GDT: GAME #11 | CANUCKS vs LEAFS | THURS, FEB 4 @ 7PM EST | SCOTIABANK ARENA | TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
I like the idea of facing them in the ECF is slay the demons so to speak.

Sounds good to me. Facing them after we've gotten the monkey off our back by winning a round or two first would be just fine. And of course my dream path to the cup would definitely include beating them on the way. MTL in round 2, Boston in round 3, that's the dream.

Shouldn't get ahead of things too much of course, gotta win one round first.

Finally a game day.

Fully expecting a loss here, given we are fully rested and Canucks have played 3 in 4 or something like that.

Yeah, pretty much.

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
Guessing the Nucks do relatively well in the 1st as the Leafs are often sluggish after a long layoff but pick up the intensity as the game goes along. Guessing it'll be 4-2 Leafs with one of the Leaf goals being an EN.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
upload_2021-2-4_9-55-13.png

Twine Tickler

Apr 5, 2010
Vancouver
this is a game where the Leafs will be playing their 2nd game in the last 6 days, in comparison this is the 4th gam in the last 6 for the Canucks. This has to be an area of opportunity for the Leafs. So if history has anything to say about this, we will lose 4-1. All joking aside, I hope the Leafs stay patient in this game. Vancouver is undisciplined and poor defensively. Their Achilles heel this year has been their defensive zone turnovers. Establish a forecheck, and stay on on it. The chances will come

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
If we take 4/6 PTS from the Canucks, split the Montreal home & home, and take all three home games against Ottawa, we'll keep our .750 pace and have 27 PTS in 18 GP. Totally doable.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
If we take 4/6 PTS from the Canucks, split the Montreal home & home, and take all three home games against Ottawa, we'll keep our .750 pace and have 27 PTS in 18 GP. Totally doable.
Doable for sure but you have to think at some point Ottawa will start to win a few games.

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
The Rielly pair has actually been getting most of the topine matchup so far.

Yea, It appears to most that Muzzin/Holl are the great McDavid destroyers and so must be getting all the all the hard minutes but its Rielly/Brodie that have been up against the Draisaitl line and Monahan line and the Scheifele line, etc.

Maybe an ease back on the QoC by handing some tougher minutes to our bottom pairing (who have been pretty great) will help them gel a little better?

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Rielly - Brodie has been getting the toughest matchups, but tonight I want to see Keefe try to get Muzzin - Holl out against this trio.

Give Rielly the Horvat line which is a menace in itself but easier to defend.
Rielly a second pairing guy, yeah I can accept that...

Reactions: Critical91

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Especially since Toffoli has scored 8 of his 9 goals against them this year lol :laugh: ... losers.

When the Habs signed him I hated it because that was a very good signing, but who knew how bad it would bite Vancouver in the ass. Obviously not Benning. That clown took Juolevi over Tkachuk ffs

Well I live among the enemy out here in BC and Vancouver's player losses from last year have really weakened them, with Toffoli and Markstrom the most.

I think Vancouver is now near the bottom of the Div and battling Ottawa for last 2 spots.

Its always nice when my Leafs can run up some nice wins against the Nucks, because I know it annoys my neighbours. :wg:

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
Let's hope Petan can come out flying with some juice and start nailing some people

I think you might be disappointed lol

However, as pointed out by zeke or dekes, he had a great AHL season and it's possible he comes out and controls play against weaker competition.

Brodie is a lot better than I thought he was. Very quiet game, but thinks the game well and makes smarter plays way more often than not. Those in free agency on here that were comparing him to a Jake Gardiner...I just don't see it

Agreed, I like watching him play. He's smaller and more timid than I remembered, but he's very calm, and has a good stick. Struggles in front of our net, but makes up for it by breaking cycles and making good plays in the other zones.

I'd like Sandin to learn a bit from Brodie on how to stay collected and to get some of the nervous noise out of his game as he grows into an NHL player.

bansheebeat

Cherry-Coloured Funk
Jul 31, 2011
Never thought Petan would see a game this season, especially before Sandin. Maybe he's having solid showings in practice because he seems like 20th on the forward depth chart. 20th forward before 8th defenceman (and future core)?

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
Never thought Petan would see a game this season, especially before Sandin. Maybe he's having solid showings in practice because he seems like 20th on the forward depth chart. 20th forward before 8th defenceman (and future core)?

We've been pretty fortunate with defence not facing injuries. Sandin will get his shot (I'm antsy too :) )

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Given the Leafs track record I would be pleasantly surprised if they came out with a solid 60-minute effort in this one :laugh:

Hoping they don't completely dog it to start the game and spot the Canucks an early 2-0 that they have to overcome.

Still, I'm thinking this is another 4-3 overtime type game.

giphy-downsized-medium.gif

Reactions: Pinto and Lumberg

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Never thought Petan would see a game this season, especially before Sandin.
We have two LW injuries at the same time, and zero defense injuries thus far. Also, the bottom end of the defense is playing better than the bottom end of the forwards.

willmma

Jan 5, 2017
I have a sick feeling in my stomach. We had a few days off were we mentally tortured ourselves about playing the Canucks. We're playing them a three game mini-series.

They played 13 games already. they are not good. we are much better. we should blow them out of the water. And yet, I'm worried we might struggle with them. And experience has taught me that we probably will lose to them.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Interesting statement here

Well that was obvious from the game.

Clearly he's giving all the depth guys opportunities to get game action and see who fits best in the long term.

With a short camp and no exhibition games Keefe had limited chances to play with some depth lines, so he's doing it on the fly.

Sounds like that will be the long-term fourth line though if nobody else steps up.

Reactions: leafsfan5
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad