GDT: GAME #11 | CANUCKS vs LEAFS | THURS, FEB 4 @ 7PM EST | SCOTIABANK ARENA | TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Why is Petan even playing? I'd much rather give someone with NHL upside -like Anderson- those minutes.

Anderson looked straight Vanilla in this first game. Boyd stood out way more.

Im assuming Dubvas is looking for an Upgrade regardless in the forward position

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Really looking forward to watch out top 2 lines tonight ... I really like idea of Hyman on 1 pair and Simmonds on other ... best line matching I think Keefe can do with current roster ... 1 big guy on each line who can grind, get pucks and cycle ... 1 guy who can shoot .. and 1 guy who is a puck mover ... I expect both lines to be very productive and think they will end up as our playoff line up

Mik, Foot and ugggggh Vesey as speed line (see Roberston taking Vesey spot here for playoffs)

Then Junbo, Spezz and engvall (uggggggggh) but it will have to do

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
I don't want to see us squeak out wins vs Vancouver (I'll take them over losses) but Montreal has been thoroughly dominating Vancouver and that is what I expect of us

"Tyler Toffoli leads the NHL with nine goals, including eight in five games against the Vancouver Canucks, the team he played for at the end of last season. The forward scored two in a 5-3 win against Vancouver on Tuesday for his third multigoal game of the season. The Canadiens are 4-0-1 with 28 goals against the Canucks and have scored at least five goals in each game."

That's 60% of their points and almost 65% of their goals vs the canucks
I'm quite happy with one- and two-goal wins.

I like seeing the Leafs successfully out close out squeakers. That's something they couldn't do not long ago, and something that will have to be second nature to them as time goes by if they are to succeed.

Reactions: The Missing Piece

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
Anderson looked straight Vanilla in this first game. Boyd stood out way more.

Im assuming Dubvas is looking for an Upgrade regardless in the forward position

It was his first game in 10 months, I wouldn't expect him to look impressive. He'll never get better if he doesn't play. We traded Johnsson for him so presumably we should have a vested interest in giving him an opportunity to develop over Petan, who's a finished product and shouldn't even be qualified this summer.

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
No GDT yet?
Not unless someone has something in the works already.

I'm debating whether to just simply convert this thread into a GDT if nobody creates one soon.

Edit: Thread is now marked as GDT with the most recent projected lines for both teams.

Last edited:

Nylander88

Aug 13, 2016
Ontario
After the furious pace to start the season, this mini break has seemed like forever! Can't wait to get home from work, crack a beer, and turn on game one of this mini series against the nucks

Reactions: Jojalu

Terrible GM

Jul 10, 2013
Maritimes
In the past few years it seems the Leafs would come out flat in the first period after a layoff, let's hope they have learned.

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
Why does Agostino never get a sniff? I don’t get it....

Petan is a nothing player and has already showed what he is (or isn’t).

did Agostino do something to Dubas? Smudge his glasses? Kick sand on him? Make fun of his dog???

I don’t get it...

Completely disagree. I have a huge soft spot for Petan. He lost his brother a few years ago. I think he is way better than the majority of fans on this board. Rarely makes a bad pass. Keeps possession. He can play in the NHL. Unfortunately it doesn't matter what he does tonight, he isn't going to be in this line-up for more than a game with all the bodies trying to get in. Will be rooting hard for him. I just hope he gets more than 5 minutes ice time and makes a bunch of people on this board eat crow for at least one game.

diehardleafsfan9878

Mar 9, 2015
Wow. No idea how that went it. I watched the video 10 times and I still can't see it go in.
I slowed it down to .25 speed. The angle behind matthews makes it look like it goes 5 hole. The angle above the net looks like it went short side against the post. The net cam you dont even see the puck go in, but only come out on the far side. This is 100% black magic.

VanW27

Jun 9, 2003
Canada
Well I live among the enemy out here in BC and Vancouver's player losses from last year have really weakened them, with Toffoli and Markstrom the most.

I think Vancouver is now near the bottom of the Div and battling Ottawa for last 2 spots.

Its always nice when my Leafs can run up some nice wins against the Nucks, because I know it annoys my neighbours. :wg:
Toffoli played 10 games for the Canucks.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Completely disagree. I have a huge soft spot for Petan. He lost his brother a few years ago. I think he is way better than the majority of fans on this board. Rarely makes a bad pass. Keeps possession. He can play in the NHL. Unfortunately it doesn't matter what he does tonight, he isn't going to be in this line-up for more than a game with all the bodies trying to get in. Will be rooting hard for him. I just hope he gets more than 5 minutes ice time and makes a bunch of people on this board eat crow for at least one game.
I'll root for him for sure. Its just that his play hasnt prevented him from clearing waivers. Quite frankly, playing NHL hockey would have most of the league eating crow.

Reactions: Buds17

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
To this day, we still don't know where that went in at.
Under the glove, he took too long getting in position with it, looks like it went right under his glove.

Edit: I lied, I changed my mind, now it looks like it went short side from another angle. I am determined to figure this out before I fall asleep.

Last edited:

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
Matthews could knock the testicle off a flea

merlin_162823140_1c1f1729-64c9-48e6-89d8-646926655fb6-superJumbo.jpg

diehardleafsfan9878

Mar 9, 2015
Under the glove, he took too long getting in position with it, looks like it went right under his glove.

Edit: I lied, I changed my mind, now it looks like it went short side from another angle. I am determined to figure this out before I fall asleep.
The angle right over Matthews shoulder, if you slow it down to .25 speed shows it going in, along the ice, under Demkos pad.

willmma

Jan 5, 2017
The angle right over Matthews shoulder, if you slow it down to .25 speed shows it going in, along the ice, under Demkos pad.

If you pause the video right before the goal. And use the . and , buttons you can forward or rewind one frame at a time. I did that from the net cam and still could not see it go in.

diehardleafsfan9878

Mar 9, 2015
If you pause the video right before the goal. And use the . and , buttons you can forward or rewind one frame at a time. I did that from the net cam and still could not see it go in.
Because of the distortion at the bottom of the video, the puck gets mostly hidden as it goes in. But I have found it. It does go in along the ice under demkos pad. Watch the net cam at .25 speed and watch along the ice by demkos right skate and you will see the puck for a split second before it is lost in the distortion.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto

Thank you for that, lol I had no idea you can freeze frame. As I first suspected, goes in right under his glove, just above the pad, there was TINY opening.

edit: I Lied again, I give up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad