GDT: Game 23 7:30 PM - Bruins seek to ground Lightning - NBCSN, WBZ-FM 98.5

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
Is it? I took all of those from game threads this year. Except the vendor one. If they lose tonight the excuses will be rolling.

EDIT: I forgot about the ice not being right as one of the excuses! Damnit! Add it to the Wheel of Excuses!

Yes, it's BS. The conversation about Rask has gotten so f***ed and patronizing around here by people who chide him for the dumbest f***ing reasons.

What are you going to say if they lose 1-0? What if they win 5-4?

Reactions: Jean_Jacket41

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
To be fair its pretty spot on. The same posters will defend Rask because the ice wasnt perfect instead of calling a spade a spade

It's not spot on at all. It's BS. The overwhelming majority of people can call a spade a spade. This idea that if you don't blame Rask for everything you're somehow a homer of epic proportions is absolutely insane. There are a handful of people here who will get on his case for literally every single goal he allows. Even the greatest goalies average 2 goals against per game.

It's so f***ing easy to be extremely negative around here. Either people are wrong but things go well so they're happy and never show up around here, or things go poorly and they can come here and brag about how they were right.

Reactions: HumBucker

chrisab123

Feb 9, 2013
It's not spot on at all. It's BS. The overwhelming majority of people can call a spade a spade. This idea that if you don't blame Rask for everything you're somehow a homer of epic proportions is absolutely insane. There are a handful of people here who will get on his case for literally every single goal he allows. Even the greatest goalies average 2 goals against per game.

It's so ****ing easy to be extremely negative around here. Either people are wrong but things go well so they're happy and never show up around here, or things go poorly and they can come here and brag about how they were right.

If Rask allowed an average of 2 goals a game then no one would be on him. Lately its not been that great, his save percentage has tanked hard. The Rask defenders seem to believe that its some which hunt. Everyone wants this guy to do well. We need him to revert back to that top goalie he was. But half the board spins the wheel of excuses on him. I'm just putting everything in one post so people can copy and paste a line later tonight if they lose.

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
If Rask allowed an average of 2-3 goals a game then no one would be on him.

Bull. Shit.
Career GAA of 2.26
This season: 2.91

But half the board spins the wheel of excuses on him. I'm just putting everything in one post so people can copy and paste a line later tonight if they lose.

This is the part that's real BS. Drop the f***ing condescension

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
If Rask allowed an average of 2-3 goals a game then no one would be on him. Lately its not been that great, his save percentage has tanked hard. The Rask defenders seem to believe that its some which hunt. Everyone wants this guy to do well. We need him to revert back to that top goalie he was. But half the board spins the wheel of excuses on him. I'm just putting everything in one post so people can copy and paste a line later tonight if they lose.

His GAA is 2.91

chrisab123

Feb 9, 2013
His GAA is 2.91

Very true, I fixed the error in my post. No clue why I put three in there but I can admit mistakes. Unlike a lot of the Rask supporters who will blame anything other than Rask. 2.91 is brutal. He hasn't had even a decent showing since I think Vegas.

chrisab123

Feb 9, 2013
Bull. ****.
Career GAA of 2.26
This season: 2.91

This is the part that's real BS. Drop the ****ing condescension

Well if he sucks tonight are you actually going to do the unthinkable and call it what it is? Or do I need to keep bringing up the wheel of excuses for the Rask homers to keep spinning?

BruinsFan1990

Mar 29, 2016
Winthrop, MA

It's so ****ing easy to be extremely negative around here. Either people are wrong but things go well so they're happy and never show up around here, or things go poorly and they can come here and brag about how they were right.

Rask is averaging around 3 goals per game with a .899 save %. He hasnt averaged close to 2 goals since 2013 - 2014.

chrisab123

Feb 9, 2013
Rask is averaging around 3 goals per game with a .899 save %. He hasnt averaged close to 2 goals since 2013 - 2014.

Correct. The problem being that Tukka's bad save percentage and his stats since then are blamed on a bad blue line, coaching and other crap for the last couple of years around here. Clearly, there is something going on with him and this team where those same players bust their asses for Dobby but not Rask.

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
Well if he sucks tonight are you actually going to do the unthinkable and call it what it is? Or do I need to keep bringing up the wheel of excuses for the Rask homers to keep spinning?

Yea, if he sucks, he sucks. The overwhelming majority of people have no problem saying as much. I'm sure you'll be among the first here celebrating how you were right. And I'm sure the Rask haters will be nowhere to be found if he puts up a good game.

BruinsFan1990

Mar 29, 2016
Winthrop, MA
Correct. The problem being that Tukka's bad save percentage and his stats since then are blamed on a bad blue line, coaching and other crap for the last couple of years around here. Clearly, there is something going on with him and this team where those same players bust their asses for Dobby but not Rask.

Yup. Dobby seems to be performing find behind the defense. What's the excuse for Rask?

Reactions: Bruinfanatic

chrisab123

Feb 9, 2013
Yea, if he sucks, he sucks. The overwhelming majority of people have no problem saying as much. I'm sure you'll be among the first here celebrating how you were right. And I'm sure the Rask haters will be nowhere to be found if he puts up a good game.

Celebrating? You have me all wrong. I want the guy to succeed. No one wants to hate the guy or anything like that just simply call a spade a spade as one person put it. Oilers game people talked about various reasons why the Bruins lost. None of them Tukka. Was he the only reason? Hardly. But you can't possibly issue more blame to the ice conditions than him. The Bruins are a solid team with good Tukka in net.

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
Celebrating? You have me all wrong. I want the guy to succeed. No one wants to hate the guy or anything like that just simply call a spade a spade as one person put it. Oilers game people talked about various reasons why the Bruins lost. None of them Tukka. Was he the only reason? Hardly. But you can't possibly issue more blame to the ice conditions than him. The Bruins are a solid team with good Tukka in net.

We must be reading different message boards. People jump on him literally every time he gives up a goal.

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
Very true, I fixed the error in my post. No clue why I put three in there but I can admit mistakes. Unlike a lot of the Rask supporters who will blame anything other than Rask. 2.91 is brutal. He hasn't had even a decent showing since I think Vegas.

Here's the issue

Find me anyone on this forum who has said Rask has been good this season. No one thinks that. He's been a complete non-factor and he needs to step it up. No one disagrees.

However there is a vocal group on this site who thinks he kicks puppies and then every GDT and PGT into a giant shit on Rask fest.

Then those of us who think he hasn't been good enough but also think there are a large variety of other flaws in this team get annoyed because the loss isn't solely on Rask. But the discussion of other issues gets interrupted and sidetracked because Rask haters keep moaning and groaning.

Take the Edmonton game. Rask didn't steal the game. But he played fine. The team in front of him got an embarrassingly few amount of shots on goal and got outplayed. Total mail in game from our D and offense.

What does the PGT focus on? Dissecting every goal Rask let in.

Saying Rask isn't the only problem with this team does not equal us being blind to his flaws.

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
I just hope that Krejci, DeBrusk and Bjork all come back on Saturday along with Backes, and Marchand, Spooner today that would be a Christmas miracle.

This team would almost be fully healthy, wowza.

chrisab123

Feb 9, 2013
Here's the issue

Find me anyone on this forum who has said Rask has been good this season. No one thinks that. He's been a complete non-factor and he needs to step it up. No one disagrees.

However there is a vocal group on this site who thinks he kicks puppies and then every GDT and PGT into a giant **** on Rask fest.

Then those of us who think he hasn't been good enough but also think there are a large variety of other flaws in this team get annoyed because the loss isn't solely on Rask. But the discussion of other issues gets interrupted and sidetracked because Rask haters keep moaning and groaning.

Take the Edmonton game. Rask didn't steal the game. But he played fine. The team in front of him got an embarrassingly few amount of shots on goal and got outplayed. Total mail in game from our D and offense.

What does the PGT focus on? Dissecting every goal Rask let in.

Saying Rask isn't the only problem with this team does not equal us being blind to his flaws.

To be honest the Oilers game wasn't his worst this season. But there is a few things going on here that need to be looked at. One of those is if Rask actually tapped out on those games over the past couple years (I know its totally manufactured message board/talk radio BS) but hear me out. Most people here have played some form of team sports. You know when someone isn't pulling their weight or when they're checked out. If the team knows that then they'll look at him and say F it. So why is he like this? Is it just a goalie thing where they're all a different breed and appears to not give a shit?

I still think to this day that Cup game vs Chicago has something to do with all of this. All of this seems a little too coincidental. So the focus needs to be on getting Rask back or at least close to what he used to be.

Reactions: frickinbobby

frickinbobby

Sep 21, 2017
To be honest the Oilers game wasn't his worst this season. But there is a few things going on here that need to be looked at. One of those is if Rask actually tapped out on those games over the past couple years (I know its totally manufactured message board/talk radio BS) but hear me out. Most people here have played some form of team sports. You know when someone isn't pulling their weight or when they're checked out. If the team knows that then they'll look at him and say F it. So why is he like this? Is it just a goalie thing where they're all a different breed and appears to not give a ****?

I still think to this day that Cup game vs Chicago has something to do with all of this. All of this seems a little too coincidental. So the focus needs to be on getting Rask back or at least close to what he used to be.

Quarterback and goalie are similarly important in this regard. see: Jay Cutler.

good luck tonight, Tuukks! Lock in! :thumbu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad