Laval Rocket: 2024-25 Laval Rocket Thread

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Can guys signed to NHL contracts be assigned to the ECHL, or could only players signed to a AHL contract?

A guy like Kidney would probably benefit from playing more minutes in the ECHL as opposed to playing in the bottom six and getting scratched.

A player on an AHL contract can be moved up or down between AHL and ECHL.

If you're on an ELC, they can be assigned to ECHL without problem.

But if a player is on an NHL contract but not an ELC, the player has to agree to go to ECHL. Team can't send them without agreement.

So guys like Condotta, Gignac, ABB who are on NHL deals but not ELCs would need to agree to be sent to ECHL.

Reactions: Leon Lucius Black

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
The reality is 2 games 4 points.

Is your number prediction that you originally fled from officially 144 points in 72 games (prorated)?

If so, I bet under.

I did not fled, where did you get this? i had said 50 pts+

Oh now you want to bet under 144 pts??

The only thing that i had said was we needed to take into account his usage. He needs to be used in all the offensive sauces. I think if they use him as a 1st liner with first PP timing then he will easely get 65+ pts this year. Like last game he wasn't on the ice for the last 2 minutes of the game in the 6-5.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Can guys signed to NHL contracts be assigned to the ECHL, or could only players signed to a AHL contract?

A guy like Kidney would probably benefit from playing more minutes in the ECHL as opposed to playing in the bottom six and getting scratched.
Kidney can be sent down because even though he has an NHL deal, and normally such players can't be sent to the ECHL against their will, ELC contracts are an exception.

Reactions: Leon Lucius Black

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
I did not fled, where did you get this? i had said 50 pts+

Oh now you want to bet under 144 pts??

The only thing that i had said was we needed to take into account his usage. He needs to be used in all the offensive sauces. I think if they use him as a 1st liner with first PP timing then he will easely get 65+ pts this year. Like last game he wasn't on the ice for the last 2 minutes of the game in the 6-5.

No, you put a bunch of usage requirements on your 50+ prediction. You never answered when I asked for a prediction without TOI requirements.

You're the one that ran to me like a child with that 144 pts EP points extrapolation.

And again, you're hiding behind usage to blame everyone but Mesar for his production (or lack thereof).

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
Doubtful.

Farrell is apparently going to be scratched next game so that tells you how little room they have up front. He's not even close to the worst forward there but I guess they want to have roleplayers on the fourth.

I think we're anticipating injuries at this point.
The Habs can’t keep him up if they don’t have room. Not to mention, I don’t think he deserves to be up after last year. He’s not an nhl level player, especially playing the way he did last year. I never expected him to score at the pace he did the year before, but he was pretty invisible last year. He stopped playing his Gallagher style that gave him success.

Sure, if there’s injuries at the time, they probably keep him up.

Why would they scratch Farrel over Kidney? Both have been invisible I guess.

Struble is not on IR and is counted in the 22.
They sent ABB down when they still had roster space? I mean, I’m fine with that. I’d rather he help Laval.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
They sent ABB down when they still had roster space? I mean, I’m fine with that. I’d rather he help Laval.
They were at 23 with ABB. They probably kept him in case Kapanen or Heineman would struggle and had to be sent down to not waive ABB for no reason. But since they probably liked what they saw from Kapanen and Heineman they decided to send ABB down. NO reason to keep 23 players i thiink the cap is calculated daily and by having 23 players it give you less cap later on i think not sure though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad