Post-Game Talk: GAME 10 - A well earned 2 points - BRUINS 3 Hogtown 2 F/SO

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Trizz617

Jan 5, 2018
Boston/Quebec
soundcloud.com
They have nothing else better to do with all their built up frustration. Still not respectable at all. People sure are tough behind a screen or a windshield. Turns them into something else.
In general, there are some cool Leafs fans to vibe with. Very knowledgable & respectable. And then there are the insufferable mouth breather Leaf fans, who couldnt fight their way out of wet paperbags, spewing nonsense as usual.

Their trauma, is a real thing I suppose.

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
Swayman was again amazing did he say anything about the two he let in?
Bruins are in a good spot with their goaltending with Brandon Bussi waiting in the wings

Reactions: Alan Ryan and Kegs

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
. I've watched the video a few times and IMO it could have been a tripping call on #63 but that's it. It's unfortunate that Liljegren was injured & couldn't return to the game but
a hit that causes injury does not automatically make it a cheap hit. A lot depends on how fast the players are skating plus stick & body positions at the time of the hit.

Sometimes shit just happens. :(
I LOVE to see you defend Brad!!

Reactions: Trizz617

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
i watch because i love hockey and the bruins.
im just saying i dont yhink we will ever platoon in the playoffs. so we should trsde one of them.
we need another legit center.
i like lorhei. heshouldbe in the lineup.
if plsyoffs started today no way gryz starts ahead of him.
Lohrei makes Grizz completely dispensable. I would still like to add a Dillon or Middleton to the D. A top line center is going to have to wait until the off season, no way I move Ullmark or Swayman, in fact I would talk to both in the off season and see how they feel about splitting time going forward at 5mAAV apiece, probably wishful thinking but they work well together and you hopefully can add a top line UFA center or get one in a trade.

Lysell is the player I would dangle as he is looking more and more like a speedy, perimeter player who won't do what is needed to score in te pros.

Then Sportsnet started crying on my feed, which was hilarious. The only one who was like "C'Mon, guys" was Elliot, haha.
Surprised Kypreos was against the hit. He should know better.

TobanWest

Jan 28, 2020
In general, there are some cool Leafs fans to vibe with. Very knowledgable & respectable. And then there are the insufferable mouth breather Leaf fans, who couldnt fight their way out of wet paperbags, spewing nonsense as usual.

Their trauma, is a real thing I suppose.
I agree as I know a few but the insufferable ones outweight them by a large margain. Plus as mentioned by someone else their media puts them on a pedestal and complains the most. They definitely supper from PTSD

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub

Toronto brass has to be at a loss today. All those forwards, for what? Time to ship out a forward for defense. Just like it was last year, and the entire ten years before that.
I know what I would do but I'm not telling them. The answer has been under their noses for several years but....

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Good gravy. Just clicking on the "ZOMG!! MARCHAND!!" thread on the main board makes me lose 20 IQ points. Are we sure the average Leafs fan on here is in their teens? Because that "discussion" is skewing towards a Kindergarten level of discourse.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Good gravy. Just clicking on the "ZOMG!! MARCHAND!!" thread on the main board makes me lose 20 IQ points. Are we sure the average Leafs fan on here is in their teens? Because that "discussion" is skewing towards a Kindergarten level of discourse.
It is the absolute best lol

• Haha
Reactions: NeelyDan

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
I know it’s been said ad nauseam but wow we have had some absolutely spectacular goaltending

Toronto was getting some very high danger chances in the first two and Swayman just stonewalled.

Has a team ever won co-Vezinas? :laugh:
There was like 10 years (guessing not looking it up) of sub par goaltending, then Timmy, Tuukka, now Ulmark and Sway. Thats like 20 straight years of Vezina type goaltending. We have been spoiled.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
i watch because i love hockey and the bruins.
im just saying i dont yhink we will ever platoon in the playoffs. so we should trsde one of them.
we need another legit center.
i like lorhei. heshouldbe in the lineup.
if plsyoffs started today no way gryz starts ahead of him.
Then you trade Swayman

Doesn’t have a no trade
Wasn’t happy how arbitration went
Younger so rebuild teams would want
Lost 2 game 7’s so not yet established in playoffs

Go with Ullmark/Bussi

If Ullmark goes down Bussi looked outstanding when I went to Providence game v Hartford - good chance could be good in playoffs

Swayman & Grzelcyk to BU West for Hertl

Done

See where we are seeded and check in full time Mid April

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Bruins have scored 3 or more goals every game this season being outscored only once. With this goaltender tandem and a top tier defense they're not gonna lose a lot of games.

Reactions: Gordoff

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Lohrei makes Grizz completely dispensable. I would still like to add a Dillon or Middleton to the D. A top line center is going to have to wait until the off season, no way I move Ullmark or Swayman, in fact I would talk to both in the off season and see how they feel about splitting time going forward at 5mAAV apiece, probably wishful thinking but they work well together and you hopefully can add a top line UFA center or get one in a trade.

Lysell is the player I would dangle as he is looking more and more like a speedy, perimeter player who won't do what is needed to score in te pros.

Surprised Kypreos was against the hit. He should know better.
Agenda driven with most of them

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Then you trade Swayman

Doesn’t have a no trade

Go with Ullmark/Bussi

If Ullmark goes down Bussi looked outstanding when I went to Providence game v Hartford - good chance could be good in playoffs

Done

So we’re trading Swayman for a couple of questionable games sevens ,I don’t remember what he played in his first game 7 I thought he looked a little rusty in his game seven last season,his angles were off,but he hadn’t played in a week or more ,and he isn’t your typical back up goalie.Also he came in both times because of Ullmark’s play.

Reactions: BBruins

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
So we’re trading Swayman for a couple of questionable games sevens ,I don’t remember what he played in his first game 7 I thought he looked a little rusty in his game seven last season,his angles were off,but he hadn’t played in a week or more ,and he isn’t your typical back up goalie.Also he came in both times because of Ullmark’s play.
Sure why not

I’m thinking about April

I sit behind net and Swayman let in a goal should have had

Carolina gave up goal to Domi he should get if you plan on winning

Love him and if I was GM he’s here for next 10 years but if HFB wants to get that big stud center they need to realize you don’t skip a yard sale and bring it to an Infiniti dealership and drive out with a 2024 loaded SUV

I’m GM I’m chilling out and observing month by month

Today nothing going on if I’m Dollar Store Don on trade front

I’m Donny just enjoying Lohrei, Poitras, and Swayman three kids I drafted and Danton Heinen cerebral game

Reactions: Gordoff

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
Lets all admit what's going on here, great goaltending makes teams and coaches look better.
Bad goaltending makes great teams and coaches seem worse.
The Bruins have 2 great goaltenders.
They deserve credit for playing better than most people thought they would, but with average goaltending there's no way they go 9-0-1.
Good thing we have great goaltending.

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
Then you trade Swayman

Doesn’t have a no trade

Go with Ullmark/Bussi

Done

Have you seen Ullmarks numbers in Playoffs? To ding Swayman for two game 7s and ignore the sub 900 Ullmark has a 888 save percentage who has played more playoff games by 1 and has a losing record, vs Swayman who has a winning record and above 900 save percentage. Granted both still haven’t played many playoff games but to try to go by stats you can’t ignore Swayman has better playoff stats.

Last edited:

Bradely

Sep 17, 2021
If regular season means nothing why you watching and posting

Love Swayman like a family dog but in both game 7’s he lost against Carolina and Florida he gave up a goal you can’t

Ullmark no trade and Grzelcyk UFA isn’t getting you Lindholm

They stay healthy they should just get these new rookies and additions feeling at home and assess after New Years
Absolutely, definitely, certainly and positively, a great response, could not agree more!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad