Post-Game Talk: GAME 4 - Last Bruins team to start 4-0-0 was in 1990-91

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bridges31

Sweep the leg!
Oct 7, 2007
NH
I know plus/minus isn’t the best stat but only Brown Lauko and Lucic are minus players right now. Lauko being a -4. Wondering if that’s just a result of bad luck or does the 4th line needs some adjustment. I know Lucic didn’t really play on line 4 last game.

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
So much affirming management's offseason strategy in this win....

Keep both Swayman and Ullmark. Maintain the best goaltending in the league and you have a chance to win every single game. Lesser goaltending and we are 2-2 or 1-3. Edmonton is a perfect example of the critical importance of goaltending - if they had Swayman and Ullmark they would be unbeatable.

Keep and play Forbort. He has been strong to start the season, especially last night. Worth every penny of his contract and cap hit. Makes all the sense in the world to keep together as much of a defense from a record breaking team as possible. The players and coaches know Forbort plays and important and unsung role.

Get bigger and stronger up front. We are finally seeing that strategy put into action and it is paying off. These big middle/bottom of the lineup players, like JVR, Lucic, Frederic, Geekie and Beecher are winning all sorts of puck battles on the boards and wearing down opponents. I actually really like Geekie's game. He looks like a poor man's Jason Allison, a guy who just glides through checks and into tough areas and has soft hands.

Decision to keep Poitras also paying off. He has been critical to at least two wins. Played better than his stats show. Just keep him away from Marchand and with some big bodies on the wing that play North/South.

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
I know plus/minus isn’t the best stat but only Brown Lauko and Lucic are minus players right now. Lauko being a -4. Wondering if that’s just a result of bad luck or does the 4th line needs some adjustment. I know Lucic didn’t really play on line 4 last game.
I still don't understand Brown, He's slow as shit, hits like Carlo, and shoots like a goalie.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

Keep both Swayman and Ullmark. Maintain the best goaltending in the league and you have a chance to win every single game. Lesser goaltending and we are 2-2 or 1-3. Edmonton is a perfect example of the critical importance of goaltending - if they had Swayman and Ullmark they would be unbeatable.

Keep and play Forbort. He has been strong to start the season, especially last night. Worth every penny of his contract and cap hit. Makes all the sense in the world to keep together as much of a defense from a record breaking team as possible. The players and coaches know Forbort plays and important and unsung role.

Get bigger and stronger up front. We are finally seeing that strategy put into action and it is paying off. These big middle/bottom of the lineup players, like JVR, Lucic, Frederic, Geekie and Beecher are winning all sorts of puck battles on the boards and wearing down opponents. I actually really like Geekie's game. He looks like a poor man's Jason Allison, a guy who just glides through checks and into tough areas and has soft hands.

Decision to keep Poitras also paying off. He has been critical to at least two wins. Played better than his stats show. Just keep him away from Marchand and with some big bodies on the wing that play North/South.
This is such a great post.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019

Agree with a lot here but the only big guy it looks like he can play with on his line is Geekie if #74 is on his line. Only other alternative is 21-51-39 and it looks like
Montgomery is rolling 21-13-11.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019

Beecher was the culprit on the first goal with poor puck management and even
less than ideal neutral zone positioning.

Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

The Hockey Tonk Man

May 3, 2007
Toronto
I think it’s bad luck
A lot of the goals on Lauko’s -4 were nowhere near on him.

I know it was his first game but Mitchell looked brutal out there.
Standing still with the puck twice for like 30seconds getting booed by the crowd

So many unforced icing’s in a row.

Looks slow

Bad coverage everywhere

Zboril never looked that bad even in his worst outings

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut

Actually, Beecher and Shattenkirk are also minus players.

I still don't understand Brown, He's slow as shit, hits like Carlo, and shoots like a goalie.

Gee, I thought he looked solid last night.

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
I think it’s bad luck
A lot of the goals on Lauko’s -4 were nowhere near on him.

I know it was his first game but Mitchell looked brutal out there.
Standing still with the puck twice for like 30seconds getting booed by the crowd

So many unforced icing’s in a row.

Looks slow

Bad coverage everywhere

Zboril never looked that bad even in his worst outings
I would not go that far....Mitchell iced the puck because he is dead slow in everything. Zboril moves but can't cut the mustard. It's quick death ,Zboril vs slow death by icings.

• Wow
Reactions: Gordoff

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Can’t depend on Pastrnak and Marchand to carry the team offensively for 82 games. This team will need some scoring from the middle 6. Also, their centers will need to get on scoresheet. It’s only been 4 games but their top 3 centers have a combined 0 goals 4 assists. Zacha has looked good but no puck luck YET.

Reactions: bbfan419

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Bruis are 4-0, but is it more accrate to say the Bruins goaltenders are 4-0?

Still too many penalties, too many icings, too many breakaways and odd man rushes against.
Have to agree with this. Team was sharper last night than past games, but despite that the win was mainly due to Swayman. Bs could have easily been down a couple goals in the first half of the first period. He made some stellar saves throughout the entire game. The game would have taken on a different complexion had the Bs gotten behind early. Can't understate how important Swayman was in the win. Should have been second star behind Kopitar's participation star for playing a lot of games.

TobanWest

Jan 28, 2020
Pretty much this. Last night there was too much of this for my liking though #88\63
came up big when needed.
Agree as well... Great effort all around except icings and penalties. Love the fact that they are bigger and not getting pushed around. Keep Marchand on the top line and actually have solid 1, then a beefy Coyle line on 3 and the 4th has been great. The 2nd line is the concern but Poitras has been pretty damn good for a 100 pound teenager. If he continues to play this way and Debrusk gets going and finds chemistry with him it could be pretty solid. Defence and goaltending is legit but still love me some Lohrei on this team. More offence and more size!
4-0 so far after losing 10 players and inserting rookies is impressive no matter I
How you look at it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad