Post-Game Talk: GAME 10 - A well earned 2 points - BRUINS 3 Hogtown 2 F/SO

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I still remember Devils fans saying Zacha is a lazy player.

I'm just not seeing it at all. He works his tail off night in and night out. I feel like he could have 15 points already if not for some bad puck luck.

I remember posting early last year how impressed I was with his defensive play and at least 3 Devils fans replied with a snarky comment…like just wait a few weeks.

Well, it’s been about a year and I’m still impressed.

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Appropo of nothing. One of my biggest pet peeves is when the media refers to athletes or former athletes as “stars” when they were far from it.

Bissonnette probably wasn’t a “star” in the AHL, nevermind the NHL.
No he was not. Far from it.
only thing I remember about him - as being that guy who's name barely fit on the back of a jersey.

...which is great, but in this particular case, I'm guessing that his success in the faceoff circle was overshadowed by the fact that he was the only Bruin who was on the ice for both Toronto goals.
game before that it Was Mac.
Against Florida

Reactions: sarge88

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Zacha might have a career year . Age only 26. With poitras zacha and Coyle down the middle we might be in very good shape here . I'm surprised.
impressed with Zacha.
Coyle is sneaky good.

I think you're wrong about the Marchand / Lilly play. Lilly looks over, sees Marchand, and moves to cut in front of him to slow down Marchand's puck pursuit. Marchand keeps his speed and they both go into a stick battle, with Marchand overpowering Lilly. It's never good to see a player injured like that but that was in no way a dirty play via a can opener or leg sweep; he simply lost the stick battle and their sticks/legs got caught up in each other.
Brian Burke agreed with you on Sirius radio Gord Stellicks show. Who by the way was whining for a suspension right up until he had Burke on the show.

Last edited:
Reactions: PB37

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
impressed with Zacha.
Coyle is sneaky good.

Brian Burke agreed with you on Sirius radio Gord Stellicks show. Who by the way was whining for a suspension right up until he had Burke on the show.
Stellick a regular shit-stirrer?

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Bertuzzi scored only 4 goals here in his first 21 games. It took him some time to get going. Once the playoffs started he was hands down the Bruins best forward:
5G 5A 10P in 7 games played. He will eventually find his game in Toronto and will be great for them.

And no chance Sweeney should move a goalie this season. Swayman & Ullmark are the strength of this team, followed by the PK.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
And no chance Sweeney should move a goalie this season. Swayman & Ullmark are the strength of this team, followed by the PK.
Agreed. They are THE reason the Bruins are in first place. As @JOKER 192 said earlier, every effort should be made to keep both long term and use this tandem method in the playoffs barring injury. The Bruins will go as far as the ‘tendies carry them.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
1000012908-png.762747

Reactions: neelynugs

bruinsfan1968

Make America United Again! Save our Democracy!
May 6, 2019
I hope you are doing fine now @Bruinator ! I also had that same surgery 11 months ago (called Bentall procedure). I had severe ascending aortic aneurysm that was luckily discovered during a routine exam (they also informed me that I had a bicuspid aortic valve). I had an open-heart surgery 3 days after. I feel very lucky to be alive since I was totally asymptomatic before that routine exam.

I want to use the occasion to thank all of you here. I spend a full week at the intensive care unit after the surgery and I was using the little energy I had to come read this wonderful board when I was allowed to use my phone. Our shared passion for the Bruins helped me a lot during that tough time. Thanks, and Go Bruins!
Glad you are doing well, I had that same heart surgery done almost 12 yrs ago, it saved my life.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
This^

I hope you are doing fine now @Bruinator ! I also had that same surgery 11 months ago (called Bentall procedure). I had severe ascending aortic aneurysm that was luckily discovered during a routine exam (they also informed me that I had a bicuspid aortic valve). I had an open-heart surgery 3 days after. I feel very lucky to be alive since I was totally asymptomatic before that routine exam.

I want to use the occasion to thank all of you here. I spend a full week at the intensive care unit after the surgery and I was using the little energy I had to come read this wonderful board when I was allowed to use my phone. Our shared passion for the Bruins helped me a lot during that tough time. Thanks, and Go Bruins!
I am so happy all went well.

This board has helped me out at times too.

It seems funny that some here are so close but have never met in person!

UncleRico

May 8, 2017

Thank god you caught it and I wish you nothing but the best in a quick and speedy recovery!

Bertuzzi scored only 4 goals here in his first 21 games. It took him some time to get going. Once the playoffs started he was hands down the Bruins best forward:
5G 5A 10P in 7 games played. He will eventually find his game in Toronto and will be great for them.

I highly doubt he moves a goalie in season. I don’t even really remember him moving any player that has a considerable role mid season. Just not something he does.

If you’re in the top 9 forwards and top 4 D on a Sweeney team, you are as near a lock to play out the season there is.

Number6

Mar 14, 2003
Visit site
Glad you are doing well, I had that same heart surgery done almost 12 yrs ago, it saved my life.

I really hope all is well with you @bruinsfan1968! I also hope your surgery went well and that you had a speedy recovery after it!

Thank god you caught it and I wish you nothing but the best in a quick and speedy recovery!

I highly doubt he moves a goalie in season. I don’t even really remember him moving any player that has a considerable role mid season. Just not something he does.

If you’re in the top 9 forwards and top 4 D on a Sweeney team, you are as near a lock to play out the season there is.

Thanks a lot for your kind words @UncleRico! The first few months after the surgery were really difficult, but things are getting better now!

bruinsfan1968

Make America United Again! Save our Democracy!
May 6, 2019
I really hope all is well with you @bruinsfan1968! I also hope your surgery went well and that you had a speedy recovery after it!

Thanks a lot for your kind words @UncleRico! The first few months after the surgery were really difficult, but things are getting better now!
Thank you @Number6, everything did go well, the cardiotherapy I had afterwards was a big help.
Plus having a TV show waiting for made everything worthwhile.
Let's GO BRUINS!

• Love
Reactions: Ladyfan and Number6

Number6

Mar 14, 2003
Visit site
This^

I am so happy all went well.

This board has helped me out at times too.

It seems funny that some here are so close but have never met in person!

Thanks a lot @Ladyfan ! Fully agree with you, I have been a member of this board for 20 years now, I haven't met anyone from here in person, but I sure feel close to some posters. For instance, when they show the Bruins bench during games, I always look for you and when you appear on screen, it makes me smile and feel happy to see a good friend! Thanks for your kindness and caring for other HF members.

Also, thanks to some posters here, especially @DKH, I have learn to look more at the positive side of things in life. That mindset helped me a lot during the difficult months right after the heart surgery. Thanks a lot Dan, I never met you, but you had a great impact in my life.

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Thanks a lot @Ladyfan ! Fully agree with you, I have been a member of this board for 20 years now, I haven't met anyone from here in person, but I sure feel close to some posters. For instance, when they show the Bruins bench during games, I always look for you and when you appear on screen, it makes me smile and feel happy to see a good friend! Thanks for your kindness and caring for other HF members.

Also, thanks to some posters here, especially @DKH, I have learn to look more at the positive side of things in life. That mindset helped me a lot during the difficult months right after the heart surgery. Thanks a lot Dan, I never met you, but you had a great impact in my life.
@DKH should be an inspirational speaker. He and I have had some long phone calls where he cheered me up and made me see things in a more positive light.

I don't know where you live but if you ever come to a Bs game let me (and Dan) know!

I have met quite a few HF folks over the years. Some were brief meetings. Some I have never met but still like and care about. You have been here longer than me.

Before I came here, I would not have believed that I would ever develop relationships on a hockey board. I spend far too much time here since I retired.

I would love to all meet up some day.

Reactions: Gee Wally

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002

Wow - that’s so kind.

I have two tricks I like that friends have told me they do or modified that are big part of their very happy lives.

1. I get up grab a bottle of water and head off to a 5-10 minute wake up gratitude shower.

I down the water either before, during, or after you (get the gist)- and think of something in shower about my life I’m grateful for - it could be anything but there are plenty of things. (Nothing to big or small)

Many of my friends do this but a bunch grab the water and head out for a walk - podcasts yes, but especially some of my friends wives do ‘gratitude walks’ on their trails

2. This is where my sports love comes in. I use a baseball at bat approach to my day - 4 ‘at bats’ and break into morning 7-12; afternoon 12-5; evening 5-10; and night 10-7. Basically 5 hours per at bat before bed and I try and work on something - accomplish something could be as simple as eat in moderation, go lift at gym; cut lawn; do errands.

It’s an ADD buster and I have that

Also look for joy hopefully in those at bats - the gym is easy I love lifting weights and even taking dog on a long trail walk works - or playing and patting with cat. Bottom line find what you want to accomplish.

The Bruins bring joy to me - every game is something I look forward to. To watch Lohrei the other night or Poitras at end or Swayman saves works for me. Absolute joy

Coming here or discord or text groups brings joy or I wouldn’t do it

Golf, Bruins, Celtics, yoga, volunteer work, stamp or coin collecting, hiking, watching kids play, Pets are great - cooking could apply to anyone here

As my mother said who loved sitting on folks boat reading a book - ‘do what floats your boat (always thought was ironic) but do it

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
The thread on the main board about Brad is just silly.

They all want Reeves to get Brad....Well...he would have to catch him first. Why would Brad fight a plug who is barely a NHL player?...who is twice his size?...for not doing anything wrong?

Silly thread.

I hope Looch is back next time we play the Laughs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad