Post-Game Talk: GAME #28 - Canucks 1 vs. Wild 3 Part II - "NW Division Chumps"

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Drop the Sopel

May 4, 2007
calgary
What did you guys think AV would say? AVs post game interviews are always the same. I'd rather he say what he said than throw someone under the bus.

Yeah, his comments were fine.

The team played very well for how many times the Wild started with the puck and how many plugs we had in the bottom 6. When half your forwards are complete non factors offensively at the NHL level you're going to have games like tonight. Vancouver won the possession war but lack the skill to execute in the offensive end.

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010
This team will be fine, coasting all the way to mediocrity.

I actually think they are working hard. We are spending what 2.4million on our three centers not name Henrik. What does on expect. We spend 4 million on our backup 4.2 million on an extra d man and we have three centerman who make less than Manny did himself to form strength down the middle. You cannot win with three mediocre centericeman. You can win with a mediocre backupgoalie and a medicre sixth or seventh dman. Gillis needed to resolve this earlier but sooner than later if playoffs are expected.
for fans saying tank get your heads out of your ### nothing is improving next year that with a trade or two you could not improve this year. The extra goalie will be gone next year, Ballard will be gone, why not do it this year and give it a chance. If they have no chance to be good enough this year what is going to change next year?

pahlsson

Mar 22, 2012
It's not about just points, ask any leaf fans, he struggled in the AHL.

you don't "struggle" or "look bad" and put up 3 PPG seasons

he had consistency and motivation issues but at the end of the day he was able to contribute offensively, something you need to see at the AHL level before you can even consider blindly throwing a rookie into a lineup and hoping it all works out

Co Ho*

AV: "...and we [Ballard] made a mistake on the 3rd goal."

Ballard is back to the press box.

Wheatley

We Rabite You
Sep 24, 2010
Drastic times call for drastic measures. It's time to split up the Sedins.

Higgins-H.Sedin-Burrows

D.Sedin-Ebbett-Hansen

Raymond-Shroeder-Pinizzotto

Sestito-Lapierre-Weise

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Maybe it's like when you accept that you're going to die from a terminal illness and you come to a state of peaceful bliss? :help:

AV knows he's screwed. He doesn't have the healthy cattle he needs and Gillis isn't getting them. In the mean time a coaching change is handing over his head.

Basically accepted he can't change his situation.

enuck

Relax and enjoy
Jan 20, 2007
Under a palapa
If we lose against the blues, I seriously can see a coaching change.

That's called wishful thinking, usually a departure from actual reality. I highly doubt the brass are even questioning AV's ability, they tend to look at the big picture. It's beyond the rationality of 80% of the Vancouver fan base but if AV became available there would be a few team lining up before the ink was dry on his pink slip. Then you would be stuck with a team that isn't producing, beset with injuries, and a new coach..yay?

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
You mean win in OT? We have 6 OTL's while they only have 2. The extra 4 points we would have had if we won 4 of those OT games would put us 2 points up on the Wild right now.

They have 7 OT games all year, we have 10. I'm saying that we automatically can collect more points even if we lose those games. If you just look at the wins situation, we're worse by a decent margin.

Nuck Bonino

May 10, 2011
Lockout shortened season + No training camp + no players playing overseas + injuries. It should be no surprise how this season is shaping out for this team.

I actually think they are working hard. We are spending what 2.4million on our three centers not name Henrik. What does on expect. We spend 4 million on our backup 4.2 million on an extra d man and we have three centerman who make less than Manny did himself to form strength down the middle. You cannot win with three mediocre centericeman. You can win with a mediocre backupgoalie and a medicre sixth or seventh dman. Gillis needed to resolve this earlier but sooner than later if playoffs are expected.
for fans saying tank get your heads out of your ### nothing is improving next year that with a trade or two you could not improve this year. The extra goalie will be gone next year, Ballard will be gone, why not do it this year and give it a chance. If they have no chance to be good enough this year what is going to change next year?
For starts, we would/should be healthier.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
omg I just noticed there is only 20 games left in the season. 20

John Bender*

Drastic times call for drastic measures. It's time to split up the Sedins.

Higgins-H.Sedin-Burrows

D.Sedin-Ebbett-Hansen

Raymond-Shroeder-Pinizzotto

Sestito-Lapierre-Weise

If we are going for a lottery pick, yes.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Team1040 going nuts against a caller right now (good call imo also).
CKNW going off about AV on his happy attitude and how the canucks have played fine.

Drop the Sopel

May 4, 2007
calgary
27th in Faceoffs, 16th in PK and 27th in PP... Barely top 10 in 5 on 5 scoring now.

All completely unacceptable for a team that's supposed to be a cup contender.

For a team that claimed they wanted to create and foster an atmosphere of winning this needs to change soon or people should lose jobs.

How is losing faceoffs unacceptable? If anything, it shows this isn't a coaching issue or lack of effort. They're just not good enough to win faceoffs...

The PP will right itself eventually and the PK struggles aren't a surprise. You lose Kesler and Malhotra, your top 2 PK centremen and you're in trouble.

The personnel isn't there at the moment. Until it is, this win one, lose one stretch won't end. Too much parity in the West.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad