GDT: Game 23 7:30 PM - Bruins seek to ground Lightning - NBCSN, WBZ-FM 98.5

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
It honestly seems like some people just want Rask to fail for the sole purpose of "i told you so" or just because they really, really want to shit on him.

Reactions: Rubber Biscuit

everett rats

Oct 13, 2017
Huge mistake, IMO.

If they lose, Cassidy opens himself up to a lot of second guessing.

If you lose with Khudobin, nobody blames you for going with the hot streak and losing. Then you can go back to Rask against Philadelphia.
Huge mistake? #1 goalie big salary lets sit him on a national tv game vs one of the best teams in the league..you start him if he fails he fails ..hes a vetren hr kbows how to handle big games i hace no douby he will be money tonight..bruins fans upset me he could pitch a shutout and lose in rd 13 of the shootout 1-0 and fans would be saying he should have stayed up and stopped that one! Dobby has played well bit jas been fornoute as well also the team was playing alot better in front of him..but hes our backup he plays bs lower teams not elite teams

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Yup. Dobby seems to be performing find behind the defense. What's the excuse for Rask?
That’s exactly right ,it’s the same defence ,Khubodin has just been the better goalie.Lets hope Rask has a great game tonight,Bruins are gonna need it to have any shot at winning.

BruinsFan1990

Mar 29, 2016
Winthrop, MA
Huge mistake? #1 goalie big salary lets sit him on a national tv game vs one of the best teams in the league..you start him if he fails he fails ..hes a vetren hr kbows how to handle big games i hace no douby he will be money tonight..bruins fans upset me he could pitch a shutout and lose in rd 13 of the shootout 1-0 and fans would be saying he should have stayed up and stopped that one! Dobby has played well bit jas been fornoute as well also the team was playing alot better in front of him..but hes our backup he plays bs lower teams not elite teams

Since when are Pitt, LA, NJ, and SJ "lower" teams?

And Toronto as well.

hrdpuk

Fossa
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
Kentucky
Rask is staying. He's a top goalie . If he's hitting a bad pump He'll fix it. He hasn't come this far in his career to not know how to handle some diversity

Feb 25, 2016
Rask is staying. He's a top goalie . If he's hitting a bad pump He'll fix it. He hasn't come this far in his career to not know how to handle some diversity

What planet do live on? With Rask in net, the game is in the Lighting hands and theirs to lose.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
What planet do live on? With Rask in net, the game is in the Lighting hands and theirs to lose.

Like it would be otherwise with Dobby in net. :laugh:

Rask gives the Bruins the better chance to win. That’s why he’s in net.

Cassidy adding points to his coach of the year nomination. Smart move going back with the #1.

Dobby’s not expected great run was fun. It was time to leave the table when ahead. Great job coach.

Reactions: frickinbobby
Feb 25, 2016
Rask will lead the Bruins to the playoffs.

Enjoy.

That's funny...

bc1c20055f96965177e5059dbde49174.jpg

BruinsFan1990

Mar 29, 2016
Winthrop, MA
Like it would be otherwise with Dobby in net. :laugh:

Rask gives the Bruins the better chance to win. That’s why he’s in net.

Cassidy adding points to his coach of the year nomination. Smart move going back with the #1.

Dobby’s not expected great run was fun. It was time to leave the table when ahead. Great job coach.

Rask:
3-8-2
2.91 GAA
.899 SV%

Dobby:
7-0-2
2.22 GAA
.932 SV%

What am I missing?

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017
Bruins are favored and I think they pull out the win. Having Marchand, Backes and Spooner back should bring a spark. Rask plays well and the who's #1 debate will live on

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
But to be fair across the board, there will be posters who will blame Rask no matter the reality of anything else.

Yes because he sucks this year, they are not wrong.
He better get his s*** together

The Bruins are say a 1/4 through the year.

13 games played
39th in sv%
27th in gaa
37th in wins
0 shutouts

Scott $570,000 Darling has a better sv%.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Yes because he sucks this year, they are not wrong.
He better get his s*** together

The Bruins are say a 1/4 through the year.

13 games played
39th in sv%
27th in gaa
37th in wins
0 shutouts

Scott $570,000 Darling has a better sv%.

Yeah but you missed the point. He could play a great game and the Bruins might still lose, and people will come along and say he sucks. Hell, there are people here who rag on him even when he wins, saying he should have stopped this shot or that shot or should have made a better pass on that play. It is no less ridiculous than the Rask supporters that are being mocked here.

Reactions: BMC

SidCity

Sep 25, 2017
CGY
As an outsider who follows the Bruins pretty closely, this is my take on the situation:

You need to ride Rask until he plays himself out of it/the team helps him get out of this situation.

Bruins are going nowhere with Khudobin...people need to stop looking at this trying to win game by game...thats what causes long-term damage.

The first 2 months of a season are a crap shoot....the real season starts around mid-December onwards...

Rask is still the guy that put up 37 wins, 2.23 GAA and 8 shutouts last year.....yeah the SV% dipped but goalies who play on teams that don't give up many shots don't usually have a good SV%.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad