Game 2 - The Comeback Story - Leafs vs Lightning 7pm EST - SN, ESPN, CBC, TVAS, BSUN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mad Dog Tannen

Apr 10, 2010
….posts from weirdly invested Habs fans and normal hockey fans talking hockey…..
Hey, everyone wants to see a car accident. Quit delivering, and others will stop being so interested! It’s just human nature!

Go Tampa!

I’m not sure what I’m cheering for most of the following options:

1. Tampa sweeping Toronto 4-0
2. Tampa going up 3-0, Toronto forcing a game 7 and losing
3. A hard fought back and forth series with Toronto losing in game 7.

Which will be the most heart breaking for leaf fans and make them act predictably irrational? I’m thinking maybe the sweep?

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
I mean......the guy went into Game 1 with a career 1-6 playoff record, and his performance from that game seemed to explain why he had a career 1-6 playoff record going into it. :help:

I'd be terrified if I was a Leafs fan.......either Samsonov finally figures it out tonight, or he doesn't and the Leafs are in a lot of trouble.

Those games were not with the Leafs. He was also apparently terrible during the Caps regular season, not like he sucked in playoffs so they let him go.

He redeemed himself during the season, no reason he can't do it in the playoffs. Former first round pick and highly touted goalie prospect who is only 25... No reason he can't figure it out

just wondering if/when the leafs lose this series, does it have a negative affect on the trade value of Marner and Matthews because they are outplayed in the playoffs and have very high salary cap hits, I am trying to justify how any team would trade for these guys because of the results in the playoffs, pretty bad when senior citizen scorey perry is outplaying the leafs fab 4 at about 1 million per year on the salary cap, also would a team pay more to acquire point over matthews and or marner? I would because point delivers in both regular and post seasons.

No. Leafs will need to add a first to move either.

Wtf is this comment. Seriously.

Andrewcoursol

May 13, 2018
ontario
Those games were not with the Leafs. He was also apparently terrible during the Caps regular season, not like he sucked in playoffs so they let him go.

He redeemed himself during the season, no reason he can't do it in the playoffs. Former first round pick and highly touted goalie prospect who is only 25... No reason he can't figure it out

No. Leafs will need to add a first to move either.

Wtf is this comment. Seriously.
it is a question about what the leafs options are this offseason, the farm system is depleted and the leafs have traded away a lot of picks in the first 3 rounds in the next few years, so how do the leafs find a way to make changes in order to win a round in the playoffs, also cap space is an issue as well.

Andrewcoursol

May 13, 2018
ontario
Hmm, maybe just maybe. Now hear me out. Lots of Habs fans either have or do live in Toronto and we also are forced to follow the leafs because they are everywhere here?

Can't speak for my fellow Habs fans but that's my reason. Born and raised in the GTA by French Ontarians/Qubecers who heard about the leafs every year by friends/sports shows so you know we get involved routing for the other team.
you are not the only french Ontarian in the GTA

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
it is a question about what the leafs options are this offseason, the farm system is depleted and the leafs have traded away a lot of picks in the first 3 rounds in the next few years, so how do the leafs find a way to make changes in order to win a round in the playoffs, also cap space is an issue as well.

The Leafs haven't lost yet, enough of this crap. Not going to answer any more of this stuff. Obvious what you are doing anyways

Reactions: Angry Little Elf

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
I know Lightning fans have nothing to really prove with their team last few years, but it is funny the most level headed and humble fans are Lightning fans and the loudest and most obnoxious ones are random fans not involved in the series.
Weird. I have the same opinion when I see you post irrational takes about Draisaitl in the LA/EDM threads.

Strangle

May 4, 2009
Get the shots in now folks because the GDT will be pretty empty later today. Leafs are going to look like the team from the past 82 games and not whatever last game was tonight.

Leafs about to string together some wins. Thinking at least 3 in a row, don't think anyone beats Tampa 4 in a row. Think the series is wrapped up in Tampa game 6

Agreed 100%

This will be a much different game tonight, and I also think the Leafs string a few togethrr

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
you are not the only french Ontarian in the GTA

Oh I know, but ya know can't assume everyone has the same reasons for being so adamantly involved in wanting the leafs to lose.

I always laugh when the talking heads compare the penalties that were called. Poulin and Corrado were yapping about the same thing last night, counting penalties for each team, as if that proves the game was called fairly. Somehow they ignore all the missed calls that happen to only benefit one team. Especially ones at critical moments in the game.

But that isn't a leaf problem that's a league problem. It happens every game and teams that get called less than they should are just playing the game as the rules are called.

It's not a Wes vs leafs problem it's an NHL is stupid about this problem.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Weird. I have the same opinion when I see you post irrational takes about Draisaitl in the LA/EDM threads.

Yeah I have a few beers and post some hot takes during games, I think everyone does. I don't spend all day in the LA/EDM thread saying how bad the Oilers are and all of that though which is the difference.

Looking forward to some hot takes tonight that is for sure.

Strangle

May 4, 2009
You know what's funny. Steve Dangle (leafs podcaster) broke down playoff games the leafs have played that were reffed by Wes McAuley. And it turns out like most NHL games the two teams total penalties taken were very similar. (Almost always within 1 penalty).

And almost all of the exceptions either favored the leafs or included penalties out of the refs discretion (puck over glass, failed challenges, or a player doing something super illegal like Bunting did.

So this whole these specific refs are biased against leafs is pretty nonsensical. It's a problem every team has where the penalties will always be close.

This can be very misleading. They could have given the Leafs 4 powerplays in a row to ‘even up’ the penalties in the 3rd period on Tuesday, but the game was already over.

Just looking at how many penalties are called doesn’t matter. How many were not called? What was the state of the game/momentum when they were called?

And it’s not just the Leafs, it’s a problem in the NHL.

Didn’t the islanders just get absolutely screwed by the refs?

What normally happens is that the refs will actively try to keep the penalty calls somewhat close or even. If your opponent commits 35 penalty worthy infractions, they won’t be called for all of them.

If your team only commits 4 penalty worthy infractions, they’ll get called on all of them.

This leaves the opponents able to get away with 31 penalties that the refs won’t call, all out of fear of one team spending too much more time in the box than the other.

Last edited:

BlueSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
If this continues, the "Comeback Story" will be how the Leafs team went on an epic road trip from Tampa Bay to get back to Toronto after they lost in the first round.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Is there an update on Hedman?

I expect a Toronto blowout tonight. 5-1 type.

Unless they take any 5 minute major penalties etc.

Hedmonster Bolt

Les Paul Goon Life
May 8, 2018
Largo,Fl
Bolts vs Leafs D
Kick Cones GIF - Kick Cones Boy GIFs

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
I was speaking with my doctor about what to do if the leafs are swept. I explained to him that I almost suffocated from laughter when the Habs came back from 3-1, and my family is concerned about my well being if they don't win a single game here.

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
Hoping the Lightning mix Jennot out with Cirellis line a few times against Mathews and Marner. Clean hits but make them feel the forecheck. Make the stars pay for what happened to Cernek. Win or lose start wearing them down. Leave a mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad