BRUINS GDT GAME 6 8:46 PM - ESPN showcases likely Calder winner and also Bedard - ESPN, ESPN+, 98.5 WBZ-FM

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
I just don't get the issue with Carlo's hit.

Not his issue that Hall is kinda crouched down reaching behind him for the puck
Agree - this is pathetic

Foligno should wait till 10th year reunion of greatest regular season ever and just tell Carlo it wasn’t necessary

Hall knows Carlo and Figgy knows Carlo. They know he's not a dirty player. The guy leads a prayer circle for crying out loud.
He doesn’t swear

He loves puppies and kittens

Travesty we have come to this

The Mountain and Red Viper would be rolling in their graves if they had one

Aussie Bruin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
I think these lines and D pairs are now pretty close to being the right ones that will settle into becoming the default combos going forwards, of course including Lucic over Brown once he's healthy. Top line is high-end talent and smarts, second is high motor, buzzing around and causing trouble with a good dash of youthful enthusiasm, 3rd is the bigger hard-checking line that looks to dominate possession and play direct north-south hockey attacking the net, 4th does the grunt work, mixing speed and physicality to wear down the opposition.

This is not the most purely talented forward group and I still think they're not going to be a really high scoring outfit. Geekie is not a true top 6 forward, Poitras is naturally going to have the odd poor game or period, Zacha is still maturing as a genuine first line center, and so on. But I think if you get the mix right they have a good chance of being quite effective more often than not, and what they've landed on now looks just about on the money for me. Very interested to see how they fare tonight.

TP70BruinsCup

Let’s Go Bruins👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Nov 16, 2019
North of Leafland
I think these lines and D pairs are now pretty close to being the right ones that will settle into becoming the default combos going forwards, of course including Lucic over Brown once he's healthy. Top line is high-end talent and smarts, second is high motor, buzzing around and causing trouble with a good dash of youthful enthusiasm, 3rd is the bigger hard-checking line that looks to dominate possession and play direct north-south hockey attacking the net, 4th does the grunt work, mixing speed and physicality to wear down the opposition.

This is not the most purely talented forward group and I still think they're not going to be a really high scoring outfit. Geekie is not a true top 6 forward, Poitras is naturally going to have the odd poor game or period, Zacha is still maturing as a genuine first line center, and so on. But I think if you get the mix right they have a good chance of being quite effective more often than not, and what they've landed on now looks just about on the money for me. Very interested to see how they fare tonight.
Good points.

do you think they still sign Heinen?

Reactions: Aussie Bruin

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
CHICAGO DOG

1698184002262.png

Aussie Bruin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Good points.

do you think they still sign Heinen?

I would like to see Heinen signed. I think his versatility as a 13 F who can come in and play a multitude of positions and roles would be very handy and an upgrade on Brown, as long as he's content with that. Given he doesn't seem to have a lot of other options, you'd have to think he would be.

I know the cap situation is very tight so I'm not sure how it would work financially, but if that sticking point can be satisfactorily overcome then I'd like to see him added soon.

TP70BruinsCup

Let’s Go Bruins👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Nov 16, 2019
North of Leafland
I would like to see Heinen signed. I think his versatility as a 13 F who can come in and play a multitude of positions and roles would be very handy and an upgrade on Brown, as long as he's content with that. Given he doesn't seem to have a lot of other options, you'd have to think he would be.

I know the cap situation is very tight so I'm not sure how it would work financially, but if that sticking point can be satisfactorily overcome then I'd like to see him added soon.
I agree. I think as we get into the season more the wear and tear on first year players will show and as he’s been through it before he could be an asset.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA

Heinen over Brown easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad