GDT: GAME #11 | CANUCKS vs LEAFS | THURS, FEB 4 @ 7PM EST | SCOTIABANK ARENA | TSN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
I have a sick feeling in my stomach. We had a few days off were we mentally tortured ourselves about playing the Canucks. We're playing them a three game mini-series.

They played 13 games already. they are not good. we are much better. we should blow them out of the water. And yet, I'm worried we might struggle with them. And experience has taught me that we probably will lose to them.

Feel that way when we lose.

Don't waste your time feeling that way now.

Once

Stop ******* crying bro
Jul 16, 2010
Interesting statement here

While that line was pinned in their own end at times, they also applied tons of pressure and produced. That was by far the best fourth line I've seen on the Leafs in a little while. Not having GOAT certainly helps - perhaps my expectations are low as result.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
The thing is...they've never actually played together lol. When Anderson played, Spezza was a scratch. The Line was Engvall - Boyd - Anderson.

Ha. I was thinking that but wasn't sure.

And hey no surprise that the 4th line is suddenly quicker when Spezza and simmonds aren't there.

Reactions: Critical91

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
The thing is...they've never actually played together lol. When Anderson played, Spezza was a scratch. The Line was Engvall - Boyd - Anderson.

Lol Yup.

the 2 4th lines in the Calgary games were:

Gm1 Barabanov-Engvall-Spezza
Gm2 Engvall-Boyd-Anderson

Anderson and Spezza never played in the same game.

So yeah I imagine the one that sticks in Keefe's mind as "quick on the puck" would be that 2nd one, the Engvall-Boyd-Anderson line.

I hope he gets reminded that Engvall was on that line.

Reactions: Guy Boucher

SoftDumpNtheCorner88

Jul 5, 2020
I expect us to start off slow and Vancouver to come hard... But as the game goes on we find our flow and Vancouver will tire out while we pick up speed.

After long breaks we always seem to start off slow and it takes us time to get up to speed, I'd like too see that change but I fully expect it.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Lineups with GSVA from theathletic.com:

Screenshot_20210204-121711_Sheets.jpg

Reactions: MattySnipes

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
Actually really intrigued to see simmonds line up with Tavares and Nylander tonight. I think that line could actually work really well

I am not sure I love the idea of playing Simmonds that high but the Tavares line needs some juice and I like how this move adds more speed to the lower lines.

Looking forward to seeing it tonight.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
I don't want to see us squeak out wins vs Vancouver (I'll take them over losses) but Montreal has been thoroughly dominating Vancouver and that is what I expect of us

"Tyler Toffoli leads the NHL with nine goals, including eight in five games against the Vancouver Canucks, the team he played for at the end of last season. The forward scored two in a 5-3 win against Vancouver on Tuesday for his third multigoal game of the season. The Canadiens are 4-0-1 with 28 goals against the Canucks and have scored at least five goals in each game."

That's 60% of their points and almost 65% of their goals vs the canucks

Reactions: supermann_98

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Actually really intrigued to see simmonds line up with Tavares and Nylander tonight. I think that line could actually work really well
We are like treally teaching these guys some D in Defense play tonight mayne! Like for real sire! We LOVE LIFE and hockey! THIS IS OURS TO TAKE AGAIN! Not FAKE AGAIN; BUT TAKE AGAIN! Even more points to us :clap: WITH OUR MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
-165 for the Leafs against Canucks.

Pretty high odds for them to win. Don't know if I've ever seen it that high for Leafs.

I've seen -200 once. But that was like Tampa Bay vs Detroit last year.

18leafsfan18

Jul 28, 2012
Ontario
Need a big win tonight.

Have had some games where they dominate at the start and let teams back in.

Dominate. Continue to Dominate and destroy this team.

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
If we take 4/6 PTS from the Canucks, split the Montreal home & home, and take all three home games against Ottawa, we'll keep our .750 pace and have 27 PTS in 18 GP. Totally doable.

I can live with that.

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
happy to see Simmonds get a shot in the top 6. I think he's a better choice than any of the other 6 guys playing in our bottom 6 tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad