GDT: Game 4/82 Wild @ Blues 6:30 CST ESPN

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
Nothing but goalie goal highlights due to our brilliant coach.What a disaster of a home opener.

GOING TO BE A VERY LONG YEAR, AGAIN!

• Love
Reactions: Ranksu

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
The offense was more the issue than defense. Wasted power plays, lack of finishing ability. I mean the Wild didn't have many shots for the first 35-40 minutes of the game. Kyrou losing his man to score the SHG didn't help either. That was the turning point in the game.

Hey, at least Gustavsson made it interesting.

I don't think that SHG was on Kyrou at all, I view it as a Faulk problem. Hit the net and that never happens.

A Real Barn Burner

Apr 25, 2016
We tried forcing so many passes that weren’t there.

We do have to start playing with a lead in games.

Also regarding the goal that was waived off, maybe the NHL should follow the lead of NCAA hockey who updated their rule this summer to the following:

“A rule proposal dealing with continuous play was also approved. When referees signal a stoppage of play because they have lost sight of the puck but, in the immediate and continuous action, the puck enters the goal, officials will be allowed to award a goal. Previously, blowing the whistle took away this option.”

Source

The constant blocked passes ,especially the forced passes to the slot that was being blocked every time was getting annoying. We might be a faster team, and it sucks the big bodies we prefer are not the type of players available like they said during the broadcast, but we need to find away to play stronger and drive the net! Being boxed out of the slot and forced to the perimeter isn’t a recipe for success in this league. Speed is great for a counter attack offense when playing with a lead but didn’t help us last night when Minny was circling the wagons.

Also that rule change needs to happen yesterday!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad