GDT: Game #41: Another chance to get on run

emptyNedder

Not seeking rents
Sponsor
Jan 17, 2018
We're doing things differently, and in many ways it came really suddenly. I don't know how they made the change, but they really seem like they may have flipped a switch and remembered how to play hockey again. Maybe it lasts, maybe it doesn't, but I don't think this is just same old same old finally working. I think they've finally started to figure out how to make their chances better.
I think two of the reasons are:
1) Reuniting Slavin and Pesce. That has allowed both of them to be more aggressive in the offensive zone because they trust their partner. Playing on the third pairing Hamilton's defensive miscues aren't as costly. Hamilton also gets to be more aggressive knowing TVR will seldom "jump" as well.
2) The "flipped switch" is having one aggressive forechecker on three different lines. McGinn has actually been good with Aho/TT. Martinook allows Williams to be second in on the forecheck. Even though he is slowing down, Williams is still better than most at reading plays and getting the puck in tight spaces. Foegele has been playing more like the first week whether with Bishop or McKegg. With the three aggressive forechecking lines Svechnikov/Rask/Ferland are allowed to focus on the O-zone.

SvechneJerk

Christ is King
Jul 15, 2018
NC
ah, missed the "more than". Haven't had my second cup of coffee today.

giphy.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad