GDT: Game #24 | Saturday, November 23, 2013 | Senators @ Red Wings | 7 PM, FSD, CBC

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
Zetterberg, Kronwall, Datsyuk... what are you guys going to do when your team is getting run time after time? Let Smith step up for you? Back off and lose the game? Pretend like you don't care?

Yeah, that's the ticket. Let's just pretend we don't care.... another slash on the ankle. Ignore it.

JackieTreehorn

Mar 16, 2010
I know the refs haven't been on your side tonight. But dont you get a liiiittle bit embarrassed about how biased Mickey Redmond is in Detroits favour when it comes to every call the refs make?

not usually. I couldn't stop laughing for some reason when he said someone fired a drink off at the ref.

DRWCountryClub

Jun 28, 2010
Oh they were complimenting Datsyuk a year ago, were they? :laugh:

It was a missed call. Of course the home feed is going to pick up on it and thoroughly review it as opposed to the Canadian feed. It was an obvious elbow.

No, it wasn't an obvious elbow.

I cringed, because I haven't even seen Datsyuk milk a call like that.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
The Wings ****ed up their home losing streak the other night. Now we're just losing in regulation.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Yes, if he didn't really get hurt, get back up, don't try to be a Franzen.

Such crybabies on this board all of a sudden.
I don't understand your logic.

You're saying that since he's not down for the count it must obviously not have hurt that much?

That because he's still conscious it must not have hurt?

That's crap. Absolute crap. Have you ever played hockey before? If you take a big hit to the head you can go down and be completely lost for a few seconds. You will get back up in a few, go to the bench, collect yourself, and play again that same game.

And that's with a cage. Can't even imagine it without one.

EK SixtyFive

Jan 24, 2012
Just curious as to which bizarro world you live in where it's not dirty to extend your elbow out to some guy's face.

It's dirty if it actually touches the other player?
Way to only quote part of my post to try to make me look bad :shakehead

What other incidents? Genuinely curious

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
No, it wasn't an obvious elbow.

It wasn't obvious until they showed a replay. Then it was damn obvious. Nothing happened until Cowen thought it'd be a good idea to stick his elbow out long after Datsyuk had gotten rid of the puck and he clipped Dats right on the jaw.

DRWCountryClub

Jun 28, 2010
So blatant attempts are illegal potential concussion causing elbows are totally cool if they miss and the player may have dived? (however in this case I don't think Dats dived)

Yeah... Have you ever seen someone get suspended for ALMOST blindsiding someone?

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
Lmfao!!! Timmy Thomas did SO much worse in Boston and rarely got called for a slash. Howard does THAT and gets called?!

Give me a ****ing break!

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
Cleary got benched. So I'm happy. We lost though. So he'll play 17 minutes against Buffalo tomorrow. Had to get him rest.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
It's dirty if it actually touches the other player?
Way to only quote part of my post to try to make me look bad :shakehead

What other incidents? Genuinely curious

You really don't think it touched him? I mean those are some insane homer glasses you've got on there. The replay clearly showed it hitting his face, but whatever.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Now slashing on Howard. OMG that's funny as ****ing hell. These refs shoulda become comedians to go with their BS tonight!! ****ing clowns!

source

Jul 13, 2008
I don't understand your logic.

You're saying that since he's not down for the count it must obviously not have hurt that much?

That because he's still conscious it must not have hurt?

That's crap. Absolute crap. Have you ever played hockey before? If you take a big hit to the head you can go down and be completely lost for a few seconds. You will get back up in a few, go to the bench, collect yourself, and play again that same game.

And that's with a cage. Can't even imagine it without one.

You're assuming: (1) there was a clear elbow; (2) players who don't have a reputation for diving will never dive. Both assumptions are wrong.

Good game tonight, and the Wings probably would have won with Alfredsson out there on the PP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad