Post-Game Talk: GAME #28 - Canucks 1 vs. Wild 3 Part II - "NW Division Chumps"

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

deadinthewater

Jan 14, 2012
Wow, so if they lose this game (which they will), Canucks have only won 5 of the last 16 games. Unbelievable. How many more do we need to lose for some change to happen? :help:

donutz0r

Jan 12, 2010
Dallas. Go Canucks!
It would be nice if they had at least a couple of set plays during the PP. The PP has obviously been a lot better today than it has been for the last month, but it's only a matter of time before teams adjust to the "pass it to Garrison" strategy.

LiquidSnake

Jun 10, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Which one, the one where Ballard let his man walk around him, the one with the nice re-direct out front, or the one where the Canucks failed to clear the screen on the PK?

The 3rd one where he needed to make a big save. Notice how I didn't say routine save? Any starter in the league makes the saves he should. You get paid more for making the ones you shouldn't.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Exactly. This team is not one piece away from being a contender. They are several.

Honestly 2 have ANY SHOT AT ALL at winning the cup.

We need Kesler to stay healthy (thats our 2nd line center)

We need one LEGIT top 6 forward.
We need one LEGIT top end third line center.
We need a top 4 D-man to play as our 5th/6th guy.
and We need one of our Kids to STEP UP, and be that break out rookie.

Not to mention the sedins have to round back into form, as well as Schneider/luongo.

So much to ask, it won't happen

John Bender*

Pointing the finger directly at Gillis for this loss and every other one this week for not addressing the glaring need for a center. If the team wants to make the playoffs, moves must be made, even if overpaying. If no center is added, I agree with SELL, SELL, SELL and set the team up for next year. This team reminds me so much of the choke team led by Naslund that missed the playoffs in the last week a number of years ago. I can't even blame AV because the personel is so obviously lacking. The Sedins are overplayed and exhausted by the third because no one else has any odds of scoring.

I agree. This is Gillis' fault. His ego is a major problem. I desparately would love to see a guy like Holland here. Gillis thinks he is some sort of genius, but he has made an alarming number of horrendous moves - he won't rectify them as his ego gets the best of him

He'll never sell because of his ego - but logic dictates that this is exactly what they should do at this point.

Feb 28, 2002
Abbotsford, BC
Visit site
Btw I rely think the wild just won the division to ought. They are going to come away from this knowing from this point forward the canucks are their *****es and no matter what the canucks muster the wild can take and win.

Canucks look far too lacsidasicle on a regular basis.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
I agree, toughening up for the Bruins was the worst thing we could've done.

That high-octane offense was 10x more effective than this.

I still despise letting Ehrhoff go. and Hodgson as well, he's probably having a good chuckle watching Ebbett playing on the 2nd line.

I had guys like balls, and Snake (I think don't hate me son!) haggle me about Ehrhoff.

I loved the guy, I said we NEVER should have let him go.

he wanted 5 min for ****ing 5 years, 25m for a top end #1/2 D-man.

A puck moving D-man who can Shoot at all corners. That was the biggest mistake in the past decade imo, worse then the hodgson trade.

Virtanen2Horvat

BoHorvat53
Nov 29, 2011
Vancouver
I think it is good we lose it will actually wake up the management. I seriously don't see this team making the playoffs until we are healthy or some changes are made. Cmon AV don't be stupid whats pulling the goalie going to do we can barely score on the PP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad