Post-Game Talk: This is the end

Was this season a success?

• Total voters

Arty Spooners Bsmnt

Apr 22, 2023
Not to be negative here, but how do guys like bennet who get 100 penalty minutes in the regular season get 12 penalty minutes over the course of the playoffs. The entire playoffs, and especially game 7 is just a joke watching this clown get away with stuff over and over.
Did I not see Ekblad holding McDavids leg in the air against the boards in the third period? I'll have to look again but it was bizarre. If you aren't getting a holding call there what call will you get?

Arty Spooners Bsmnt

Apr 22, 2023
I said I was going to bed but this stuff is just reaction stuff.

Booch made multiple spectacular plays at the point leaving Panthers in the dust and on one getting off a laser that hit the post. That was before Florida took lead. Imagine if that was the game and SC winning goal and would you be writing any of this?

It was a 2-1 loss in a game we were the better team, after being the much better team the previous 3 games.

Calling out leadership? c'mon.

So many people saying "we love this team" before game 7 and just as likely to say otherwise when we lose a narrow hard fought game in game 7. Team was good enough to get here. Inches away from getting it done, hockey is like that as we know.
If you didn't know the score and read some of these posts you would have thought the score was 10-1.

Shanahanigans

Jun 16, 2011
Still gutted, and it doesn't help that all of social media is filled with Panthers players having so much fun with the cup. Everyone battled, but the fact that we got this close is a testament to the high end of this group, and especially to Mcdavid's skill/will.

I always judge this team by how well they do with 97 off the ice, and this year they held a 36% GF, which is the lowest since Tippett's last year, and lower than every year Chia was GM. We got great PKing from Janmark and Brown, timely goals from Henrique- but the depth being outscored by the opposition to a tune of 64%!!! was them giving back everything Mcdavid did and then some. Lack of depth and especially lack of a viable 2nd pair was ultimately the reason that despite 3 players- Mcdavid, Bouchard, Hyman- setting NHL playoff records - we did not win the cup. Whoever the new GM is has a lot of work to do to improve the depth and the blueline.

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
Heh, just got a troll like from a Cucks fan on the mains from a post I made on May 4th

Some poster that said that McDavid might as well not be playing if he’s not putting up points, compared to Sid who “does it all”

Weird obsession a lot of that fanbase has with this team. I guess 50+ years of absolute zilch gets to people. Panthers yet another team with a cup before the NoCupNucks

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
Still gutted, and it doesn't help that all of social media is filled with Panthers players having so much fun with the cup. Everyone battled, but the fact that we got this close is a testament to the high end of this group, and especially to Mcdavid's skill/will.

I always judge this team by how well they do with 97 off the ice, and this year they held a 36% GF, which is the lowest since Tippett's last year, and lower than every year Chia was GM. We got great PKing from Janmark and Brown, timely goals from Henrique- but the depth being outscored by the opposition to a tune of 64%!!! was them giving back everything Mcdavid did and then some. Lack of depth and especially lack of a viable 2nd pair was ultimately the reason that despite 3 players- Mcdavid, Bouchard, Hyman- setting NHL playoff records - we did not win the cup. Whoever the new GM is has a lot of work to do to improve the depth and the blueline.

Just curious, is the 34% goals for with 97 off the ice during the playoffs or regular season or both? Just wondering if the goals for % was higher in the playoffs, it felt like it

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Heh, just got a troll like from a Cucks fan on the mains from a post I made on May 4th

Some poster that said that McDavid might as well not be playing if he’s not putting up points, compared to Sid who “does it all”

Weird obsession a lot of that fanbase has with this team. I guess 50+ years of absolute zilch gets to people. Panthers yet another team with a cup before the NoCupNucks
Lol. Those toxic nucks fans hold
grudges forever. Like they can’t let shit go from 1997. They are still obssessed in hating Messier. Oh well, atleast they have a new thing to be obssesed about now, the 2024 Edmonton Oilers.

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
Lol. Those toxic nucks fans hold
grudges forever. Like they can’t let shit go from 1997. They are still obssessed in hating Messier. Oh well, atleast they have a new thing to be obssesed about now, the 2024 Edmonton Oilers.

Yeah, what’s the chirp from them anyhow? Your team didn’t win the Cup? Okay. Your team never has, and the Oilers got closer to it (one goal game vs 4 goal shut out) this year than the Canucks did 13 years ago. Not sure where the high ground is from their position?

Only fanbase that has bragging rights is the one from the team that actually beat the Oilers, you’d think.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Yeah, what’s the chirp from them anyhow? Your team didn’t win the Cup? Okay. Your team never has, and the Oilers got closer to it (one goal game vs 4 goal shut out) this year than the Canucks did 13 years ago. Not sure where the high ground is from their position?

Only fanbase that has bragging rights is the one from the team that actually beat the Oilers, you’d think.
They have no high ground. They are a franchise with no history. No banners that matter. Nucks fans just need outlets, when they can’t burn cars they need to go buck on the Internet with stupidity and toxicity.

Lol yeh you’d think. Neither the flames or nucks rally have any valid trolls, their teams blow and would get stomped by the Oilers. Deep down they know this too.

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
They have no high ground. They are a franchise with no history. No banners that matter. Nucks fans just need outlets, when they can’t burn cars they need to go buck on the Internet with stupidity and toxicity.

Lol yeh you’d think. Neither the flames or nucks rally have any valid trolls, their teams blow and would get stomped by the Oilers. Deep down they know this too.

Speaking of riots, saw a lot of neutral fans calling for some in Edmonton but there wasn’t any and actually next to no crime. Props to EPS and also the fanbase for being mature (unlike a particular one in question) about the loss

Flames fans trolls are funny. They only really have any confidence because their team won a Cup the one time they didn’t have the face the Gretzky Oilers. Way too cocky all things considered

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
I actually did some things to get my mind off of hockey (although I listened to a bunch of pods while doing them - 32Thoughts, GYB, Marek, Reid’s postgame), I changed reverse osmosis filters, changed oil in my side by side UTV, walked 17kms, then went fishing for a few hours.
Lazy bugger. ;) And here I thought I was doing pretty good today cause I eventually managed to get out of bed.

Reactions: brentashton

alanschu

Aug 12, 2005
Edmonton, Alberta
Oh I don’t know, I mean tkachuk mentioned them. I mean can you believe how that must have felt for them, a former player of theirs who won the Stanley cup did it all for them. It’s like they won it themselves, what a day for them.
1719383832487.png

McHelpus

Jan 16, 2021
Oh I don’t know, I mean tkachuk mentioned them. I mean can you believe how that must have felt for them, a former player of theirs who won the Stanley cup did it all for them. It’s like they won it themselves, what a day for them.
Tkachuk is a rat that left in the shadows when Gaudreau leaving got all the attention. If that's who they want to support, then they can enjoy the black death era that he has caused for that franchise.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
Tkachuk is a rat that left in the shadows when Gaudreau leaving got all the attention. If that's who they want to support, then they can enjoy the black death era that he has caused for that franchise.

Yup. Johnny Walker left them high and dry, but Ratboy forced a trade and they got the poison pill return of Huberdeau and the subsequent contract (Weegar is fine but not enough). Then the exodus began, Lindholm, Hanafin, Zadorov, Tanev and Markstrom.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad