GDT: GAME #11 | CANUCKS vs LEAFS | THURS, FEB 4 @ 7PM EST | SCOTIABANK ARENA | TSN

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rondo Hatton

Dec 20, 2013
Toffoli played 10 games for the Canucks.

I'll admit I know so little about Toffoli, sure I know the name but playing out on the west coast I never really observed his game. Either he's just on a heater right now or Montreal picked him up at just the right time in his career. His numbers over 7 seasons with LA indicate a guy that gets between 40-60pts a season. He's on a 80-90 pt pace so far.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Completely disagree. I have a huge soft spot for Petan. He lost his brother a few years ago. I think he is way better than the majority of fans on this board. Rarely makes a bad pass. Keeps possession. He can play in the NHL. Unfortunately it doesn't matter what he does tonight, he isn't going to be in this line-up for more than a game with all the bodies trying to get in. Will be rooting hard for him. I just hope he gets more than 5 minutes ice time and makes a bunch of people on this board eat crow for at least one game.
Pro hockey is tough. Very tough. You work ur whole life for 1 shot. Most guys never get 1. Some guys get a couple. Few get 3 or more especially 1st rounders. You have to make da most of your chances. Bottom line you don't want to be done and thinking man i didn't leave everything I had on ice. When he gets his chance tonight he has to seize it. It might be his last ever. That is how he should play like he is finished after game.

diehardleafsfan9878

Mar 9, 2015
Thank you for that, lol I had no idea you can freeze frame. As I first suspected, goes in right under his glove, just above the pad, there was TINY opening.

edit: I Lied again, I give up
Because of the distortion at the bottom of the video, the puck gets mostly hidden as it goes in. But I have found it. It does go in along the ice under demkos pad. Watch the net cam at .25 speed and watch along the ice by demkos right skate and you will see the puck for a split second before it is lost in the distortion.

That part of the video starts at 46 seconds.

CanuckleBerry

Benning Survivor
Sep 27, 2017
New Westminster
I'll admit I know so little about Toffoli, sure I know the name but playing out on the west coast I never really observed his game. Either he's just on a heater right now or Montreal picked him up at just the right time in his career. His numbers over 7 seasons with LA indicate a guy that gets between 40-60pts a season. He's on a 80-90 pt pace so far.

It actually makes a lot of sense why he would have this much success against the Canucks. Toffoli is a really sneaky player. He isn't a particularly great skater, but he somehow has a knack for finding himself in great position quite often. The Canucks current defensive coverage is beyond awful, no system, out of position and lots of give aways. That sneakiness is kryptonite against this kind of defense.

diehardleafsfan9878

Mar 9, 2015
upload_2021-2-4_16-10-20.png

The puck looks photoshopped tf.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
He ended up on right team for him ... always wanted to be a Canadian as a kid ... played on best jr cdn team ever (Stuey's team) in G ... hard *ss 2 way player ... likes to mix it up ... will carve u up if pushed .. very chippy ... heavy compete level ... loves to score goals ... a little more skilled version of Gallagher ... probably a 30 goal guy for next 3 years

Rondo Hatton

Dec 20, 2013
Well it looks like Montreal is a perfect, as a Leaf fan it pains me to see the Habs making these moves and it all coming up Aces for them. I hope this is temporary and something goes south for them - soon

pucksakes666

Mar 8, 2018
Leafs are back after a few days off how many ugly goalies is Freddy gonna give up? I’m predicting one goes through his arm blocker side and another on a bad angle all in the first 10 minutes.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Well it looks like Montreal is a perfect, as a Leaf fan it pains me to see the Habs making these moves and it all coming up Aces for them. I hope this is temporary and something goes south for them - soon
When you have good coaching, a good goalie, and players who, even if they lack high end skill, can buy in and play responsible hockey you can be a pretty competitive team in this league. That being said, they will hit a skid at some point and eventually premier talent will rise to the top. Can't see the Habs going past the second round at most.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
When you have good coaching, a good goalie, and players who, even if they lack high end skill, can buy in and play responsible hockey you can be a pretty competitive team in this league. That being said, they will hit a skid at some point and eventually premier talent will rise to the top. Can't see the Habs going past the second round at most.
They will hit a season blip for sure ... but it is a gritty fast forward team built for playoff hockey ... Weber Edmundson Petry Chiarot are 4 tough big defensive ombres ... and with Price behind them they will be a huge test for us in north final ... i hope we win ... but our guys are gonna have to pay da price to get to net

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Is it common for posts to disappear without a trace or am I losing my mind?
Losing your mind. I am replying to it now. Every once in awhile it happens ha. Hasn’t happened to me in ages. It’s waiting for a really long one to do it to me i suppose :)

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
I’d pick the over on 9 goals this game. Leafs will come out lagging after 4 days off. 6-4 Leafs

Guy Boucher

Oct 22, 2008
Lol Yup.

the 2 4th lines in the Calgary games were:

Gm1 Barabanov-Engvall-Spezza
Gm2 Engvall-Boyd-Anderson

Anderson and Spezza never played in the same game.

So yeah I imagine the one that sticks in Keefe's mind as "quick on the puck" would be that 2nd one, the Engvall-Boyd-Anderson line.

I hope he gets reminded that Engvall was on that line.

I can't imagine that Keefe doesn't know that Engvall (and probably Anderson) are definitely top 12 forwards on this team.

I'm convinced that they're worried about waiver eligibility. Engvall has 3 games left before he becomes waiver eligible.

Reactions: Buds17 and zeke
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad