GDT: GAME 5| COUNTS NUMBER OF THE DAY| FLYERS @ PENS|FRI, APRIL 20th (7:00pm) AT&T

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Sid doesn't have that extra step tonight either. He hasn't played bad per se, but I don't know if I expect any heroics based on what I saw the first two periods.

I expect Brassard or Malkin line to come through if any of our lines do.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
When all is said and done, the mistakes by Kessel and Murray mean nothing if Letang takes his man. That's defense 101 level stuff...

Well it was an easy save for Murray and an easy decision for Phil not to pass.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
If Letang was yelling a thing Kessel... glass houses, man.
1*HaxZCrfe_MId-ZOZ0zIaWw.jpeg

Reactions: ColePens

pensfan71

Jun 9, 2010
Sid doesn't have that extra step tonight either. He hasn't played bad per se, but I don't know if I expect any heroics based on what I saw the first two periods.

I expect Brassard or Malkin line to come through if any of our lines do.

I will call Brass with the game winner. In either the 3rd or OT

Reactions: Pancakes and KIRK

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Up 2-1 and on the pp..instead of putting it away they get too relaxed again.

Good news this wont happen later in playoffs when intensity is up. Pens are doing this to themselves right now. Getting way too relaxed and cute everytime something goes their way.

All evened up now. Come out in the 3rd with some urgency and its ours. Murray has to be on tho.

Brassard has to be out there over Phil.

Reactions: JimmyTwoTimes

Gumbercules

Oct 11, 2007
Those east-west passes entering the zone at the blueline end up in disaster more often than not. Everyone else on your team has momentum going the wrong way. If you are making that pass, you have to be 100% sure its getting through.

Reactions: JimmyTwoTimes

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Kessel's playing like ass tonight. That pass that lead to the shortie is unforgivable, especially when you've got a 1-goal lead with about 2 minutes left in the period.

Letang's also playing dumb hockey. Went chasing behind the net on the first goal for no reason, then didn't tie up his man on the second goal.

Just when the Pens were taking over the game, Letang and Kessel combine to ruin it.

Reactions: KIRK

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Geno, Kessel, and Letang all need to be better.

Letang - two 50/50 plays lost that led to goals.
Geno - I understand you might be in pain, but play simple and get off the ice
Kessel - Dude. Come on. You gave Philly life. They were ready to turn it in.

Keeping a hobbled Geno and THIS Kessel together is a big mistake

cassius

Jul 23, 2004
If we Letang was even remotely a cerebral player, he would have dragged down the Flyers forward and taken a penalty, thus saving a goal

domaug

Play Virtua Fighter, let's go Pens
Sep 28, 2017
up de Eynon
Yeah, those pesky back to back champs. When will they stop ****ing everything up?!?!?!
don't even start with this nonsense. we're looking at what's going on right now. and right now, the Pens made a horrible turnover to allow a tying goal from a desperate Flyers team. you're allowed to say that the Pens screwed up.

Reactions: KIRK
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad