GDT: Game 65: Vancouver Canucks vs Montreal Canadiens 2/25/20 7:00pm EST SNP, TSN2, TSN 690

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
Drouin, Danault and Lekhonen are kinda redundant and should all be shopped soon. At least Drouin is signed for cheap though.
In my opinion,

Danault is not moving. French Canadian and a great defensive/responsible center.

Lehkonen, we know he ain't scoring. I didn't notice how he plays "without the puck" because that's been his bread and butter...

Drouin .. has played poorly again and if it wasn't rivals, I'd see him in like Ottawa. He has no real value except if someone really wants him for whatever reason. a 50 point guy at this point (at best)... can he do more? maybe..................

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Once Poehling is ready, I'm all for trading Danault. Drouin is cheap, but it's almost a waste of his skills playing him on the 3rd line. I'd rather move him for a D. Of the 3 I'd probably keep Lekhonen, but only as a bottom 6 winger.

Sadly, it's not a matter of when Poehling is ready, but if.

Reactions: Habs10Habs

cajmonkey

Mar 29, 2014
Gallagher just gives the goalie a pass when we are putting a shit ton of pressure on him. Elite IQ play by our best forward.

I think he wanted to either pass it behind the net or across the crease but fanned on it when deciding as he didn't know if Danault was going to stay in back or head to the front.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I think he wanted to either pass it behind the net or across the crease but fanned on it when deciding as he didn't know if Danault was going to stay in back or head to the front.
Gallagher always kills plays like that. He gets a pass because he's Gallagher.

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
Not a fan of waiting for players to push out a player. You need to make a call, if its gonna be KK, its KK, if its gonne be Danault, its Danault, if its gonna be Poehling, its poehling.

Waffling around doesn't work, never worked, never will.

I can see your point, but I'm old school. I hate seeing players rushed into a position. The league is changing though, so it might be time for me to alter my "Boomer" mentality.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
In my opinion,

Danault is not moving. French Canadian and a great defensive/responsible center.

Lehkonen, we know he ain't scoring. I didn't notice how he plays "without the puck" because that's been his bread and butter...

Drouin .. has played poorly again and if it wasn't rivals, I'd see him in like Ottawa. He has no real value except if someone really wants him for whatever reason. a 50 point guy at this point... can he do more? maybe..................
Lekhonen can't score but he has the exact same number of goals as Danault.

Lekhonen and Danault are the exact same kind of players, players that aren't great at anything, but good enough defensively.

Then if Danaults not moving, two of Domi, KK and Poehling need to be moved. They need to make a f***ing call once in their life.

No balls POS management.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I can see your point, but I'm old school. I hate seeing players rushed into a position. The league is changing though, so it might be time for me to alter my "Boomer" mentality.
I can't think of a single player that was "rushed" that didn't pan out.

If a player can handle his role and is allowed to grow by his coach, he'll grow.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Lekhonen can't score but he has the exact same number of goals as Danault.

Lekhonen and Danault are the exact same kind of players, players that aren't great at anything, but good enough defensively.

Then if Danaults not moving, two of Domi, KK and Poehling need to be moved. They need to make a f*cking call once in their life.

No balls POS management.
Ya but Lehkonen is known to have a good shot while everyone knows Danault sucks at scoring goals. Lehkonen's most common linemates this year are Domi who outscored any Hab in like a decade, and Suzuki who has been our best player lately. He's f***ing garbage offensively.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Evans is a smart cookie.

Just before he changed he stayed on the far right preventing the Canucks from throwing it up there and getting an odd man break, then rushed to get off to complete the change with no hiccups.

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
I can't think of a single player that was "rushed" that didn't pan out.

If a player can handle his role and is allowed to grow by his coach, he'll grow.

An argument can be made that KK was rushed. Even though I thought he did well last year. IMO mentally he was ready, but I didn't think he was physically quite ready.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Ya but Lehkonen is known to have a good shot while everyone knows Danault sucks at scoring goals. Lehkonen's most common linemates this year are Domi who outscored any Hab in like a decade, and Suzuki who has been our best player lately. He's f*cking garbage offensively.

Yes we all know Lekhonen is like the offspring of Pol pot and Pinochet for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad