GDT: Game 65: Vancouver Canucks vs Montreal Canadiens 2/25/20 7:00pm EST SNP, TSN2, TSN 690

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

zx81

Aug 2, 2005
Pretty obvious that this lead won't last.
Way too many giveaways in the D zone

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
Doesnt matter much to me, I just want to see the best offensive players play together for once.

Agreed, Suzuki is ready for the top spot for sure. The reason I asked is with Danault in his proper spot. I'm not sure Drouin would be the winger I'd like to see playing with him. Since that would definitely be our checking line.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Agreed, Suzuki is ready for the top spot for sure. The reason I asked is with Danault in his proper spot. I'm not sure Drouin would be the winger I'd like to see playing with him. Since that would definitely be our checking line.
Its all the same to me. Danault is never going to match up one for one against the top lines, so a bit more goals each side or a bit less each side doesn't change much, in theory.

Plus you gotta play Drouin somewhere...

He doesn't work with Suzuki and Domi because both like to carry the puck a lot, with Danault he could be the one carrying the play.

Reactions: Habs10Habs

zx81

Aug 2, 2005
This was a good start mostly because Vancouver was sleeping. Now that they are working harder this should be an easy win for them.

3-2 Van after 2
5-2 after 60 minutes.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Just got in but saw some replays. Definitely can't give Weber that kind of time & space. Damn! What a shot!

Nice goal by Byron & Domi too.

Reactions: Fixxer

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
Its all the same to me. Danault is never going to match up one for one against the top lines, so a bit more goals each side or a bit less each side doesn't change much, in theory.

Plus you gotta play Drouin somewhere...

He doesn't work with Suzuki and Domi because both like to carry the puck a lot, with Danault he could be the one carrying the play.

Agreed, I don't consider Danault to be a Selke like defensive player like some here do. But by default, he is our best defensive center. That definitely makes sense, unless Drouin decides to sulk and not accept his role.

I would have much rather seen him traded....but oh well.

I agree, which is why I had mentioned to you previously that Danault worked the best with Tatar and Gally. But as you mentioned first and I later agreed. It's time now for Suzuki to be given the shot. I'm 100% on the Suzuki band wagon.

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
This was a good start mostly because Vancouver was sleeping. Now that they are working harder this should be an easy win for them.

3-2 Van after 2
5-2 after 60 minutes.

Yeah it seemed like the time difference messed with them a little bit.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Agreed, I don't consider Danault to be a Selke like defensive player like some here do. But by default, he is our best defensive center. That definitely makes sense, unless Drouin decides to sulk and not accept his role.

I would have much rather seen him traded....but oh well.

I agree, which is why I had mentioned to you previously that Danault worked the best with Tatar and Gally. But as you mentioned first and I later agreed. It's time now for Suzuki to be given the shot. I'm 100% on the Suzuki band wagon.
I think Drouin would benefit from a straight forward player like Danault, but ultimately he'd be better off with someone that can play with him on the right side, Armia might do better than Lekhonen but I dont want Lekhonen in the top 6.

Reactions: Habs10Habs
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad