GDT: GAME 5| COUNTS NUMBER OF THE DAY| FLYERS @ PENS|FRI, APRIL 20th (7:00pm) AT&T

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I guess the plus side is we can't sit on a lead all third lol.

Can't help but feel like we missed our chance though. Philly is due a PP or two, and we blew ours.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
Letang and kessel don’t like each other, I don’t think. I’ve seen them yell at each other a ton the last couple years.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
he's been bad for two months, or three or four

He showed some life last game, but for as good as he was in that one, he's 10X worse in this one.

Honestly, Horny returns, and I'm putting Rust with Geno and Hags, Horny with Brass and Sheary, and Phil with Sheahan and Kuhn. Roll 4 lines, then give Phil a few extra shifts with Geno and Sid at points.

I don't know how bad Geno's knee is. @ColePens is right, that he seems to be moving pretty good, but his stride just doesn't seem as authoritative as usual to me, and he's got no leverage. I just don't see how you keep him out there with Phil, not THIS Phil.

PenguinSpeed

Oct 4, 2017
-That was the saddest powerplay I ever watched. The flyers score, and almost scored again on the same powerplay. Kessel looks fatigued, injured, sick, or something else. His shot is off, his passing is off, and his skating is turtle speed slow.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
they pull geno out put simon in, I don't think he will even be palying in the third, they better win tonight to give him some rest

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
This ****ing team.

Had them on the ropes with a chance for the knockout and dumb****ery strikes again.

I seriously don’t get it. This team just finds new ways to f*** up at the worst possible times.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Up 2-1 and on the pp..instead of putting it away they get too relaxed again.

Good news this wont happen later in playoffs when intensity is up. Pens are doing this to themselves right now. Getting way too relaxed and cute everytime something goes their way.

All evened up now. Come out in the 3rd with some urgency and its ours. Murray has to be on tho.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Meh the Pens are outplaying them...

We will win this, but the lack of killer instinct in a close out game bothers me

What worries me is Philly is due some powerplays. And the bounces seem to not be going our way tonight.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Geno, Kessel, and Letang all need to be better.

Letang - two 50/50 plays lost that led to goals.
Geno - I understand you might be in pain, but play simple and get off the ice
Kessel - Dude. Come on. You gave Philly life. They were ready to turn it in.

Reactions: Shady Machine

radapex

Sep 21, 2012
Canada, Eh
It was all their fault Murray included but Phil I have no idea why he would make that pass considering where everyone was.
When all is said and done, the mistakes by Kessel and Murray mean nothing if Letang takes his man. That's defense 101 level stuff...

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Up 2-1 and on the pp..instead of putting it away they get too relaxed again.

Good news this wont happen later in playoffs when intensity is up. Pens are doing this to themselves right now. Getting way too relaxed and cute everytime something goes their way.

All evened up now. Come out in the 3rd with some urgency and its ours. Murray has to be on tho.

I'll worry about later in the playoffs when we actually get there. Philly has enough talent to turn this around if we don't take them seriously.

Brock Boeser

Mar 11, 2013
Pen's pp can't get set up when the flyers press kessel, he loses too many puck battles lol whats going on with him

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
phil really f.... up but still this was not dangerous and letang should just smoked that guy h

This also is true.

Truth is, in the playoffs, the vast majority of goals don't happen because 1 guy makes a mistake. It's more often a situation where a mistake leads to a manageable situation where another guy then makes a mistake.

domaug

Play Virtua Fighter, let's go Pens
Sep 28, 2017
up de Eynon
Kessel and Letang played that so poorly on the Flyers' 2nd goal and it got them right back into the game with momentum. that's something your stars can't do. completely inexcusable and stupid mistakes.

Murray isn't blame-free either.

Reactions: TNT87
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad