Post-Game Talk: Game #3 - Canucks 5, Flames 4 in OT: "Bork, bork, bork!" - Eddie Lack

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Edo

The Mightiest Club
Jun 7, 2003
vancouver
wowhockey.com
Goals 2 and 3 were gifts by the Flames, they weren't really forced cuz of our line changes as everyone thinks. But he did do a good job of motivating the team as AV would never have.

The changes sparked the changes and umped the tempo which led to the gifts. He did something in his 3rd game that we haven't seen AV done in forever.

LickTheEnvelope

Weird time to be a Canucks fan 2024
Dec 16, 2008
Sidney, formerly Vancouver
wasn't stanton like 8th on chicago's depth chart, makes you wonder just how "deep" our defence really was the past couple years when we were forced to play crap like alberts and barker on a somewhat consistent basis

8th last season, and was going to be 9th this season as Chicago picked up Kostka.

Chicago also had a pretty healthy D group last season. Kieth, Seabrook, Leddy, Oduya and Hjalmarsson only missed a combined 4 games... then they had Rozsival and Brookbank basically split the season in the last spot. Stanton only played 1 game.

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
Happy that we won, but not liking the fact that the only thing holding us back from being a current laughing stock like Calgary, are the Sedin's.

Really hard to see what the team is capable of until Kassian, Burrows, and Schroeder come back. If Santorelli/Richardson/Weise is our fourth line come April, we should be good.

Yes, if our team can get healthy, that is a very, very good 4th line. That's assuming, of course, that Schroeder can handle third line C duties, that Dalpe and Sestito are our benchwarmers, and that Alberts is waived when Schroeder returns. I would still like to see the addition of one more top 6 playmaker, and would be happy (though I will confess less happy than before) to see Sestito waived as well.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Okay. I want to get this out of the way for the naysayers.

Yes, we realize Calgary is not a good team despite playing like one.
Yes, we realize our goals were partly due to horrible turnovers.
Yes, we realize we only showed up for ten minutes.

But!

We actually witnessed our coach out-coach someone else.
We came back from a 3-1 deficit.
We line juggled the Sedins and it worked!

Can we not bask in this unexpected glory? When is the last time we have ever fought our way back from an awful 50 minutes? Hell, when was the last time our coach did not defer to Weise as the Sedin line savior? This game is a learning experience: Torts will make good decisions based on performance. And it's ****ing wonderful.

Let's enjoy that.

LickTheEnvelope

Weird time to be a Canucks fan 2024
Dec 16, 2008
Sidney, formerly Vancouver
I'm also not happy they haven't tried Weber on the 2nd unit PP since he's just sitting around on the bench all game. That's the whole point of him being on the roster... (Granted only 1 pp tonight... but still)

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
I love Stanton.

In the OT I thought I heard that Bieksa was paired with "Stantion", and I thought, "Well, here it comes. Guy is for sure going to score now."

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
Okay. I want to get this out of the way for the naysayers.

Yes, we realize Calgary is not a good team despite playing like one.
Yes, we realize our goals were partly due to horrible turnovers.
Yes, we realize we only showed up for ten minutes.

But!

We actually witnessed our coach out-coach someone else.
We came back from a 3-1 deficit.
We line juggled the Sedins and it worked!

Can we not bask in this unexpected glory? When is the last time we have ever fought our way back from an awful 50 minutes? Hell, when was the last time our coach did not defer to Weise as the Sedin line savior? This game is a learning experience: Torts will make good decisions based on performance. And it's ****ing wonderful.

Let's enjoy that.

Great points and approach!

Bask away!

Outside99*

wasn't stanton like 8th on chicago's depth chart, makes you wonder just how "deep" our defence really was the past couple years when we were forced to play crap like alberts and barker on a somewhat consistent basis

Hawks thought he was a #8 or 9 so they exposed him. They gambled and they lost (so far), kudos to Canucks pro organization.

It happens - Boston had Krug as a #9 last year (they even picked up some depth at the TD IIRC), ended up in Boston's playoff lineup due to injuries and now he's in their 6 man rotation, on their 1st PP unit.

Outside99*

I'm most pleased for Santo. I have no idea how he was in Florida or Winnipeg (what a contrast) but here he came to camp in super shape and gives 100% on every shift. Plus he's not a plug - the guy has skill.:handclap:

Shinkaruk

Jul 13, 2013
Ontario
Thought it wasn't a 60 minute effort game...more like 17 minutes, but we had bottom 6 players stepping up and that is huge for the Canucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad