Post-Game Talk: GAME 11 - BRUINS now 10-1 as they beat NYR 5-2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB

He is some player .There was a play there in 3rd Bruins protecting lead where puck came back to him at blueline and he kept the puck to same side instead of trying the cross ice to other D man.And the opposing forward had pressure on him to but he ate it took the bump and just kept it in long enough for others to get back .Not a flashy play but smart & that's how you go 10-1..Really playing great hockey.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Not to be a wet blanket, but didn't Montreal start last season 10-1? No doubt this BRUINS team is good, but this injury epidemic has got to stop. Btw, does anyone here know anything about the new back-up goalie Kinkaid?
Kinkaid is a solid backup for sure .I watched him have some good starts .Bruins are deep in Nets. Keyser can keep eating minutes in AHL to.

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
1667537009896.png

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
I notice that Butch isn't doing too bad at Vegas. I also remember the BRUINS accumulated 107 points last season with Butch as coach. Personally, I liked Cassidy and in his 6 years as head coach the BRUINS reached the PO's 6 times.
Perhaps some of us can just wish Cassidy the best and quit taking cheap shots at him.
I don't see many fans questioning Cassidy's coaching abilities or winning pct., but rather his willingness to blame certain players for losses by throwing them under the bus the last two years.

Instead of him having the player's backs, they had to watch their backs...and that’s what spelled the beginning of the end for Butch in Boston.

It all comes down to having respect for one another and trusting one another if an organization is going to be successful ....when Cassidy lost both, he had to go

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal

The Ducks didn't trade away a good player, they traded away a cornerstone.

Speaking of possession numbers, here's an article from 2017 about Lindholm: The Most Underrated Defenseman. This shows the longevity of his play in the league and that it didn't just sprout in Boston.

Lindholm had been carrying Anaheim's defense, especially during the past few years of the Ducks' rebuild. Just how underrated is Lindholm? Last year, he was babysitting 19-year old rookie RHD Drysdale as the top pairing all season long until the TDL. Lindholm was a +0 rating in 61 games for the Ducks and Drysdale finished a team worst -26 in 81 games.

Now, he's on a more veteran-laden playoff team on the East Coast and the green light to more offensive (no more babysitting rebuilds). I'm so happy for Magnus and the Bruins. And to think, y'all aren't playing on a full 8-cylinders yet too. When y'all get healthy, just how much more scarier can the Bruins become?!

arider1990

Dec 9, 2018
Not to be a wet blanket, but didn't Montreal start last season 10-1? No doubt this BRUINS team is good, but this injury epidemic has got to stop. Btw, does anyone here know anything about the new back-up goalie Kinkaid?
He has played 167 nhl games with a 2.92 GAA and a 0.905 save percentage in his career. Great player to have as a third string goalie

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
I love how we're getting contributions from throughout the lineup, especially from the bottom 6 forwards, led by Coyle and the rejuvenated Foligno, with solid role-player contributions from Greer, Lauko, Frederic and Nosek. And to think when Krejci is healthy, add Zacha to that group.

I really hope, longterm, a third line of Zacha, Coyle and Frederic/Greer can get some serious chemistry. That's a great combo of grit, size, possession and skill.

Imagine if Sweeney is able to trade Reilly+Smith for more defensive depth.

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
Lindholm good - again. Pasta was on fire tonight. Loved his effort level even if he didn't light it up. Frederic was good. Finally seems to have found his role. Ullmark solid. Not brilliant, but good.

Lastly, are there ANY Foligno haters left? :)

(Minnesota's falling apart, maybe we can get Marcus off them before the deadline for a double shot :))

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine

Gross. Montreal lost their first 5 games and were 3-8 after 11 games. They didn't win their 10th game until Febuary, lol.

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013

Speaking of possession numbers, here's an article from 2017 about Lindholm: The Most Underrated Defenseman. This shows the longevity of his play in the league and that it didn't just sprout in Boston.

Lindholm had been carrying Anaheim's defense, especially during the past few years of the Ducks' rebuild. Just how underrated is Lindholm? Last year, he was babysitting 19-year old rookie RHD Drysdale as the top pairing all season long until the TDL. Lindholm was a +0 rating in 61 games for the Ducks and Drysdale finished a team worst -26 in 81 games.

Now, he's on a more veteran-laden playoff team on the East Coast and the green light to more offensive (no more babysitting rebuilds). I'm so happy for Magnus and the Bruins. And to think, y'all aren't playing on a full 8-cylinders yet too. When y'all get healthy, just how much more scarier can the Bruins become?!
I think we Bruins fans owe a debt of gratitude to Jamie Drysdale for suppressing Lindholm's numbers/performance, because that contract he signed here is looking like a cornerstone defenseman with a deal smack dab moneywise between two cornerstone players' eight year contracts signed by the Bruins eight and five years ago - Bergeron and Marchand.

I was gobsmacked thinking about that contract tonight and what this friggin' guy is doing. He signed for a few bucks more than David Backes did half a decade ago. Madness.

Best wishes to the Ducks, and specifically Drysdale. Hope he comes back strong from the torn shoulder and helps lead your lads back to better days.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I don't see many fans questioning Cassidy's coaching abilities or winning pct., but rather his willingness to blame certain players for losses by throwing them under the bus the last two years.

Instead of him having the player's backs, they had to watch their backs...and that’s what spelled the beginning of the end for Butch in Boston.

It all comes down to having respect for one another and trusting one another if an organization is going to be successful ....when Cassidy lost both, he had to go

It shows on the ice. They're playing like there's a giant weight off their backs.

Reactions: Gordoff and BMC

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB

Lindholm is a huge reason Boston is weathering all these injuries .I hope ya'll strike gold on those picks.

Reactions: Gordoff

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Another thoroughly entertaining game. Imagine adding Charlie and DK back into the line-up. Wow.....this is so much fun.

I think Lindgren probably hurt himself more by throwing those two hits before Pasta hit him back. There was nothing wrong with Pasta's hit, it was worth the penalty and changed the tone as mentioned. Loved the fights!

I love that Uncle Nick is filling in for Sway with the hugs.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
After reading the NYR GDT they all want Pasta taken out.
Im pretty sure that Lindgren hit Bergeron right after the Pasta hit so to blame Pasta for his concussion is tunnel vision on their part. Wanting Pasta hurt is pathetic and speaks volumes of that board and the individual poster.

Not sure I’ve ever seen a head coach that hyped for a goal, in a midweek regular season game, not even an OT tally. Monty goes nuts and Chris Kelly is stone faced.

So perfect
Quintessential Chris Kelly and it’s awesome and absolutely hilarious

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad