GDT: Game 46: Columbus vs. Tampa Bay | 1/13 7PM EST

Speedy Sanderson

Jan 29, 2012
Glad the game turned out like it did, but I felt like pulling my hair out in third with two glorious scoring opportunities that the Jackets failed to capitalize on - Dubinsky on the breakaway and Calvert with the wide open net that he shot way high (unless it got tipped which I do't think it did). Props to Cam lat night who blocked a couple shots and drew a penalty in the second on a breakaway where he almost scored.

A very loud Bolts fan in the section next to me who had a lot to drink and was really giving it to the Jacket fans surrounding him - until the last goal when he got kind of quiet.

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC
A very loud Bolts fan in the section next to me who had a lot to drink and was really giving it to the Jacket fans surrounding him - until the last goal when he got kind of quiet.

I think I might know who you mean, Sec 116 or 117? I thought, from a distance, that it was mostly good humored, at least from the way most around him responded. He did sit down and shut up after the last goal!

Speedy Sanderson

Jan 29, 2012
I think I might know who you mean, Sec 116 or 117? I thought, from a distance, that it was mostly good humored, at least from the way most around him responded. He did sit down and shut up after the last goal!

Yup, he was in 117. It was mostly good humored, but a little annonying nonetheless. Kind of surprising to see hard-core Bolts fans in Cbus on a Monday night. I'll be curious to see how many Buffalo fans make it down here a week from Saturday with their team in rebuild mode this year - now they're a fun (hard-drinking) group.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
When Calvert gets back up to speed, I think the Cam, Matt and Dubie may be the most fun line to watch in franchise history. The sheer speed and havoc they create is worth the price of admission.

ClevelandJacketFan

Awesome Mascots!
Nov 1, 2007
...Really?
When Calvert gets back up to speed, I think the Cam, Matt and Dubie may be the most fun line to watch in franchise history. The sheer speed and havoc they create is worth the price of admission.

While it absolutely will be the most fun, it also may be the best forechecking line we've ever had.

And the wingers aren't even in their prime yet.

bizzz*

I can't help but think that Jarmo has something up his sleeve regarding an acquisition. It will be a "fine-tuning" move to bring in a veteran that won't cost anything.

Prospal is still unsigned.

HockeyGuy1964

Oct 7, 2013
Didn't show it on TV. On last TB PP, Letstu strips Hedman and gets breakaway with Dubi for that SH chance. Hedman acts like he's going to somehow get around Letstu and to Dubi...falls down and slides into boards behind net. Whines to ref for an interference call.:laugh:

I thought if anything Letestu could've been awarded a penalty shot. He was leaking oil at the end of a long shift though but he did get grabbed from behind by Hedman & it's immaterial that Dubi ended up getting a great chance.

edit: After looking at the replay again I admit it should not have been a penalty shot. Hedman had nothing to complain about either.

He brings that Kevin Dineen/Tyler Wright type player I've been longing for since those two retired. Seemed like too many years of golf club attitude and no one caring enough. The penalties are going to happen, but he's a player that other teams hate to play against (and not in a Jordin Tootoo way).

I just started following the CBJ's closely a few years ago so excuse my ignorance but are you saying that they had a "country club" atmosphere when Ken Hitchcock was coaching? I find that, not just hard but, impossible to believe.

Last edited:

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
Yes, they did have a "country club" atmosphere under the Great God Hitchcock. Hitch approved the termination of practices on the road so as not to "burn out" Nash for the Olympics. They would just "ride bikes" rather than practice. There is no question that Hitch's time in Columbus was the low point of his career.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Prospal is still unsigned.

032.gif

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Here's a link to a great breakdown by Jason Bourne of the Jackets "perfect shift" that led to the first goal:

http://blogs.thescore.com/nhl/2014/...ackets-put-together-the-perfect-o-zone-shift/

I love how it captures so much of what we know about the team in one shift. Umberger has a poor touch but makes a good forechecker and a good screen; Foligno quick to pressure everywhere; Johansen perfect position defensively and a great shot; Wiz with the punch and Murray with the passing.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Funny how I haven't seen his name mentioned for quite some time until now.

Maybe they can win without him on the roster. :sarcasm:

I mentioned him a month or so ago as well as Aucoin. Of course we can win without him, but I still think it left a void that wasn't accounted for.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad