GDT: Game 4/82 Wild @ Blues 6:30 CST ESPN

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
Nothing but goalie goal highlights due to our brilliant coach.What a disaster of a home opener.

GOING TO BE A VERY LONG YEAR, AGAIN!

• Love
Reactions: Ranksu

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
The offense was more the issue than defense. Wasted power plays, lack of finishing ability. I mean the Wild didn't have many shots for the first 35-40 minutes of the game. Kyrou losing his man to score the SHG didn't help either. That was the turning point in the game.

Hey, at least Gustavsson made it interesting.

I don't think that SHG was on Kyrou at all, I view it as a Faulk problem. Hit the net and that never happens.

A Real Barn Burner

Apr 25, 2016
We tried forcing so many passes that weren’t there.

We do have to start playing with a lead in games.

Also regarding the goal that was waived off, maybe the NHL should follow the lead of NCAA hockey who updated their rule this summer to the following:

“A rule proposal dealing with continuous play was also approved. When referees signal a stoppage of play because they have lost sight of the puck but, in the immediate and continuous action, the puck enters the goal, officials will be allowed to award a goal. Previously, blowing the whistle took away this option.”

Source

The constant blocked passes ,especially the forced passes to the slot that was being blocked every time was getting annoying. We might be a faster team, and it sucks the big bodies we prefer are not the type of players available like they said during the broadcast, but we need to find a way to play stronger and drive the net! Being boxed out of the slot and forced to the perimeter isn’t a recipe for success in this league. Speed is great for a counter attack offense when playing with a lead but didn’t help us last night when Minny was circling the wagons.

Also that rule change needs to happen yesterday!

Last edited:

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
Nothing but goalie goal highlights due to our brilliant coach.What a disaster of a home opener.

GOING TO BE A VERY LONG YEAR, AGAIN!

Good for you, Ranksu and anyone else who enjoys being miserable and complaining all the time.

I don't think that SHG was on Kyrou at all, I view it as a Faulk problem. Hit the net and that never happens.

True, not really his fault but he was the one chasing the guy down at the end. I'll be honest, I was half checked out of the game at that point due to how crappy we were playing.

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Good for you, Ranksu and anyone else who enjoys being miserable and complaining all the time.

True, not really his fault but he was the one chasing the guy down at the end. I'll be honest, I was half checked out of the game at that point due to how crappy we were playing.
My biggest issue with the Kyrou play was I felt he fell down way to easy. Tho, he actually tried, and tried to do it without taking a penalty as well. 2 years ago he would have floated back nonchalantly.

Reactions: Majorityof1

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
My biggest issue with the Kyrou play was I felt he fell down way to easy. Tho, he actually tried, and tried to do it without taking a penalty as well. 2 years ago he would have floated back nonchalantly.

Yeah the effort is there. The whole team just seemed out of sync in all aspects last night. The PP was horrible, guys were missing prime scoring chances or shooting it right into the goalie and it was pretty clear once that second goal went in that were weren't winning that game. Even Thommer can't seem to buy a goal right now. He's had a lot of chances but only one breakaway goal to show for it.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Yeah the effort is there. The whole team just seemed out of sync in all aspects last night. The PP was horrible, guys were missing prime scoring chances or shooting it right into the goalie and it was pretty clear once that second goal went in that were weren't winning that game. Even Thommer can't seem to buy a goal right now. He's had a lot of chances but only one breakaway goal to show for it.
I think they just need to find some kind of chemistry. Tho, that might need to include having Buch and Kyrou on the top line with Thomas for a few games. But I'm really wanting to keep Kyrou and Thomas separate for right now.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
I have to be honest. The goalie goal was cool. I wish it could have been ours, but it was cool to see it.
I've always wanted to see an NHL goalie goal in person and I got to check that off my bucket list last night. That is way, way, way more meaningful to me than the result or the team's play from a regular season game in October. Especially in a year like this one where I don't exactly expect the team to be a contender. I'd have preferred for it to be a Blues goalie, but I'm not going to complain about the details of such a rare event.

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
I agree with comments about the brutal passing. There's no way they can win regularly in the league with the decisions they were making last night

TurgPavs

Jan 7, 2019
I think they just need to find some kind of chemistry. Tho, that might need to include having Buch and Kyrou on the top line with Thomas for a few games. But I'm really wanting to keep Kyrou and Thomas separate for right now.
Agree with this, and I would add, the Team just has no identity what so ever. They really don't forecheck, our defensemen are not real physical, we have a mis-mash middle 6, there is no structure on the PP.......just an odd "Team".

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014

So good for people who live in reality and want to hold the players and coaches who are not performing to their contract or ability level accountable then.

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
It feels like Holloway doesn't know where the puck is 1/3 of the time. Am I crazy or does anyone else agree?
He is a 3rd liner who is on a new team and system. He is also being put up and down in the lineup which is putting him off where he actually should be.

He needs more time to adjust but there is no doubt about it, we overpaid on him and its unlikely that contract will age well.

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
It feels like Holloway doesn't know where the puck is 1/3 of the time. Am I crazy or does anyone else agree?
Agree and mentioned this on one post. He loses the puck in his skates and his overall awareness on the ice is not there. He's got the tunnel-vision thing going on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad