Value of: Corson Ceulemans to the St. Louis Blues.

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Sponsor
Jul 13, 2022
Finland
HF boards special….

Only on Here are low 1st round drafted players downgraded early in 21 yr old season.

Historically D+3 is AHL , D+4 is split, D+5 is NHL.
So what kind of special are all the other posts devaluing him to 4th rd or 5th rd pick, then? Reddit special? No, must be Twitter specials... :D

Ceulemans hasn't progressed (according to those who have watched him more). I trust major's assessment on his current level. But I also agree with Xoggz that I wouldn't want to give up on a defenseman so quickly, even if development has seemingly stalled for two years.

At this stage if you make moves, you win some, you lose some, can't know yet. But I'd take a little loss on original value and trade him now, and take my chances with another player. Especially considering we (CBJ) have pretty good blueliners developing right now (Mateychuk, Jiricek), so it's a position of strength and we don't need to hit on all of them.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
HF boards special….

Only on Here are low 1st round drafted players downgraded early in 21 yr old season.

Historically D+3 is AHL , D+4 is split, D+5 is NHL.

There is a huge difference between a guy who is one of the best AHL D and pushing for a callup (like Simon Edvinsson last year) and a guy who is looking like he should be demoted to the ECHL (like Corson Ceulemans last year).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad