Post-Game Talk: GAME #28 - Canucks 1 vs. Wild 3 Part II - "NW Division Chumps"

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Finkle is Einhorn

Oct 13, 2003
Visit site
It's been like a month since we have had a game with more than 2 goals for.

Minus the Nashville game.

Doesn't matter how many shots Luongo stops if we can only muster up 1 goal.

Ah yes the old goaltending in Vancouver argument rears its head once again. You don't win a cup scoring 1.1 goals per game in the Finals and you don't need a save, you need all the saves. It's nigh impossible for Luongo or Schneider to succeed in Vancouver when they need to be perfect 2 games out of 3.

StringerBell

Daniel needs to shoot that FFS. No one shoots the puck except our point men. Without shooting threats from the half boards our point men will never get the space they need to get good shots off.

y2kcanucks

Better than you
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Fair comment.

IMO the biggest mistake the canucks ever made was change from a high dynamic offensive puck moving team and started to get "tough" because of what boston did.

Guys like ehrhoff,Hodgson,grabner should never have been let go (trade/sign).

people forget we had guys like michael samuelson potting like 25+ goals for us, we had guys like torres on our third line.

This team changed it's identity and ****ed up every since.

I blame gillis and the media pressure.

This team has no identity. They're still the same "don't goon it up" team that we always have been. We're trying to get bigger and tougher like Boston, but we still don't play that style of game. Either go back to being highly skilled *******, or go big and let the players goon it up.

BoHorvatFan

Dec 13, 2009
Vancouver
Fair comment.

IMO the biggest mistake the canucks ever made was change from a high dynamic offensive puck moving team and started to get "tough" because of what boston did.

Guys like ehrhoff,Hodgson,grabner should never have been let go (trade/sign).

people forget we had guys like michael samuelson potting like 25+ goals for us, we had guys like torres on our third line.

This team changed it's identity and ****ed up every since.

I blame gillis and the media pressure.

This post sums up my thoughts exactly.

One series made us change a course that was stable and working well. Pretty sad.

Royal Canuck

Taco Enthusiast
Feb 10, 2011
Victoria, BC
Let's hope they trade more than just their UFA's. Seriously, sell/trade:

Luongo
Higgins
Lappierre
Raymond
Bieksa
Sesito
Wiese
Booth
Ballard

Hire a coach that's not borderline Pejorative Slured, draft well, and try again next year.
And what are we going to get for those guys aside from Luongo?

Nothing.

BoHorvatFan

Dec 13, 2009
Vancouver
This team has no identity. They're still the same "don't goon it up" team that we always have been. We're trying to get bigger and tougher like Boston, but we still don't play that style of game. Either go back to being highly skilled *******, or go big and let the players goon it up.

This is also true, no identity and Sestito and Weise are the fakest tough guys I've ever seen. Nobody is afraid of them.

Astoria

#ILEquestrian
Sep 11, 2012
Seattle, WA
I am almost intrigued to see what the organizations reaction would be if this team misses the playoffs. Blame injuries and carry on?

"We're exactly where I thought we would be..."

I don't know, that's the quote that is on continuous replay in my head.

; )

John Bender*

WTF Hamhuis? Wide open for the shot, makes a pass through traffic instead.

Hamhuis did not play on the 1st unit in Junior, but he's good enough to run the 1st unit PP of an NHL team. #logic

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Another example about our change from skilled to "tough".

Look at the caps, they had one of the best dynamic offensive teams in the NHL, they changed to a defensive style and what did that get them?, If they stacked up more offense they would have outscored the defense.

Caps should be winning 5-4 not 2-1, ****ed them over, and we fell into the same mode, but tough vs no tough

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad