Post-Game Talk: Game 3 - New York Rangers @ Winnipeg Jets - 8pm EST , MSG

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
losses happen so whatever but...will say we should probably not spend the season allowing passes from below the goal line to guys all alone in front of the net. that defensive strategy is about as successful as communism

They should play it to appeal to the young demographic then.

5-on-3 maybe. They are taking way too many penalties but tonight was their first 5 on-4 GA allowed I believe

Wasn't Zucc's goal 5 on 4?

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
losses happen so whatever but...will say we should probably not spend the season allowing passes from below the goal line to guys all alone in front of the net. that defensive strategy is about as successful as communism

They will need another reliable D for the playoffs. Hopefully the kids (who were really good again today) negate the need for Kane and we can trade for a top defenseman.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Obviously. Gallant mentioned this too. Overall defense wasn't very good, some of it due to fatigue.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
They should play it to appeal to the young demographic then.

Wasn't Zucc's goal 5 on 4?

You are right. Lots of penalties, hard to keep track lol. Still I think they’ve been good overall. Also saw Kakko out there on the PK today. Remember people were arguing about that the other day?

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
BTW, our PK has been bad so far.

To be honest with you, nothing to do with the Rangers but I'm not sure that's true. I think there are some advantages to facing that many shots. The goalie really gets into the game. Look at Hank and Igor's stats when they faced 40+ shots. I know they're HOF caliber goalies but their stats were better when facing 40+ than when facing less than 40.

There are like 5 difference making goalies in the league and Hellbyuck is one. You think the Jarry’s & Freddie Anderson’s of the world are giving up 1 goal on 41 shots to the Rangers. Not likely

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
3rd game in 4 nights, second of a back to back on the road. We could've won handily had hellybuck not shut down that push in the second. I'm happy to see us still shooting a lot, getting chances, and we were in this one right to the end so overall it's not a loss I'll lose sleep over.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Rangers were playing a man down in the 3rd as well. Tough on a 3/4. Gnarly cut for Carpenter but it’s an opportunity to get Blais in finally

Reactions: TheDirtyH

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Still pissed about the scheduling. Back to back on the road and opening nights in both is just stupid.
Yeah, there’s really no reason to start the season 3 games in 4 nights including travel to Minny and Winnipeg. Pretty dumb to start the season. Oh well, let’s hope they are good to go and get back on a roll on Monday.

Decent play tonight for what it was. Really just ran into a hot goalie.

2014nyr

Jun 14, 2014
They will need another reliable D for the playoffs. Hopefully the kids (who were really good again today) negate the need for Kane and we can trade for a top defenseman.
def agree thats more likely to be our target the way the kids have started...not sure what the market will look like but sure there will be options. that said, i'm a big fan of zac jones and think theres a chance he and schneider grow into a very reliable pair by march. even then will certainly want to add injury insurance but a lower cost option

Reactions: McRanger92

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
I don't know what you're talking about. The Jets were better defensively than the Wild (hard not to be) but they weren't particularly good defensively today. Ran into a hot goalie.
I am saying, there are teams who are as good as they are, who if they play well defensively will shut them down. If they have a good goalie as well, the Rangers are going to have to find a way to produce offense beyond what they did last playoffs.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Worst part about the game is now GG will use Hunt on the top 6 again at times because he thinks it works. Rather have just lost 4-0..

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
def agree thats more likely to be our target the way the kids have started...not sure what the market will look like but sure there will be options. that said, i'm a big fan of zac jones and think theres a chance he and schneider grow into a very reliable pair by march. even then will certainly want to add injury insurance but a lower cost option

I don't know how anyone can not be a fan of Zac Jones. Kid moves the puck better than anyone on our team not named Fox and holds his own defensively. He's not pushed around despite his size. Sitting him was an atrocious move.

I am saying, there are teams who are as good as they are, who if they play well defensivly will shut them down. If they have a good goalie as well, the Rangers are going to have to find a way to produce offense beyond what they did last playoffs.

That's the case with virtually every team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad