GDT: Game 23 7:30 PM - Bruins seek to ground Lightning - NBCSN, WBZ-FM 98.5

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
A few years ago Rask was one of my favorite Bruins. I even used his pic for my 2013 playoffs avatar, but the last couple of years he has been very inconsistent and seems to be getting worse, and although I've been critical of his play when warranted, I also give him kudos if he plays well.

Nothing personal against Tuukka, but I just don’t think the Bruins are getting their money’s worth from him anymore, and If he doesn't get his act together soon I would definitely welcome a trade.

With that said, I hope the whole team brings their "A" game tonight and come away with two big points.

Go Bruins!!!

giphy.gif

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Correct. The problem being that Tukka's bad save percentage and his stats since then are blamed on a bad blue line, coaching and other crap for the last couple of years around here. Clearly, there is something going on with him and this team where those same players bust their asses for Dobby but not Rask.
I don’t think it’s quite that black and white that the team is playing hard for Dobby and not Rask . The last game against Edmonton they were coming off a high energy win against the Stanley Cup champions, a letdown against Edmonton was quite possible.

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
Guys, i'm scared.

Nah, i'm just kididng. But seriously though, I'd rather see the Khud in office against these guys rather than Tukka. Just call it a 'luck' thing or whatever, but whenever he's playing, they do way better it seems like

Reactions: frickinbobby

SidCity

Sep 25, 2017
CGY
You said Rask gives you the better chance of winning, which clearly hasnt been the case this year.
Do you know how many veteran starters are struggling around the league? You keep on pounding the "stats" drum. Go look around the league and see how many goalies this season have shit stats.

The win category is on the team....it's not entirely on Rask.

I find it hilarious that people are on here actively bashing Rask who has been one of the best goalies in the past few years. There are a lot of teams in the league who would love to have this guy.

I go to the Penguins board and they always bash Kris Letang.....like cmon people...you dont know what you have until its gone.

BruinsFan1990

Mar 29, 2016
Winthrop, MA
Do you know how many veteran starters are struggling around the league? You keep on pounding the "stats" drum. Go look around the league and see how many goalies this season have **** stats.

I find it hilarious that people are on here actively bashing Rask who has been one of the best goalies in the past few years. There are a lot of teams in the league who would love to have this guy.

I go to the Penguins board and they always bash Kris Letang.....like cmon people...you dont know what you have until its gone.

Well...yeah... "stats" are a pretty good indicator of a player's performance :laugh:

If the win category is on the team, why arent Dobbys stats similar? He hasnt lost in regulation yet.

Reactions: minpind

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Do you know how many veteran starters are struggling around the league? You keep on pounding the "stats" drum. Go look around the league and see how many goalies this season have **** stats.

i think most people who have a problem with Rask have a problem with his past few years . Has he played consistently well since the start of the 2014 playoff series against Montreal ?

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Puzzling decision to say the least by Cassidy in starting Rask. No matter how he plays tonight, if the Bruins lose Cassidy has opened himself up for a ton of criticism. Hope it works out, don't feel at all confident though in Rask stepping up.

Deleted

Nov 11, 2017
Hoping for a win when I wake up in the morning or at the very least an OT-L. Go Bruins ☘️

Reactions: BMC

chrisab123

Feb 9, 2013

Wait...what? Its been a little more than 2 years. I wouldn't consider him an elite goalie, he's been barely above replacement level. This year the bottom has fallen out. I'm pretty sure the Bruins wouldn't miss Rask. Despite his talent. This isn't a star player like Seguin. You can find a goalie.

xStanleyCupsFor

Sep 12, 2014
Huge mistake, IMO.

If they lose, Cassidy opens himself up to a lot of second guessing.

If you lose with Khudobin, nobody blames you for going with the hot streak and losing. Then you can go back to Rask against Philadelphia.

This is what I don't get, don't out think yourself! This isn't rocket science. Rask will get back in as an established #1 eventually. He's the better goalie. But you have a streak going. Just ride it out. Respect the streak. There's no issue at all when Dobby eventually loses. You just go back to Rask.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
Are you kidding me? Some people here will defend Tukka to the end of the earth. Citing his playoff record which is good. Or citing his trophy that he won once. Sure he can get **** on but the fact remains that there is a solid contingent of posters who subscribe to it’s never Tukkas Fault. I’m just rolling out the brand new Tukka Rask Terrible Wheel of excuses. Just pick one and go with it if he loses.
And some people (and excuse me if I say you seem to be one of them) will crap on Tuukka every chance they get. Welcome to HF Boards.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I swear to god if someone gets injured tonight...

Hoping for the Bruins to play a physical game against this team. They're fast team, but the Bruins should come out banging the first shift of the game. Who am i kidding, though...

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
1-0? Rask had a good game.

Win 5-4? Depends how ****ty he looked in net.

How is this BS Exactly? I'm using other peoples excuses from game threads throughout the year and putting them into one post.

I chide rask for his garbage save percentage, his penchant to quit, and clearly the team in front of him agrees to some degree since they play hard for Dobby but not Rask.
This is such a load of bullshit, it's barely worth replying to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad