GAME 7 - This is why we are fans

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Game 7 winning team

• Boston Bruins

Votes: 123 67.2%
  • Florida Panthers

Votes: 60 32.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TP70BruinsCup

Let’s Go Bruins👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Nov 16, 2019
North of Leafland
On a personal level if the Bruins lose this is a game changer for me. I will no longer get the NHL package going forward, what's the point if you can't even get out of the 1st round after a record setting regular season. It's just not worth the emotional investment, I have seen a ton of Bruin choke jobs in my lifetime, this would be the worst considering the quality of this team. Anyways, here's hoping that they somehow find a way to win a big game for once.

This would be me too. Watched them since the late 70’s. Game has changed and isn’t as fun. I got the NHL package half way through the year but enjoyed listening to it on the radio app more than watching it at times. The NHL product is watered down with refs calling who knows what, getting excited when the Bruins score a goal only to see it was offside by a skate lace and hearing the media talk about nothing but money and contracts. Ok that’s what it is. I get it. But add to that a team that looked primed to go deep that’s become mental mushrooms……once again……that’s a tough one to take……again. We all know next year they won’t be half as good because they need to change things up due to the cap. I’ll watch and cheer Sunday night but I find now when they lose I’m more disappointed vs angry. Just don’t feel it for tomorrow. Hope I’m wrong but I’ve been through this before and believed all day long and then seen them come up flat.

Reactions: SPLBRUIN

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Sunday, April 30 (Warrior Ice Arena, Brighton, MA | TD Garden, Boston, MA)

- Morning skate, 10:30 a.m. (Warrior Ice Arena)

- Head Coach Jim Montgomery and select players available to the media after morning skate

- Game 7 vs Florida Panthers, 6:30 p.m. (TV: NESN, TNT, Sportsnet | RADIO: 98.5 The Sports Hub)

- Head Coach Jim Montgomery and select players available to the media following the game
I think I'll go to morning skate. It is still open to the public right?

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I have to agree, I am 74 years old and have been a Bruins fan all my life. Before Chara, Before Bourque, before Neely, and, yes, even before BOBBY ORR. I started when there were only 6 teams and the Bruins weren't even making the playoffs. I will never jump off the bandwagon, but my paying to watch, staying up for west coast games and getting excited could soon be ovah.
This season might be my best chance to see one more Cup win in my lifetime.

Game 7's are well the final chapter.

I hate when Game 7 is avoidable ( playing at home in Game 5 with a 3-1 Lead )

Sometimes you are overjoyed to win a Game 6 on the road only to lose Game 7 at home like 2012 and 2019.

I have only one request for the hockey gawds - please NO OVERTIME

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Can someone please reassure me Clifton will not play tomorrow..

Yet Forbort had an equally poor game.

Recipe for success is quick transition and skating. Do not allow Florida their offensive zone pressure shifts this way.

No Forbort leaves only Carlo as an off the glass type transition defenseman.

I'd like Clifton and Gryz in game 7.

Reactions: nORRis8

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
Anyone doing anything to change their luck mojo tomorrow?

I'm going to wear my jersey for the first time this series.

Reactions: hrdpuk

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
If you look at the last two games there have been three blatant mistakes the lead to very costly and somewhat back breaking goals:

1) Bertuzzi passing in front of the net to where he though Chuckie was going. Happens, but Bertuzzi’s PO performance overall is a major reason we are even fighting for a G7 win. Obviously he stays.

2) Linus with the OT brain freeze. Happens, but Linus is fighting it in the playoffs. Injury, tired, or just in a funk he’s way off. Rebound control is night and day from RS and he’s scrambling like a combination of Hasak and Timmy Thomas. Not his game. Sit him, let him rest, and hopefully reset for Round 2. Go with Sway without question in my book.

3) Cliffy with that awful giveaway last night. For some reason he was standing motionless in the D zone before he got the puck. And I mean literally. Not HF Boards literally but look it up in the dictionary literally. Both feet firmly planted and absolutely motionless. What that was, I don’t know. But Cliffy (and I do love his hitting and enthusiasm) has to sit. Gryz back in every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Reactions: hrdpuk

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Even if we lose tomorrow it won't be worse than losing game 7 of the Finals at home.
Since we’re going down this path l, I’ll play along.

In terms of gut wrenching losses:

1. 2013 Final Game 6
2. 2012 Round 1 Game 7
3. 2004 Round 1 Game 7
4. 2010 Conference Semi Final Game 7
5. 2009 Conference Semi Final Game 7

For some reason, I’ve pretty much blacked out 2019 Final Game 7.

It felt like they never were in it, and I couldn’t even tell you a single thing from that game other than Marchand crying.

The Blackhawks series still brings my piss to a boil though, and 2012 made me really sad at the time because it felt like the joyride had ended way too soon.

PatriceBergeron

Apr 7, 2014
MA
Swayman has to start tomorrow. Ullmark has lost them games 5 and 6. It’s not fair to the rest of the players, especially the forwards, who have played more than good enough for this series to have been already over in 5. He’s clearly not moving well, and it’s infuriating that the change hasn’t happened sooner.

Reactions: SPLBRUIN and hrdpuk

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
If Forbort-Clifton are a pairing again for game 7. I wll know Montgomery is clueless.

Mind-boggling stuff from an NHL head coach .Smart coach gets Swayman in that net yesterday after 5th goal if nothing else to knock rust off for game 7.I feel like he let team down and they need to bail him out .Taking Grizz away from McAvoy was stupid as well in my opinion which also blew up in his face early and often..
Gryz is a liability will he play better than Clifton played in game six . I sure hope so . What happened on the over time goal in game five was Gryz and Ulmark to understand further you would have to know more than we know as fans.Either way except the Bruins D has concerns

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
This would be me too. Watched them since the late 70’s. Game has changed and isn’t as fun. I got the NHL package half way through the year but enjoyed listening to it on the radio app more than watching it at times. The NHL product is watered down with refs calling who knows what, getting excited when the Bruins score a goal only to see it was offside by a skate lace and hearing the media talk about nothing but money and contracts. Ok that’s what it is. I get it. But add to that a team that looked primed to go deep that’s become mental mushrooms……once again……that’s a tough one to take……again. We all know next year they won’t be half as good because they need to change things up due to the cap. I’ll watch and cheer Sunday night but I find now when they lose I’m more disappointed vs angry. Just don’t feel it for tomorrow. Hope I’m wrong but I’ve been through this before and believed all day long and then seen them come up flat.
The video replays are really making me less and less a fan every year.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
What, me worry?
1682808806716.png

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
This season might be my best chance to see one more Cup win in my lifetime.

Game 7's are well the final chapter.

I hate when Game 7 is avoidable ( playing at home in Game 5 with a 3-1 Lead )

Sometimes you are overjoyed to win a Game 6 on the road only to lose Game 7 at home like 2012 and 2019.

I have only one request for the hockey gawds - please NO OVERTIME
Me too

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad