GDT: Game 4/82 Wild @ Blues 6:30 CST ESPN

kimzey59

Aug 16, 2003
And there's the icing on the cake for this shitshow: a goalie goal.

There better be some benching's for the next game.
And not some cop out like sitting Dingo. I'm talking Schenn, Leddy and Neighbours.

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
Only two things to do after that game.

Burn the tape.

File an official complaint against the officials. I understand bad calls happen but this was egregiously bad. Fireable offense bad tonight.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
And there's the icing on the cake for this shitshow: a goalie goal.

There better be some benching's for the next game.
And not some cop out like sitting Dingo. I'm talking Schenn, Leddy and Neighbours.
Neighbors should have been a healthy scratch tonight. I think he HAS to be one for their next game.

sbet1998

Feb 12, 2012
weird game

i dont feel the need to analyze this one past the point of saying the Blues could have used some puck-luck early on

there should be some leeway when it comes to quick whistles if it didnt affect the outcome of a play that resulted in an otherwise good goal

sound travels a lot slower than light. a tenth of a second makes no difference. needs revision

pseudoswede

Apr 7, 2011
Colorado
i dont feel the need to analyze this one past the point of saying the Blues could have used some puck-luck early on
My observation is that Blues have some of the worst puck-luck of any team. How many goals have the Blues allowed so far this year that was because of some funky ricochet? At least three (including one tonight).

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
didn't understand the timeout with 30 seconds left and the rare goalie powerplay goal was just insult to injury, bad choice by bannister in the home opener.

no defense, no puck support, no one could pass, and forced into perimeter play. what a stinker :thumbd:

Reactions: mk80

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
If they can string a few of these together my Tankathon visits will be more fun.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
We tried forcing so many passes that weren’t there.

We do have to start playing with a lead in games.

Also regarding the goal that was waived off, maybe the NHL should follow the lead of NCAA hockey who updated their rule this summer to the following:

“A rule proposal dealing with continuous play was also approved. When referees signal a stoppage of play because they have lost sight of the puck but, in the immediate and continuous action, the puck enters the goal, officials will be allowed to award a goal. Previously, blowing the whistle took away this option.”

Source

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
didn't understand the timeout with 30 seconds left and the rare goalie powerplay goal was just insult to injury, bad choice by bannister in the home opener.

no defense, no puck support, no one could pass, and forced into perimeter play. what a stinker :thumbd:

The offense was more the issue than defense. Wasted power plays, lack of finishing ability. I mean the Wild didn't have many shots for the first 35-40 minutes of the game. Kyrou losing his man to score the SHG didn't help either. That was the turning point in the game.

Hey, at least Gustavsson made it interesting.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad