GDT: Game 46: Columbus vs. Tampa Bay | 1/13 7PM EST

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2011
Yes, they did have a "country club" atmosphere under the Great God Hitchcock. Hitch approved the termination of practices on the road so as not to "burn out" Nash for the Olympics. They would just "ride bikes" rather than practice. There is no question that Hitch's time in Columbus was the low point of his career.

Your point may be accurate only in relative terms based on the rest of his career. He still remains the only coach to take the team to the playoffs. I consider that a pretty good accomplishment rather than a low point

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
Steve Mason took them to the playoffs that year. And no, the Olympic year where Hitch cancelled practices was not the year he took us to the playoffs.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Steve Mason took them to the playoffs that year. And no, the Olympic year where Hitch cancelled practices was not the year he took us to the playoffs.

I've enjoyed your postings more in the last year, but I never like this spin on our playoff year. Posts like this minimize the work of the entire team; from front office to the coaches to the forwards and d-men.

We did not make the playoffs solely because of Mason and Hitch did a great job.

To call Hitch's time "country club" is highly inaccurate.

I've been trying to ignore this, but we're going back to button pushing I see.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad