GAME 7 - This is why we are fans

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Game 7 winning team

• Boston Bruins

Votes: 123 67.2%
  • Florida Panthers

Votes: 60 32.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GahdenRinkRat

Bruins' Den Mother
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2008
By the Dirty Watah
Since we’re going down this path l, I’ll play along.

In terms of gut wrenching losses:

1. 2013 Final Game 6
2. 2012 Round 1 Game 7
3. 2004 Round 1 Game 7
4. 2010 Conference Semi Final Game 7
5. 2009 Conference Semi Final Game 7

For some reason, I’ve pretty much blacked out 2019 Final Game 7.

It felt like they never were in it, and I couldn’t even tell you a single thing from that game other than Marchand crying.

The Blackhawks series still brings my piss to a boil though, and 2012 made me really sad at the time because it felt like the joyride had ended way too soon.
Although historical results have no bearing on tomorrow’s outcome. Going to counter with this 1983 OT win in the division series at the old Garden. I was in the second balcony and to this day remember it as the loudest sports moment ever. It was warm and rainy outside and fans were dancing on top of cars on Causeway under the elevated Green line tracks.
https://fb.watch/kdofIVefQD/?mibextid=tejx2t

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
This season might be my best chance to see one more Cup win in my lifetime.

Game 7's are well the final chapter.

I hate when Game 7 is avoidable ( playing at home in Game 5 with a 3-1 Lead )

Sometimes you are overjoyed to win a Game 6 on the road only to lose Game 7 at home like 2012 and 2019.

I have only one request for the hockey gawds - please NO OVERTIME

gotta say……..thought has been on my mind too.

bb_fan

Feb 27, 2002
boston
Visit site
Coming home up 3-1 nobody would have questioned him starting.

Ullmark's comments after Game 5 bothered me

I have learned over the years that athletes speaking in a second language never show emotion.

Ullnarks movement and 'motion' look worse and worse the more series has gone on

Reactions: BTO

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Since we’re going down this path l, I’ll play along.

In terms of gut wrenching losses:

1. 2013 Final Game 6
2. 2012 Round 1 Game 7
3. 2004 Round 1 Game 7
4. 2010 Conference Semi Final Game 7
5. 2009 Conference Semi Final Game 7

For some reason, I’ve pretty much blacked out 2019 Final Game 7.

It felt like they never were in it, and I couldn’t even tell you a single thing from that game other than Marchand crying.

The Blackhawks series still brings my piss to a boil though, and 2012 made me really sad at the time because it felt like the joyride had ended way too soon.

2019 still the worst.

Everyone focuses on Marchand's line change but his open net where he shoots into the logo of Binnington's diving save instead of anywhere else cost the Bruins dearly.

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
The fact that Monty and Ully are being overly gaslighty and positive tells me Ully is hurt. Play swayman.

trenton1

Bergeron for Hart
Dec 19, 2003
Loge 31 Row 10
So many questions for game 7.
Another one is after giving up so many goals, do they change their game plan to a simple, boring, smothering 90's Jacques Lemaire type defensive effort, or continue their high risk puck possession style that got them here?
Get Clode in as an assistant coach.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Gryz is a liability will he play better than Clifton played in game six . I sure hope so . What happened on the over time goal in game five was Gryz and Ulmark to understand further you would have to know more than we know as fans.Either way except the Bruins D has concerns
Grizz is better then Clifton and he makes McAvoy play better .

Reactions: bme44

Killerbeez

Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Ellsworth, Maine
none
The video replays are really making me less and less a fan every year.
I couldn't agree more. Last night when I heard the announcer on the national feed say that the video/replay staff was becoming one of the most important coaches on the team, I nearly vomited. The coaches challenge is more about finding the most miniscule reasons to overturn a score that happened well after the play than something that helps the integrity of the game. Hockey, like all other games are imperfect. 4K HDTV to make the call is not aligned with the soul of the game.

weaponomega

Feb 9, 2004
Calgary, Alberta
I was sitting in my kids room putting him to bed and thinking to myself why did we depart from what made us so successful throughout the year. I think the biggest reason we were so successful was the goaltending. And the reason why the goaltending was so successful was the tandem.

What if Monty employed more out of the box thinking in his approach and kept the rotation in the series. The value in the tandem was each guy got a mental and physical break between games. Now Ullmark is being asked to do something he hasn't done all season. Starting 2 in a row was a rarity and now he's been asked to start 6 in a row. Maybe it's no surprise he's struggled the few games.

If we keep doing what we did throughout the season we should win. But part of that was the goalie rotation. Hindsight 20/20, but who knows what would have happened.

Reactions: bb74

Ludwig Fell Down

Feb 19, 2005
South Shore, MA
Although historical results have no bearing on tomorrow’s outcome. Going to counter with this 1983 OT win in the division series at the old Garden. I was in the second balcony and to this day remember it as the loudest sports moment ever. It was warm and rainy outside and fans were dancing on top of cars on Causeway under the elevated Green line tracks.

My big sister made her confirmation that night. We raced home from the mass to watch the 3rd period and OT. When Sauve was out of the net and the puck came out to Park we new he was scoring, and went bananas in our living room.

Reactions: GahdenRinkRat

Ludwig Fell Down

Feb 19, 2005
South Shore, MA
This is as good a time as any to pull out an excerpt from Frank Brown's brilliant essay on the Stanley Cup, which I re-read each year at the start of the playoffs:

It is incredible what they put themselves through-the players, the fans, the coaches who would sign any deal with any devil if it guaranteed the last line change, the best match-up, another skate save in overtime of Game 7. And then again, it is not incredible at all. You stand in a rink and you see the faithful wave their towels or their shakers, you hear the choir of their voices in a temple of all that is pure about our game, and you know there is no place else to be.

Reactions: GahdenRinkRat

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad