehere was moved years ago.

Now, Frost has been mediocre, but he's not getting destroyed anywhere approaching that level. I think the majority of games he could've realistically had a 5v5 goal. There's a lot of bad juju too. And being attached to a clearly ineffective Tippett isn't helping.
I think Frost will be fine. Couts line will now draw the other teams best defenders and putting him with Tippett and Hathaway isnt great but Foerster and Farabee havent played especially well either.

Gregor Samsa

Sep 5, 2020
If all guys are around the same +/- it doesn’t mean much. If there is a big discrepancy between teammates then maybe it says something. Guys who get a lot of ice time on bad teams will usually have bad +/-‘s

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013

Authentics were crowing about Couturier being cooked when he had the best Corsi on the team. They are some very dumb people.

Tarpongg

#fakerebuild #cutterwasright #AlexeiAWOL
May 26, 2012

8yrs/$49.6M

• Wow
Reactions: Magua

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
Couts didnt forget how to play like a Selke 1C but that was the first game in a long while that he looked like it. Missing two years and multiple back surgeries is really tough to come back from and he kinda did the beginning of last year but his body just couldnt handle the load. Really happy for him today.
Not to mentioned, Tortorella throwing him under the bus when he knew Couturier was trying to play through a sports hernia

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Didn’t watch but I read Frost benched.Was he that bad?
Yes. They'll make excuses for him around here, but his one good play was a lucky bounce off a shot that missed the net, whether he was shooting wide on purpose or just missed?

Late getting back on one goal, did little offensively, another MIA game.

The funny thing is Minnesota plays the safe style people complain about, aggressive forecheck, cycle the puck, set up screens and shoot from the point.

Flyers kept trying to make cute plays and missing connections, then kept it simple, aggressive forecheck, crashed the net and good things happened.

Michkov definitely has better chemistry with Couts, you could see that a couple games ago.
Couts is changing his style, going to the net more than I can remember, in the past he seemed to be more finesse. This is better for offense, but will make it harder for him to cover for linemates.

I don't know what they're going to do with the other lines, probably put Tippett back with Frost and maybe Foerster? One of Cates/Laughton has to play center though both are better at LW.

The thing with Deslauriers is he's actually effective if you limit him to 3-4 shifts a period.
Packing a xGF 58.64% this season. Same second half of last season. But that's not really feasible usage.

Risto may have had his best game as a Flyer, and Seeler looks like he's back, amazing sequence on the PK when Sanheim and Ersson lost their sticks on the 5 on 3, blocks the shot, bats it out of the air then sends it down the ice.

Michkov is as advertised, but still learning, one goal against was due to him attacking in the O-zone instead of cycling back leading to a odd man rush as 4 Flyers were caught down low. Forwards have to be aware of the D-men in the O-zone. Fundamentals. Still learning. But Michkov outscores his mistakes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad