GDT: Game #24 | Saturday, November 23, 2013 | Senators @ Red Wings | 7 PM, FSD, CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
Everyone's reading comprehension abilities in this thread are out the window, including my own. :laugh:

Complaining that your star player got a dirty elbow in the facedoes not equal complaining about the reffing in general.

I put this loss on the Wings coaching staff. Terrible bench management and wasted set-ups on several 5-on-3s.

DatsyukianDekes

Feb 8, 2012
original.gif

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
This is just embarrassing.

We need a goon or we need to score on power plays. One or the other. Having neither is just awful.

Goalie guy

Jul 8, 2011
Taylor MI
Face it guys we just don't have a good team!!! cant score on how many 5 on 3's???? really?? the wizard of D town has put out a very very bad team at best this year! we can't score, we can't or wont hit, we cant pass, we are just not a good team sorry guys. It is not the refs, it's not the coach, you cant teach a old dog new tricks. you can lead a horse to the rink but you cant make them play!!!!

Cursed Lemon

Registered Bruiser
Nov 10, 2011
Dey-Twah, MI
You're assuming: (1) there was a clear elbow; (2) players who don't have a reputation for diving will never dive. Both assumptions are wrong.

Good game tonight, and the Wings probably would have won with Alfredsson out there on the PP.

Datsyuk got elbowed in the face.

Whether you think he milked it is entirely up to you.

aar000n

Oct 16, 2006
good jobs refs. Keep them shorthanded the last 6 min of the game. Good job you dirty skum.

opivy

Sauce King
Sep 14, 2011
Columbus, OH
Please go back to your sens board where you can celebrate mediocrity for eternity. We'll take your greatest player of all time and make him retire in a Red and White just because you weren't good enough to keep any shred of dignity.

JPE123

Jan 23, 2013
Bobby Ryan was the #1 player I've wanted the Wings to go after. And tonite he beats us

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Please go back to your sens board where you can celebrate mediocrity for eternity. We'll take your greatest player of all time and make him retire in a Red and White just because you weren't good enough to keep any shred of dignity.

Sums things up nicely.

DRWCountryClub

Jun 28, 2010
I don't understand your logic.

You're saying that since he's not down for the count it must obviously not have hurt that much?

That because he's still conscious it must not have hurt?

That's crap. Absolute crap. Have you ever played hockey before? If you take a big hit to the head you can go down and be completely lost for a few seconds. You will get back up in a few, go to the bench, collect yourself, and play again that same game.

And that's with a cage. Can't even imagine it without one.

Yes, I've played hockey. Baseball too, if you'd like to know. Actually, a lot of sports when I was younger.

Anyway, I've also watched hockey, quite a bit, over 20 years.

And when I see a player go down, look up at the refs, then get up, and take the next shift, that means a few things...

1. He dove and tried to milk a call.

2. He got hit, but not hard enough to be wort the reaction, because he's trying to milk a call.

3. He's just trying to milk a call.

Datsyuk was back out on his next shift. Like I said, I love the guy, and haven't seen him pull something like that in, probably, forever, but he tried to milk the call one way or another.

They showed a few replays and it was pretty blatant that he dove. Even the announcers said, "Datsyuk doesn't just do that," but when they showed the replays it was like "Wow, he did".

EK SixtyFive

Jan 24, 2012
You really don't think it touched him? I mean those are some insane homer glasses you've got on there. The replay clearly showed it hitting his face, but whatever.

The only angle I saw it, it was hard to tell. Could have maybe glanced across but are you trying to tell me Datsyuk's reaction was completely real and warranted?

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
You're assuming: (1) there was a clear elbow; (2) players who don't have a reputation for diving will never dive. Both assumptions are wrong.

mod

The replay was clear enough. Elbow. Face. Hit.

And yes, I'm assuming the guy who's never taken a dive in his life, and I've watched 99% of Wings game the past 6 years, wouldn't dive.

The second assumption is fueled by the first. If I saw a clear dive, I would say he dove. But I saw a ****ing elbow hitting someone's face, so no, I don't assume the guy who has never taken a dive ever suddenly decided to start.

How does that not make sense to you? Well, it must be because my first two assumptions of brains + eyes was incorrect. My mistake. Won't happen again.

Last edited by a moderator:

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
The only angle I saw it, it was hard to tell. Could have maybe glanced across but are you trying to tell me Datsyuk's reaction was completely real and warranted?

We will never be able to prove wether Datsyuk dived. But we can prove that Cowen threw a late elbow to his head. We have video evidence of it.

DRWCountryClub

Jun 28, 2010
No I'm assuming you have a brain and eyes.

The replay was clear enough. Elbow. Face. Hit.

And yes, I'm assuming the guy who's never taken a dive in his life, and I've watched 99% of Wings game the past 6 years, wouldn't dive.

The second assumption is fueled by the first. If I saw a clear dive, I would say he dove. But I saw a ****ing elbow hitting someone's face, so no, I don't assume the guy who has never taken a dive ever suddenly decided to start.

How does that not make sense to you? Well, it must be because my first two assumptions of brains + eyes was incorrect. My mistake. Won't happen again.

You're obviously a little fired up over the loss. Calm down, take another look and you'll see.

No reason to get so emotionally invested in a sports team, especially one as bad as this.

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site

This is what happens every single time a cheapshot and/or legit penalty goes uncalled:

The home feed will dissect the play; the opposing feed will superficially once-over the replay, not giving it a second thought because no penalty was called.

So its not surprising that Wings fans, who saw several replays of the incident, are more convinced of the infraction.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Yes, I've played hockey. Baseball too, if you'd like to know. Actually, a lot of sports when I was younger.

Anyway, I've also watched hockey, quite a bit, over 20 years.

And when I see a player go down, look up at the refs, then get up, and take the next shift, that means a few things...

1. He dove and tried to milk a call.

2. He got hit, but not hard enough to be wort the reaction, because he's trying to milk a call.

3. He's just trying to milk a call.

Datsyuk was back out on his next shift. Like I said, I love the guy, and haven't seen him pull something like that in, probably, forever, but he tried to milk the call one way or another.

They showed a few replays and it was pretty blatant that he dove. Even the announcers said, "Datsyuk doesn't just do that," but when they showed the replays it was like "Wow, he did".

See, you're just wrong. It's not that weird for a player to get hurt and messed up and be out next shift. Any hockey player who's taken a big hit knows that. For that to be the reason why you think he milked it... just ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad