Post-Game Talk: GAME 4 - Last Bruins team to start 4-0-0 was in 1990-91

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Granted they have been given an easy schedule but they haven't stumbled out of the gate. Bank these points now as they will need them later.

We should have a pretty good idea where this team is at by Black Friday

1697956198898.png

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
That was a prototypical Bruins win. Shutdown D, great goaltending, excellent specialty teams (especially PK), some solid hits and good scraps. A very entertaining night was had by all.

Swayman was superb, especially int he first and that 5 on 3 PK was perfect. That goes wrong and the whole game might have shifted. Excellent game from the captain as well.

If I'm Montgomery and I'm putting Jake back in tomorrow I'm resting Lucic. Brown was more than adequate and Lucic looked a little gassed trying to keep up with Pasta. Give him a night off and then back in at home.

I'm really enjoying this year's so called transition team. Even JVR who I was sure I'd hate.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Alexandria, KY
Great win. No injuries. Freddy with a big fight and win. Potsy may not be on the scoresheet he deserved an assist. Got his first stitches. Welcome to the NHL officially my boy! Sway is the way and he had a day. Smooth. Solid. Only deflections beat him. Brad and his new hips don't lie. Pasta is Pasta. Forbby doing it for Darla. Lauko is insane and I love it. Geekie is solid. Great win. No injuries. We're at it again tomorrow so no rest for the weary!

Say your penance JDB, and get back at it tomorrow.

All in all, great road win.

You already know the drill!
View attachment 756172

Cue the music!

Faackin riiight!

Reactions: Mione134

DaBroons

Aug 2, 2005
That was a prototypical Bruins win. Shutdown D, great goaltending, excellent specialty teams (especially PK), some solid hits and good scraps. A very entertaining night was had by all.

Swayman was superb, especially int he first and that 5 on 3 PK was perfect. That goes wrong and the whole game might have shifted. Excellent game from the captain as well.

If I'm Montgomery and I'm putting Jake back in tomorrow I'm resting Lucic. Brown was more than adequate and Lucic looked a little gassed trying to keep up with Pasta. Give him a night off and then back in at home.

I'm really enjoying this year's so called transition team. Even JVR who I was sure I'd hate.
We have been in Germany for the last week. Haven't seen the west coast games.

What idiot named Kopitar the first star, with 0 goals, 0 assists, and minus 3!!!

Friday night I saw the "other" black and gold, die schwartzgelben, BVB 09, beat Bremen, 1-0. What an insane atmosphere. They yellow wall went beserk when the team came out for warmups!!! This afternoon, FC Koln vs Gladbach.

The DEL doesn't start until later this week, so I haven't been to any of their games. Flying home tomorrow.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Poitras was the main ingredient for two goals tonight and has nothing to show for it.
He's going to have something to show for it (besides stitches), he's going to have a full season of playing for the Bruins in the NHL. Kid is something else. I can't remember a kid like this who simply gets it. I can't remember Bergy being THIS good so fast, and I believe that he pretty much started on the wing. Not sure if DK stayed here or played in the A when he was this age? Poitras is going to burn a off of his ELC!

mxcrossb

Mar 29, 2023
Osaka
The Kings looked good and played with speed. They definitely should’ve scored at least one more. But we were really dangerous during our good stretches. I appreciate that Zacha and Poitras are both really standing out on the ice making great plays, it gives me confidence in this team’s ceiling.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
This sounds like a good game to watch on replay. Again, nice to wake up to a win! Thanks for all the insight, as always.

Every point banked now is gold, easy schedule or not, it is encouraging to see such a good start to the season. I couldn't care less where they end up in the standings as long as they are IN the playoffs. Lessons have been learned, just get in, don't worry about match-ups, be the underdog, much better than floating in on false security.

Aussie Bruin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
The Bruins weather their bad stretches better than any other team in hockey. There was a portion of the 2nd period where they were right back on their heels, couldn't generate much of anything while the Kings were pressing and building solid O zone time, including a PP. But LA got nothing, and as soon as the Bruins finally turned things around and got some offense in, they scored two quick goals and effectively killed off the game.

They do that sort of thing consistently. Solid, positionally sound D, elite goaltending, and a best-in-show PK get the job done and keep the team alive and in the hunt even when the offense is patchy or outright misfiring.

Great to see the team step up here and grind out a win against a good Kings team that came to play. Marchand is starting to heat up and that bodes very well. Zacha too. Lots of pieces to still to fall in their proper places amongst the forwards, but little steps.

Oh and kudos to Cam Talbot for the great Ron Burgundy artwork on his mask. Very classy!

Forester65

Jan 31, 2019
how the f*** was Kopitar the number 1 star???????
He won 55% of his faceoffs and scored our second goal. That's a good nights work.

Not letting this team get my hopes up again after last year, but I know they are going to end up doing exactly that
Maybe it will turn out that this team is better built for the playoffs, and not just the regular season. Plus who knows if Don will add at some point?

Last edited:

Guelph Bruin

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2015
Love the effort, love the win ... although I'm still being the cautious kitty with this roster after 4 games ...but we all knew going into this season we would need a team effort to win and rely heavily on special teams, goaltending and defense ..so far so good! Keep it up ...but please do not rely on the protect the lead in the 3rd strategy with next to zero offense .... the Claude years were great and his teams were a master of that strategy ..... but it makes me want to throw stuff at the TV

Reactions: BMC

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad