Game 2 - The Comeback Story - Leafs vs Lightning 7pm EST - SN, ESPN, CBC, TVAS, BSUN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Management

Jun 8, 2009
5-2 Leafs

Sheppy did you see the turnip that was posted today?

I had no idea you were one of us brother!

SheppytheLeafsFan.png

AcerComputer

Aug 4, 2014
6 years of losing in the first round, or the playin? While playing in the biggest NHL fanbase? WHile having a team the fans and media have labelled a stanley cup contender?

The Leafs have shitloads of pressure on them.
When was the last time they did not play the maximum amounts of games in the first round?

• Haha
Reactions: EdJovanovski

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
it is a question about what the leafs options are this offseason, the farm system is depleted and the leafs have traded away a lot of picks in the first 3 rounds in the next few years, so how do the leafs find a way to make changes in order to win a round in the playoffs, also cap space is an issue as well.

This is the leafs peak season. Old defense, Matthews extension, trading away firsts for UFAs are about to all come together. Not to mention the fact the younger teams like New Jersey has risen, while buffalo, Ottawa and Detroit are on the rise.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Tampa as a team probably dives and complains the most in the league, what are you on about?
It's different when you're good at it.

On our board, we measure dives in Callahans, Ryan Callahan, of course, being the Master Diver who taught his pupils (the Lightning) everything he knew.

You should set up a session with Ryan Callahan for Michael Bunting.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
This is the leafs peak season. Old defense, Matthews extension, trading away firsts for UFAs are about to all come together. Not to mention the fact the younger teams like New Jersey has risen, while buffalo, Ottawa and Detroit are on the rise.

I can probably find you saying this exact thing the past 5 years

Reactions: Menzinger

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
Much as I enjoyed past meltdowns including last game, I’m rooting for the leafs for tonight. I want 7

People definitelt exaggerate the implications of game 1 given the bolts themselves have been blown out to start a series and survived. New game

Also Cernak is a significant, especially if Hedman isn’t 100% and will possibly play half the game .. or is he playing?

The Management

Jun 8, 2009
Much as I enjoyed past meltdowns including last game, I’m rooting for the leafs for tonight. I want 7

People definitelt exaggerate the implications of game 1 given the bolts themselves have been blown out to start a series and survived. New game

Also Cernak is a significant, especially if Hedman isn’t 100% and will possibly play half the game .. or is he playing?

Sounds like Hedman's out.

AcerComputer

Aug 4, 2014
Lol is that the new measure of success for the fanbase?
Is that was I said? The leafs have never been out of a series. So being down one game, there is panic or increased pressure. I don't think anyone here expected the Leafs to sweep TB.

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
You realize the video review was inconclusive and the call on the ice stood. Had the on ice official signaled no goal, this would not have counted.
Have they came out after the game and said that it was inconclusive (and is there a link or tweet?)

Because the angle the puck was sitting really looked like at the very least it was more likely in than not. People painting a line across without factoring the angle of the camera or how the puck was sitting were coming off somewhat hopeful lol

Either way, even if it was inconclusive I have no idea why people are still talking about that. It was just one goal of many, and at the absolute very worst there was like half a millimeter on the line

Be upset with the goaltending, be upset at the defense around the net. That’s one of the last “controversial” goals in any playoffs people should be worrying about after the game ends

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad