Post-Game Talk: GAME 10 - A well earned 2 points - BRUINS 3 Hogtown 2 F/SO

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bs1011

May 27, 2019
I thought Marchand got his stick in there, but 3 different experienced referees thought it was just two guys tangled up so I don’t think it’s a “homer” view to agree with them.
You had that idiot Ferraro on the broadcast immediately setting the agenda talking about it was a can opener. It was a nothing play two guys going for the puck and got tangled up. I swear the crying from the Canuck Toronto and Montreal is insufferable. They actually want marchand suspended. I’ve seen that play a thousand times against the Bruins you just hope the player falling awkwardly in to the boards gets up.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Exactly right. Goaltending is the strength of this team and it’s the reason we are 9-0-1. It would be absolute insanity to mess with that right now...
Yes - let it play out ….as of today enjoy & be grateful for them and this situation

Some day we will be remembering the good old days of these two and the goalie hug

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
So true. Used to hang some with a dude from Toronto and his brother, both massive Leafs fans. Coolest cats ever. Like seriously two of the nicest and most chill people I've ever come across. They were both DJs for a musician named Nelly Furtado (she's also a gem of a person) and were on tour a lot back in the day. They somehow still managed to keep up with the Leafs and the NHL as well as anyone. Knew their hockey inside and out.
All of the Leaf fans I have met at the Garden (and over 23 years there are many) they are great. They know their hockey and are fun to talk to..

On the HF....I used to think there were a few nuts but after reading their GDT from last night, they have many fools. Worst of all a mod was posting and did NOTHING about wishing injury on Brad, Pasta and others. Break Pasta's leg...send them off on stretchers???

I know our mods would not have allowed that and do not understand why the Leaf mods let that shit on here....IT IS AGAINST the rules. Years ago, I had posts deleted for wishing harm on matt cooke.

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Do not want Bertuzzi back. He may like it here, but he is not a positive contributor when the rubber meets the road. I sense a punishment trade to the Sharks or CBJ in Bertuzzi's future, anyway.
I have to agree unless he was real cheap. Bs seem to have better options.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Do not want Bertuzzi back. He may like it here, but he is not a positive contributor when the rubber meets the road. I sense a punishment trade to the Sharks or CBJ in Bertuzzi's future, anyway.

He had 10 points in 7 playoff games, the very definition of when the rubber hits the road. They even showed them in the highlights!

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
All of the Leaf fans I have met at the Garden (and over 23 years there are many) they are great. They know their hockey and are fun to talk to..

On the HF....I used to think there were a few nuts but after reading their GDT from last night, they have many fools. Worst of all a mod was posting and did NOTHING about wishing injury on Brad, Pasta and others. Break Pasta's leg...send them off on stretchers???

I know our mods would not have allowed that and do not understand why the Leaf mods let that shit on here....IT IS AGAINST the rules. Years ago, I had posts deleted for wishing harm on matt cooke.
I don't know. Marchy has made a lot of enemies. We all wish injuries on a bitter rival from time to time. For example, after one of Carlo's concussion, I had had it and wished injury on several Caps.

Reactions: Mick Riddleton

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010

Agreed. Hate to say it, but I suspect the Bs board could quickly devolve into something like that as well. Every team has fans that are pieces of work. Mods over the years on this board have built a really nice culture that strikes a good balance of being able to express oneself, while at the same time not putting up with foolishness. Since I've been here it seems like any dumbassery gets quickly extinguised and those people take their act to Reddit and Twitter.

Reactions: Ladyfan and hrdpuk

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I don't know. Marchy has made a lot of enemies. We all wish injuries on a bitter rival from time to time. For example, after one of Carlo's concussion, I had had it and wished injury on several Caps.
Our mods usually delete that stuff (rightfully so...the RULES)

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002

Yup Toronto one of my favorite places - Leafs fans are no different than any other passionate fan base.

Patrice Bergeron and Brad Marchand would have been near perfect Montreal Canadiens. Bergeron the classy Beliveau type and Marchand a star who Bruins fans would loathe and probably consider an All time villain

I’m ecstatic we have them. We all know the fine line between love and hate is summed up by where Brad Marchand plays

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Our mods usually delete that stuff (rightfully so...the RULES)

One only has to look at the main board, where threads about Matthews' off-season antics get shuttered, and any Brad Marchand thread goes to 2 or 3 parts, to see what is at work here.

Reactions: Ladyfan

Bradely

Sep 17, 2021
I personally think, it is not correct to wish any harm or injury to players. I understand the emotional point behind it and the love giving to our local team, but it remains unacceptable comments. I just don't think it is necessary nor acceptable, if it comes out of any fans and/or myself. it remains a game and an entertainment show.

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
The good news is teams have learned you don’t have to overpay goalie’s any longer

Squiffy

Victims, rn't we all
Oct 21, 2006
Toronto
Was a good game. When the leafs turn on the gas man can that offense cook. Just can't seem to regulate the flame.

Find Lily a Rabbit's foot or something. 3 injuries in 3 games is beyond coincidence, it's a sign or something.
I know Keefe said "significant" time for him but any more on what specifically the issue is? High Ankle?

Knies is a keeper. Enjoy watching him play this season.

What's the over-under on Keefe still being there when Liljigren makes it back?
No word on Lily yet. Didn't look good obviously, hope for best but expecting bad news.

Knies was really having his first extended go on a top 2 line of the season the 2nd half of this game, he's been plugging away on the third so far, which didn't look great for his ability. The switch looked good, if unfortunately only because Bert has not fit at all there yet.

Keefe's not going anywhere this season, unless they somehow seriously tank out of playoff contention or something. Another disappointing playoffs would almost certainly seal his fate over the summer I'd think though.

Best of luck guys, look forward to the next one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad