GDT: Game 46: Columbus vs. Tampa Bay | 1/13 7PM EST

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
Huge win ... with Carolina losing, this game is very meaningful. If they can carry on some consistency throughout the rest of the year, the playoffs are absolutely within reach.

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
sure felt strange to feel like the Jackets were the team that was about to score to break the tie and win it late. That was a lot of fun to watch on a crappy internet stream; must have been a blast to be there!

These guys are getting there.

HockeyGuy1964

Oct 7, 2013
Who gets the goal....Johnson or Letestu

I'm pretty sure it was deflected by Letestu or Johnson?(whoever else was in front) just going by his reaction. I'm pretty sure it's not going to stay as Wiz's goal although I'm sure he doesn't care as long as it went in.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
I'm pretty sure it was deflected by Letestu or Johnson?(whoever else was in front) just going by his reaction. I'm pretty sure it's not going to stay as Wiz's goal although I'm sure he doesn't care as long as it went in.

Letestu or Anisimov ... definitely not Wisniewki's goal.

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
It definitely looked like Letestu got it, after seeing this last replay.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Great game. Exciting. Proud of the resiliency the guys showed tonight. Gave my tickets to some new neighbors so they could go with their kids tonight. :cry:

Plus side - Bob is in form. Our lines looked good. One of Johnson's best games in my opinion. Love the tenacity from everyone (Mackenzie on the PK, Anisimov laying out to poke the puck out of the zone at the very end, Tropp/Dubinsky/Johnson not taking anything from anyone).

Downside - We didn't capitalize on as many chances as I think we should have or could have. Could easily have been 5-2 but that's the way hockey goes. Sometimes you don't get the bounces and miss open nets or hit a few posts.

Most important thing was they found a way to win. We're one of the youngest teams in the league yet we have resiliency and are able to battle. That's rare in my opinion.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
It definitely looked like Letestu got it, after seeing this last replay.

Good thing they didn't give it to Letestu initially. I saw the replay and slightly wonder if it was hit with a high stick. Not sure it would have been conclusive enough to overturn since I couldn't even tell the point it made contact with his stick.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2011
Good thing they didn't give it to Letestu initially. I saw the replay and slightly wonder if it was hit with a high stick. Not sure it would have been conclusive enough to overturn since I couldn't even tell the point it made contact with his stick.

That thought crossed my mind too.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Anyone else think that Johnson getting snubbed could secretly have been a blessing for the team?

Not to point fingers, but I recall a recent player in Jackets history who would look disinterested and sloppy yet still get All-Star game and Olympics nods. Johnson has looked like a man on a mission since the roster release.

CBJWerenski8

Rest in Peace Johnny
Jun 13, 2009
Anyone else think that Johnson getting snubbed could secretly have been a blessing for the team?

Not to point fingers, but I recall a recent player in Jackets history who would look disinterested and sloppy yet still get All-Star game and Olympics nods. Johnson has looked like a man on a mission since the roster release.

He's looked like the JJ we saw right after we got him. He's been solid for a bit longer than a month now, but as you said since the roster release he's been beast mode JJ.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad