Post-Game Talk: GAME #28 - Canucks 1 vs. Wild 3 Part II - "NW Division Chumps"

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Let's hope they trade more than just their UFA's. Seriously, sell/trade:

Luongo
Higgins
Lappierre
Raymond
Bieksa
Sesito
Wiese
Booth
Ballard

Hire a coach that's not borderline Pejorative Slured, draft well, and try again next year.

Weise, Sesito, Lappiere, and Booth are all waiver material. Luongo, Higgins and Ballard will not garner much of a return. The only player that could perhaps fetch us a decent pick/prospect would be Raymond. Oh, and Bieksa but we'd be selling low...

Proto

Jan 30, 2010
I know the Canucks have a bad line-up right now, but they have enough two-way forwards and a good enough defense that they should at least be able to play a solid game and win on the strength of special teams and the Sedins/Burrows ES dominance. But the team's defense is not that great right now, the goaltending is average at best, and the special teams is embarrassing.

Not sure what the answer is at this point. Just ride out the season and adjust, I think. On the plus side, if the team was going to suck, doing it during a shortened season is best for the fans ;)

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
I'm hanging on him not making a save to keep the team in the game. Something goalies on the other end do on a nightly basis.

Which one, the one where Ballard let his man walk around him, the one with the nice re-direct out front, or the one where the Canucks failed to clear the screen on the PK?

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
It's to the point where I want us to lose so that everyone can realize changes are needed, haven't felt like this since 2008.

I hate to say this, but I agree.

I don't care what it takes anymore, I want Change.

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
I really wish Gillis would consider being a seller at the deadline. This team is just not good enough this year. Load up, draft well, trim some **** overpriced players and be aggressive in the UFA market. Get a new coach, try again next year.

They are not good enough to do anything this year, even with modifications. They blow.

Exactly. This team is not one piece away from being a contender. They are several.

Royal Canuck

Taco Enthusiast
Feb 10, 2011
Victoria, BC
I agree, toughening up for the Bruins was the worst thing we could've done.

That high-octane offense was 10x more effective than this.

I still despise letting Ehrhoff go. and Hodgson as well, he's probably having a good chuckle watching Ebbett playing on the 2nd line.

CP

Thou shalt not Tank
Mar 8, 2008
Pointing the finger directly at Gillis for this loss and every other one this week for not addressing the glaring need for a center. If the team wants to make the playoffs, moves must be made, even if overpaying. If no center is added, I agree with SELL, SELL, SELL and set the team up for next year. This team reminds me so much of the choke team led by Naslund that missed the playoffs in the last week a number of years ago. I can't even blame AV because the personel is so obviously lacking. The Sedins are overplayed and exhausted by the third because no one else has any odds of scoring.

John Bender*

I hate to say this, but I agree.

I don't care what it takes anymore, I want Change.

I liked the 2007 Canucks better. At least they tried hard, had an identity and played over their heads. This team is boring, can't score, can't defend, can't stop the puck and doesn't seem to try.

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
Let's be fair, guys - after 2011's SCF we were all like "omgz we need tough guys to protect the Sedins no more soft players"

Careful what you wish for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad