• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Here in Central Connecticut we have one of the oldest restaurants in the country that also happens to be rated top 5 in country for wings. I'm not a huge wing guy, but these are really f***ing good.

Reactions: TheDirtyH

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Great poll! Thanks for reminding me to take them out of freezer! 5pm start is GREAT, will be thawed out and cooked by like say 4pm.
Looking forward to everything at that time, but have to get started painting my L.R. until then.
Gotta go! LGR's!
Kane will crush it today!

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Re the Sabres 10-4 loss to Dallas:

The only player in Dallas not to record a point was Esa Lindell , and he was also a -2.

Bet he feels like a real schmuck.

Yeah. Was gonna say, boneless wings sounds like an oxymoron.
They’re pretty much just chicken nuggets in Buffalo sauce. Still dank tho.

OriginalLimbo

May 27, 2019
Traditional. Extra crispy.
I always get them well done. For me, the worst is slimy or underdone wings.

Boneless is an ok change of pace, but the taste and experience is so different, I don’t consider them wings…because they ain’t. Those are just smaller chicken strips. We get them sometimes, but they we’re mainly for my kids. At 7 and 9, even they are starting to mature to bones.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Our road to a cup starts with puck management. I know Gallant preaches it but it's amazing how bad we are.

We have no plan to get the puck out of the zone and through the neutral zone. How are they suppose to efficiently manage the puck when your only tangible option is a hailmary? There's a major disconnect somewhere. Either in coaching or execution. I'm losing faith that it gets fixed.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Some of you have a really high bar for pizza, I've got a high bar for wings. Too many of them this day are just dripping in oil, the sauce doesn't stick the the actual wing.

For the best wing you need crunch, and sauce. Most these days have neither. Stringy, drippy, overly soft should not be the defining characteristics of a buffalo wing

MyLoveIsBlue

Feb 20, 2015
I like my Wings Dead
Dead Wings.png

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Our road to a cup starts with puck management. I know Gallant preaches it but it's amazing how bad we are.

We have no plan to get the puck out of the zone and through the neutral zone. How are they suppose to efficiently manage the puck when your only tangible option is a hailmary? There's a major disconnect somewhere. Either in coaching or execution. I'm losing faith that it gets fixed.
In order to lose faith, you must have previously had it.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
We better dominate them
Why exactly? Because they got smoked by Dallas? It would seem to me that would make them more focused after being embarrassed at home. This is an example of unrealistic expectations that make the GDT's unreadable at times. The Rangers are still struggling to find their game and the Sabres are pretty good and desperate for a win to stay in the WC race. A late afternoon weekend road game. What could go wrong?

BleedBlueNYR

Jan 25, 2019
New York
Don’t get me wrong I like wings and traditional is way better than boneless but the wing obsession in this country is getting out of control imo. They’re good just not as special as everyone makes them out to be.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
Another opponent that isn't as bad as they seem.
Offense is strong, but they're missing Tuch. From going to a bunch of their games since I still live here, they're missing his skillset quite a bit. Quinn and Peterka aren't the same, both are not really fully NHL ready yet. On a 3 game losing streak (I think), they might play like there is nothing to lose tonight.

That said... I am very nervous about our defense getting cooked tonight because Buffalo has an insane offensive game.

Some of you have a really high bar for pizza, I've got a high bar for wings. Too many of them this day are just dripping in oil, the sauce doesn't stick the the actual wing.

For the best wing you need crunch, and sauce. Most these days have neither. Stringy, drippy, overly soft should not be the defining characteristics of a buffalo wing
I have a high bar for both. Grew up in Brooklyn, and visited Buffalo for family until I moved out here. If you get a soggy wing, it ruins it for sure. Crispy crispy and then some ass kicker sauce is my optimal wing.

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
I haven't had the pleasure so far, to have boneless wings. Germany is rather slow adapting. Which is great for some aspects of society, but heart attack junk food from the US? Only in big cities.

Will def. try but I like the messy part, even if you catch bones sometimes.

We have one good* pizza spot, but it's like at least 11€ a pie ... so they can go f*** themselves, I make my own pizza dough and shit.

* legit close to neapolitan style

Reactions: Leonardo87

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
Offense is strong, but they're missing Tuch. From going to a bunch of their games since I still live here, they're missing his skillset quite a bit. Quinn and Peterka aren't the same, both are not really fully NHL ready yet. On a 3 game losing streak (I think), they might play like there is nothing to lose tonight.

That said... I am very nervous about our defense getting cooked tonight because Buffalo has an insane offensive game.

I have a high bar for both. Grew up in Brooklyn, and visited Buffalo for family until I moved out here. If you get a soggy wing, it ruins it for sure. Crispy crispy and then some ass kicker sauce is my optimal wing.
Hope you are doing well, dude. Haven’t seen you around in a long time.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I really like boneless wings. It's a different experience, though. Like I think of them more as chicken tenders and I wouldn't put chicken tenders in a battle against wings. It's like, I like a chicken bacon ranch pizza from Dominos but Dominos pizza is not the same thing as the local shops where I grew up.

So I'm going with traditional wings as they're the only "real" wings IMO, but there are times where a fat plate of boneless wings is something I really enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad