GDT: Game #41: Another chance to get on run

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
So I listened to most of that on Sirius/XM on my drive home from drill. they had the Ottowa announcers on.

They were two of the biggest dicks I've ever heard on sports radio. They seem to have a penchant for making fun of guys names. When Dougie scored, one of them went on a tirade about "how does a grown man call himself dougie? What is he like 8?!" and similar for several minutes. Then they started in on Wallmark, calling him "Walmart, the highest grossing thing down in those parts" or words to that effect.

I mean I'm all for being a dick if soembody deserves it, like Tom Wilson or something, but damn.

I guess we have the only announcers that treat opposing teams with respect.

Wolfpuck

Chefnikov
Jun 25, 2006
The 919
They were two of the biggest dicks I've ever heard on sports radio. They seem to have a penchant for making fun of guys names. When Dougie scored, one of them went on a tirade about "how does a grown man call himself dougie? What is he like 8?!" and similar for several minutes. Then they started in on Wallmark, calling him "Walmart, the highest grossing thing down in those parts" or words to that effect.
Somebody should tell those losers about SAS.

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
5 goals in one game, which means we'll average 1.27 GPG for the next 5.

Murderers row. Barzal, Stamkos/Kucherov/Point/Johnson/Gourde, Skinner, Johansen/Forsberg hat tricks incoming

I'm more worried about Halak, Vasilevskiy, Hutton and Rinne, since the four guys we just beat are Carter Hart, Michael Neuvirth, Marcus Hogberg and Bobrovsky. I'm just gonna go on record as saying we're not getting 17 goals in four games against NYI, TB, BUF and NSH. We still need our goalie to be better than theirs to win, it's just that it's about to get a lot harder.

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
Yeah but they tend to allow the opposition to hang around long enough to make things interesting. They need to learn to clamp down and take control from the start, especially when they are playing a bad team such as Ottawa.

We *are* a bad team. OK, maybe not "bad." We are an *average* team. We're not going to "clamp down and take control from the start" in games. If that's what you want your team to do, I suggest you find a new team.

I don't know how much of it is forward talent and how much the system that the canes can't maintain a solid lead. Mix of both.

This is an overreaction, too, IMO. We didn't hold a lead tonight because our goalie forgot there were 20 minutes in the second period and only played 19.

Finlandia WOAT

No blocks, No slappers
May 23, 2010
We *are* a bad team. OK, maybe not "bad." We are an *average* team. We're not going to "clamp down and take control from the start" in games.

Things is, with the defense they have clamping down on a 2-3 goal lead should be what they're good at. Bipolar scoring is a function of a bad forward corp basically trying to game shooting percentage, but when you have to play a legit top 4 guy on the 3rd pairing purely out of depth you'd think they could hold a lead comfortably.

This is an overreaction, too, IMO. We didn't hold a lead tonight because our goalie forgot there were 20 minutes in the second period and only played 19.

While you're right about the 2 soft goals, I'm not reacting to only today, I'm reacting to the fact that through a 41 game sample size the team has yet to take a lead fairly early on and then skate out the clock without allowing the other team back into the game.

On the one hand, the forward talent is so thin they simply can not compete unless they're fully engaged (if not balls to the wall). On the other hand, telling guys to fling the puck out and live another day, while great in the final ~10 minutes of a game (and indeed, the Hurricanes allowed nothing against Cbus and Ottawa once they hit that mark and could suddenly just run out the clock), is disastrous if it's 12 to go in the 2nd.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
That’s a cool one from Williams

That's something I've seen a lot of in tweets from Sarah, Michael Smith, etc. The players aren't down on each other or the team. Obviously, the season hasn't gone as hoped, but they're not letting it get to them. They're partying after wins, accepting and moving on from mistakes after losses, etc.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad